GAUGING INTEREST: Laguna Seca Track Day (November '08)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:33 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
This is still just a gauging interest thread guys. Thanks for all the replies. We're currently working out some details with Laguna Seca. Once we have a firm price/setup, we'll put the word out, and we have no problem extending the invitation to a few different places, but we're gonna try and keep it to a small group so we can all have fun and don't have to worry about getting flagged the whole time to move over cuz some 100,000 track car is coming down the way!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:45 AM

Car Info: '06 STI
I'm interested. What are the track rules at such an event, limited passing, no side by side through corners, no diving in late entering corners, wave bys? I've been to some very safe, professionally run events and also wild, anything goes events with cars spinning out all over the place and a lot of close calls. Just curious as to what you had in mind.

Flames begin
Old 02-03-2008, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
This is still just a gauging interest thread guys. Thanks for all the replies. We're currently working out some details with Laguna Seca. Once we have a firm price/setup, we'll put the word out, and we have no problem extending the invitation to a few different places, but we're gonna try and keep it to a small group so we can all have fun and don't have to worry about getting flagged the whole time to move over cuz some 100,000 track car is coming down the way!
What about a 12,000 dollar track car?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
I'm interested as well.

-Brian
Old 02-04-2008, 11:26 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRC STi and a Brat
As far as Laguna Seca is concerned, you can only have 25 cars on the track at one time unless you pay a higher track rental fee. If you pay the higher rental fee then the most you can put up to 33 cars. As long as the passing rules are fairly liberal 25 cars on the track provides everyone with plenty of room. It then becomes a question of how many run groups. The best days at Laguna are three run groups of 20 minute sessions. That way you get seven runs in. Most organizations will tell you that 20-25 minutes is the longest most people can stay focused on track without starting to make mistakes. And mistakes can sometimes get very costly on the track. And with three run groups there isn't a lot of standing around all day waiting for the next session. Just my two cents on track days at Laguna Seca.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by STi4WRC
As far as Laguna Seca is concerned, you can only have 25 cars on the track at one time unless you pay a higher track rental fee. If you pay the higher rental fee then the most you can put up to 33 cars. As long as the passing rules are fairly liberal 25 cars on the track provides everyone with plenty of room. It then becomes a question of how many run groups. The best days at Laguna are three run groups of 20 minute sessions. That way you get seven runs in. Most organizations will tell you that 20-25 minutes is the longest most people can stay focused on track without starting to make mistakes. And mistakes can sometimes get very costly on the track. And with three run groups there isn't a lot of standing around all day waiting for the next session. Just my two cents on track days at Laguna Seca.
Thanks for the input. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Although we quite a bit of experience with these, we don't really have too much experience (actually none at all) running one of them, so it's definitely going to be a challenge, and info like this makes things a little bit more clear.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
i am very interested.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
i am very interested.
but then who's gonna take pics?!?!?!

hehe
Old 02-04-2008, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi
Count me in... but I thought laguna has that sound restriction for exhaust... i don't think some of us can't pass that..... =P
Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by wind
Count me in... but I thought laguna has that sound restriction for exhaust... i don't think some of us can't pass that..... =P
there's ways to fix your car...but hey, I'm not complaining about buying a silencer for my exhaust so I can run one of the most famous tracks in the world...
Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
but then who's gonna take pics?!?!?!

hehe
you take better pictures than i do. so you take pictures this time while i play.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
you take better pictures than i do. so you take pictures this time while i play.
haha, thanks for recognizing true greatness, but I'll be on the track, it's being put on by a damn photographer!

www.extpictures.com
Old 02-04-2008, 09:14 PM

Car Info: White 04 Sti
haha, thanks for recognizing true greatness, but I'll be on the track, it's being put on by a damn photographer!

www.extpictures.com
He was there at Laguna Seca over the weekend with Speed Ventures. I saw the pictures, they were awesome! I wanted to get some pics of my car but it started to rain and I had to drive home early. I'm interested in the track day but Nov is too far away. Will decide later.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by teamipr
He was there at Laguna Seca over the weekend with Speed Ventures. I saw the pictures, they were awesome! I wanted to get some pics of my car but it started to rain and I had to drive home early. I'm interested in the track day but Nov is too far away. Will decide later.
yeh, I know Carlos personally. he's a great guy and a great track photographer. You should hit him up, he keeps all his pics on his website, tell him you're good friends with Hugo, and he might give you a discount (=
Old 08-24-2008, 06:56 PM

It's ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/official-saturday-night-monterey-bay-meet-salinas-8-00pm-wingstop-190088/

Quick Reply: GAUGING INTEREST: Laguna Seca Track Day (November '08)