i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Fremont PD has an undercover V6 Mustang (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/fremont-pd-has-undercover-v6-mustang-157334/)

dynamicprojeKtz 02-21-2007 08:17 PM

hayward has undercover acura tl's

Jewbaru 02-21-2007 08:23 PM

San Ramon has a few V-6 chargers.

I got tipped off a few weeks before they were being used lol, My friends dad is the vice mayor :)

kYLEMtnCRUZr 02-21-2007 09:10 PM

hmm, police smart enough for buying DIFFERENT CARS
but theyre STILL AMERICAN MAKES DUHHHH
man CA is slow, when will they catch on to lambo "polizia" and the japanese STi cop cars? actually that will be a bad thing

redheadfred 02-21-2007 09:33 PM

[QUOTE=kYLEMtnCRUZr]hmm, police smart enough for buying DIFFERENT CARS
but theyre STILL AMERICAN MAKES DUHHHH
man CA is slow, when will they catch on to lambo "polizia" and the japanese STi cop cars? actually that will be a bad thing[/QUOTE]

Yah, don't give them any ideas...not that it would ever happen, but still...

XkrazyAsianX 02-21-2007 09:40 PM

i remember one of the mags featuring the 1,000 hp supra police car. Thing's scary. Anyone that it caught would never try to run from it.

ldivinag 02-21-2007 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=KOSTI]Yup.. good ol fremont.

I used to live there for a good long 4 years. I remember seeing cops doing all sorts of undercover "tricks" to get people into racing and what not. Rumor had it they had people with moded cars running around all the time.
[/quote]

they are not doing anything wrong. just like other "stings" they must operate within the law.

now ENTRAPMENT is a diff story.

from dictionary.com:
[quote]en·trap·ment /ɛnˈtræpmənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[en-trap-muhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. [b]the luring by a law-enforcement agent of a person into committing a crime.[/b]
2. an act or process of entrapping.
3. a state of being entrapped.[/quote]

now if you were just waiting at a stop light and you see them REVVING the engine and pointing to you, then pointing down the street or some other motion where the present to you that they wanna race, that is entrapment.

now if you the same to them, and they bust ya... you dont have the law working for you.

now there is a good chance they are getting some sort of federal funds to do all of this anti street-racing stuff. and most times, it is a USE IT OR LOSE IT deal and usually they cant use the money for anything else.

[quote]
Do you remember that one cat with the motorcycle? Rosesetti, I think?

[/QUOTE]

man this guy gets around. his name was mentioned in another non-car related forum i visit...

wroxsti 02-21-2007 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=Impreza01]Like the title says; I saw the car pull over someone and then backup and the officers in the Mustang make the arrest. The car is a V6 Mustang (judging from the body kit of one right side exhaust and no rear spoiler and the wheels) with this color [url]http://www.jwford.com/images/bigphotos/PhotoArchive_45061.jpg[/url]. So don't go racing or speeding around V6 Mustangs in Fremont.[/QUOTE]
thats not the actual car is it? thats a GT in the pic .....V8 is it not...

juicy 02-21-2007 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]Damn i didn't you got sent to the ref. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Can't tell you everything Edo, then there'd be no mystery for you to unravel.

newyorkreload 02-21-2007 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=ldivinag] now ENTRAPMENT is a diff story.

from dictionary.com:

now if you were just waiting at a stop light and you see them REVVING the engine and pointing to you, then pointing down the street or some other motion where the present to you that they wanna race, that is entrapment.

[/QUOTE]

Legal advice from dictionary.com?
Let me look it up in my Criminal Justice text book...

Entrapment is a bit more then just sitting at light and reving the engine. They have to provoke you to break the law in a manner that a "reasonable" person would be inspired to follow along. Reving a engine at a light, not so much. My grandma wouldn't give chase in that situation. Waving $10,000 and saying it's yours if you beat them to the next light would be entrapment.

The Glossary has it as: an improper or illegal inducement to crime by agents of law enforcement. I essence the officers have to create a crime where one would not have been.

Note: "Merely providing an opportunity for a [b]willing[/b] offender to commit a crime, is [b]not[/b] entrapment.

Thats why it's so easy to bust Johns looking for a street side booy call. All they have to say is "What do you want, and for how much are you willing to pay".

dr3d1zzl3 02-21-2007 10:27 PM

on the least coast they drive all sorts of unmarked cars...

minivans
trucks
suvs
mustangs
chargers
*any american car*

DLUX WRX 02-21-2007 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=evsoul]amazing that they will put so much effort into this ****... there is much worse **** they could be concentrating on.. i mean ya pull over an illegally modded car.. fine. but to setup a full on plan to bust cars... c'mon invest the money into schools or something constructive.[/QUOTE]

blame the state. sacramento gave out grants to different police departments for the sole purpose of cracking down on illegally modded cars. the program that SDPD put together over the last few years has worked so the state took notes and handed out some money. i dont think it all comes from tax payers but it is what it is.

my friend on the force tells me that they're cracking down on alot of the hondas. they love handing out thoes $2500 tickets. hes pulled over a bunch of jdm conversions along with some american cars. last week he got a guy in a 5.0 with a twin turbo set up. the guy was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiised.

kYLEMtnCRUZr 02-21-2007 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=DLUX WRX]blame the state. sacramento gave out grants to different police departments for the sole purpose of cracking down on illegally modded cars. [/QUOTE]

wait werent we wondering why there isnt any money for a $100,000 parking lot (if they even cost that much) for local organized autoXs to cut street racing down?

or a nurburgring will do...

DLUX WRX 02-21-2007 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=kYLEMtnCRUZr]wait werent we wondering why there isnt any money for a $100,000 parking lot (if they even cost that much) for local organized autoXs to cut street racing down?

or a nurburgring will do...[/QUOTE]

i think that has alot more to do with the politics and social issues in this sweet country of ours.. but thats a whole other topic

ldivinag 02-22-2007 12:07 AM

[QUOTE=kYLEMtnCRUZr]wait werent we wondering why there isnt any money for a $100,000 parking lot (if they even cost that much) for local organized autoXs to cut street racing down?

or a nurburgring will do...[/QUOTE]

because there arent a bunch of people asking sacra-tomato for this exact thing.

wonder how they are getting cities to build skate parks? people organize and make things happen.

look at that track over by manteca that is about to open, after years of legal hassles. they had the time, money and ambition to open such a place.

how many of you are just waiting for some other guy to do all the leg work?

how many of you have tried to organize a group to get something started?

i bet the former more than the latter...

kYLEMtnCRUZr 02-22-2007 12:22 AM

yeah your right about the skatepark analogy. But youd think "the legwork" is already being done by people dieing and driving recklessly. Like skaters chipping up marble steps in front of a city hall. Public gets sick of it and makes a skatepark.

some skateparks get put up automatically with little community help im sure (big cities) Just like dog parks, everyone has a dog, so the city knows that if they put one up it will be used.

But someone with the seniority has to step up and lead the way for the smaller voiced people (like me and you)

Arnolds head is too thick or something, he has Hummas and sports cars and is from a fricken Alp of some sort. Youd think he would come up with the idea on his own. He sure isnt helping OHV for 4x4s and dirtbikes thats for sure.