i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Fremont PD has an undercover V6 Mustang (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/fremont-pd-has-undercover-v6-mustang-157334/)

SubyN00by 02-23-2007 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=redheadfred]Of course you can, this is America dammit! Take that ish to court and win!

But no, there was something to do with a law enforcement officer baiting you into breaking the law that wasn't allowed...I of course have not had my coffee yet today, so I could be making stuff up.[/QUOTE]
see, i would see the argument if the guy was dressed up in street clothes in a street car and tried to get you to race, and then once you hit the gas a cop pops out from a driveway and pulls you over. But you should have enough sense to know when someone revs on you, that doesn't give you the RIGHT to race them...

redheadfred 02-23-2007 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=SubyN00by]see, i would see the argument if the guy was dressed up in street clothes in a street car and tried to get you to race, and then once you hit the gas a cop pops out from a driveway and pulls you over. But you should have enough sense to know when someone revs on you, that doesn't give you the RIGHT to race them...[/QUOTE]

Right, I'm not saying it gives you the right to race, really that should be kept off the streets no matter what. BUT, this being America:

"In jurisprudence, entrapment is a legal defense by which a defendant may argue that he or she should not be held criminally liable for actions which broke the law, because they were induced (or entrapped) by the police to commit said acts." -the lovely wikipedia.org

So...yeah, we agree. Don't race.

SubyN00by 02-23-2007 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=redheadfred]"In jurisprudence, entrapment is a legal defense by which a defendant may argue that he or she should not be held criminally liable for actions which broke the law, because they were induced (or entrapped) by the police to commit said acts." -the lovely wikipedia.org[/QUOTE]
is that a direct quote of the law?

because if it is.........I coulda fought a couple of tickets...

redheadfred 02-23-2007 11:46 AM

Hmmm, well, here's the quickest link I could find with a legal definition:

[url]http://www.lectlaw.com/def/e024.htm[/url]

So I guess it's up to the judge to determine if you were "ready and willing" to break the law anyways. Which probably wouldn't be too hard unfortunately thanks to stupid people racing all the time...

VRT Gump 02-23-2007 11:49 AM

quick way to avoid the ticket, dont waste your time street racing

ldivinag 02-23-2007 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=06WRX4ME]quick way to avoid the ticket, dont waste your time street racing[/QUOTE]

the winner!!!!!! lol...

kYLEMtnCRUZr 02-23-2007 12:30 PM

id never pull over for any car with those small red/blue lights, i want a huge light bar to show up, even crown vic headlights, id make the cop speed in front of me to prove it. But ive never been pulled over at night.

and how do you prove in court that the cops running lights werent on if they radar you? unless the cop is under oath and wont lie, but still? seems like they wouldnt fess up.

Sharky 02-23-2007 12:35 PM

you get him to admit to it, because most cops dont know about that law.

BUT this will only work in Cali.
A buddy of mine still got a ticket even with all favor. Its also very much dependant on the judge... nice judge = better chance...etc..

SnoHumper 02-23-2007 04:12 PM

pfft... ive seen vw bug cops... corvette cops... toyota tundra CHP... camaro CHP.. and a new mustang CHP.. i dont know how to tell between v6 and v8 from the outside tho

wimprezax06 02-23-2007 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=SnoHumper]pfft... ive seen vw bug cops... corvette cops... toyota tundra CHP... camaro CHP.. and a new mustang CHP.. i dont know how to tell between v6 and v8 from the outside tho[/QUOTE]
V8 has fog lights, and has 2 exhausts and the rims are different, that is all i know

kYLEMtnCRUZr 02-23-2007 06:15 PM

well its not like you would try to out run either of the two

SnoHumper 02-23-2007 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=kYLEMtnCRUZr]well its not like you would try to out run either of the two[/QUOTE]

never!

kYLEMtnCRUZr 02-23-2007 09:44 PM

[QUOTE=SnoHumper]never![/QUOTE]

except on a road you know by heart (ie not straight-a-ways)

vrmm vrrrmm................eeerrrRRRR!!!!

Impreza01 02-24-2007 03:05 AM

[QUOTE=wimprezax06]V8 has fog lights, and has 2 exhausts and the rims are different, that is all i know[/QUOTE]

and a spoiler

Jumpman23 02-24-2007 12:31 PM

ahhh fremont...how i miss avoiding all those coppers!.....NOT! hahahahah