Fremont PD has an undercover V6 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:05 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

you asked why there were any money for stuff like autocrosses and stuff.

trust me. there is money out there.

with a big goverment agency like the state of kalifornia, it takes a lot of legwork to get something like a OHV park equivalent for our cars.

heck i've been to a state SVRA and local municipalities' OHV. specifically, in hollister the SVRA there is opening a new area just this month. guess how long ago, i first heard about this?

about 5-6 years ago. and this is just a small section to be added to the off road park.

it doesnt have to be someone with seniority.

i read in an off-road related magazine. a high school student in oregon, working for his class project or maybe his eagle scout, started a small off road park in the city where he lives.

he took the time to talk to the city. gather supplies and volunteers. and in the end, he got was he wanted.

around here. let's start with an open space to create a place to auto-x. for example.

finding a place like that is costly. not like there's a lot of open space left for paving over it and turning it into essentially a gigantic parking lot.

then you have deal with the legal issues. you know the first time someone wrecks their car, it's lawsuit time.

someone gets hurt or killed... someone might go to jail.

given the negativity of illegal street racing, even when the SIDESHOWS was hitting all the local tv news, someone brought up the ide of using the parking lot around oakland coliseum.

nothing ever came out of that.

i think it's going to require a really strong grassroots effort to get anything like a mini thunderhill around here...
Old 02-22-2007, 01:06 AM

Car Info: 2002MY Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by wroxsti
thats not the actual car is it? thats a GT in the pic .....V8 is it not...
Re-read what I wrote...
Old 02-22-2007, 01:42 AM

Car Info: 93 Camry LE
Aw man, Rossetti, everyone hates him lol.

Yeah he's got a SUV now.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 AM

Car Info: 1994 impreza L
I spotted a police charger in san carlos, I managed to talk to the officer driving it

They have the 400hp hemi motor with cylinder shutoff, this effectively mean vastly more power and better fuel economy for cruising than the crown vic.

The rumor part: I asked the cop if he thought they were going to phase out the crown vic in favor of the charger, he thought yes. It does make sense.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
rosetti is still out in fremont... 2 ppl in the building i work in got tix from him this week. He has been running speed traps on grimmer (between fremnt blvd and auto mall pkwy) and on cushing parkway... WATCH OUT
Old 02-22-2007, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by ldivinag
you asked why there were any money for stuff like autocrosses and stuff.

trust me. there is money out there.

with a big goverment agency like the state of kalifornia, it takes a lot of legwork to get something like a OHV park equivalent for our cars.

heck i've been to a state SVRA and local municipalities' OHV. specifically, in hollister the SVRA there is opening a new area just this month. guess how long ago, i first heard about this?

about 5-6 years ago. and this is just a small section to be added to the off road park.

it doesnt have to be someone with seniority.

i read in an off-road related magazine. a high school student in oregon, working for his class project or maybe his eagle scout, started a small off road park in the city where he lives.

he took the time to talk to the city. gather supplies and volunteers. and in the end, he got was he wanted.

around here. let's start with an open space to create a place to auto-x. for example.

finding a place like that is costly. not like there's a lot of open space left for paving over it and turning it into essentially a gigantic parking lot.

then you have deal with the legal issues. you know the first time someone wrecks their car, it's lawsuit time.

someone gets hurt or killed... someone might go to jail.

given the negativity of illegal street racing, even when the SIDESHOWS was hitting all the local tv news, someone brought up the ide of using the parking lot around oakland coliseum.

nothing ever came out of that.

i think it's going to require a really strong grassroots effort to get anything like a mini thunderhill around here...

Yeah i rembember hearing about the new Hollister section, they said it would open probly 4 years ago as far as i can remember, it still isnt open

San Jose's Metcalf Moto park asked the stated for more funding just for a parking lot and they didnt even get that, that place overflows on weekends.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:37 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
as far as AutoX why doesnt the state offer to pay the rent for the Monster park parking lots or Oakland and offer a free autoX day once a month. What is it like $1K a day? in other words im not asking for a new piece of land that doesnt exist or isnt feasible to be paved over, just an existing one that the state should pay the way for

Each undercover car costs $20K-$30K? thats a couple years of free autoX for poor kids that are instead getting killed by trees speeding in Castroville... (and thats just ONE undercover vehicle out of probly thousands in the state)
Old 02-23-2007, 08:38 AM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
poor kids that are instead getting killed by trees speeding in Castroville...
LOL awesome...
Old 02-23-2007, 09:08 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
You guys do realize its illegal for a police officer to pull you over in an unmarked car...

In order to arrest you for a "Sting" operation in a car, 2 police cars must be involved, 1 the car they use to race and
2. a marked police car.

Whats to prevent some citizen from having an american built car, buying a police suit and ****ing with people that way? ****, i even got a ticket thrown out because a police officer who gave me a ticket was sitting at the side of the road with his running lights off *Officers must have lights on while radaring or waiting on the side of the road, if they are off they act as "off-duty".*

Plus judges in this area realize police are trying new tactics which provoke drivers, its a system of balance to weed out stupid people behind the wheel in my opinion.

But yeh, if that V6 mustang had no police markings, and pulled someone over, id laugh.... What ive been told by a buddy of mine who runs as one of the DA's for Santa Clara county, is if an unmarked car try to pull you over, drive to the nearest police station. This way, if it is really a cop, im sure they would have no problem following you (make sure to let the other driver know you dont think they are a cop because their car isnt marked, and to have them follow you to the police station).

Dont know, this is advice i was given by a District Attorney..... could be outdated since i dont know any of the law changes that were effective as of 2007. Anyone got any comments?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
I know that here in salinas, they had a couple of integras sitting in the police parking lot for a couple days. I think they may have been using them as instructional material to show the cops what to look for. Might have been some snitches, or even cars they use as undercover or something.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 Black WRX Wagon
Isn't there some issue with entrapment as well? Like if the undercover cop revs at you and you race, you're not liable? I seem to remember reading something about that...
Old 02-23-2007, 10:07 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
pshh just V6 lol haha
Old 02-23-2007, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by wimprezax06
pshh just V6 lol haha
maybe it's a sleeper with an srt4 engine in it...
Old 02-23-2007, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by redheadfred
Isn't there some issue with entrapment as well? Like if the undercover cop revs at you and you race, you're not liable? I seem to remember reading something about that...
I don't think so, if someone calls you a ***got and you punch them in the mouth, you can't really say you had reason to punch him...
Old 02-23-2007, 11:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 Black WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
I don't think so, if someone calls you a ***got and you punch them in the mouth, you can't really say you had reason to punch him...
Of course you can, this is America dammit! Take that ish to court and win!

But no, there was something to do with a law enforcement officer baiting you into breaking the law that wasn't allowed...I of course have not had my coffee yet today, so I could be making stuff up.

Quick Reply: Fremont PD has an undercover V6 Mustang