Fog Light Covers Story....Stolen but got them back

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 02:06 AM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Fog Light Covers Story....Stolen but got them back

This is a repost of SRIC thread...of what happened to me few days ago.
I thought I'd share it with Bay Area folks since it could happen to any of you.

So about 2 weeks ago I was working on my new engine in my garage on Sun nite, around 10pm...heard some 240sx or Honda with some sh.ty exhaust taking off...few minutes later I opened my garage door and found out that my fog light covers are gone.......WTF?

Name:  SAM_3048.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  23.9 KB

Name:  SAM_3049.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  21.7 KB

Seriously???? WTF are they gonna do with them? Repaint and install in their04-05 STI? They better do cuz my Hammer white is not gonna match their Aspen White ...For Their Information.

1 Day later I made a post on craigslist saying that I'm converting my wrecked WRX front end to STI and need fog covers. Specifically I mentioned that I need silver ones and I live in Elk Grove (which is about 20 miles from my place).
4 days ago someone texted me offering 3 sets of covers, blue and silver with STI decals on them and white - without. I was like OK, can I check them out? He said, yea man, you can stop by now, just one question - where are you coming from? I said - Elk Grove, he said- ok. So I got directions and hit the road. On the way he texted me that he has some emergency and had to go but his mom is gonna show me the covers. That was suspicious. When I arrived he wasn't there. Of course the white covers were mine, how many 04/05 Subies around are painted Hammer White? I explained everything to his mom, she gave me my property back then called him and told to be back home immediately, otherwise he can consider himself homeless. He got home quickly, very embarassed, apologized to me. Parents said that they are gonna take care of him.
I could knock his front teeth out just like some of you suggested but believe me, it wasn't worth it. Karma is a b!tch and someday will get him anyways.
I got my parts back
I'm glad it wasn't a fellow Subaru owner, just some 18 years old emo kid driving a Prelude.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Excellent way of catching the thief!

Glad to know EVERYTHING worked out.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:47 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Wow...really some young kid from 20miles away stole your fog covers? Rediculous that he also had two other sets...I bet these aren't his first three stolen
Old 02-05-2012, 02:47 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
wow amazing!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:32 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Glad it all worked out without problems.. Stupid kids!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:00 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX SWP
Was the prelude kind of silver/green on Drag rims and painted red taillights?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:15 AM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
That's crazy and what a stupid little **** head for stealing from you. You should of called the cops to really set his *** straight haha
Old 02-05-2012, 10:15 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Those are the very reasons why I have my CCTV system at the house. I can watch everything. It records 24hr 7days a week, And it texts me anytime movement is detected by the cameras, I can then watch by my cell phone, grab my flashlight or grab my gun. I even have on tape some people coming over the back barbwire fence to check out my cars in the back yard.

CCTV systems are cheap. Hell you can get a great system for the cost of a car alarm now days. If you have lots of outside property set something up. Even the cheap systems will give you clear, color, video even at night. Then add the motion triggered flood lights.

It sucks you have to fight to keep what you worked so hard to get. As for that kid. I'd still be waiting to catch his *** out some place. Hell I would make dam sure he remembers me. His parents didn't raise him well enough. So I don't think they are going to have as much effect as me breaking his hands or fingers would. I probably would have slapped his mother as well.

To show you how well the systems work. This was taken from my cell phone last year when I was in Phx, of my house in Walnut Creek. In the middle of the night.
My girl at the time was trying to move some heavy stuff without me being there she pulled up into the back yard with the car. Didnt know I was watching the whole time. Till I called her and let her tell me she was sleeping. I then told her to look up and smile. But you get an idea. This was from my droid 2 phone. From the hard drive with a lcd screen its 1000x better of a picture.
Name:  1300260827714.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  24.7 KB

Last edited by old.guy; 02-05-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:21 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Wow that is awesome that you managed to catch him. Reminds me of a bunch of crazy stories I heard about people stealing Integra Type-Rs. I'm just glad there isn't a very big market for stolen Subaru parts (yet at least).
Old 02-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
wow how much did he post em up for lol

This kid must be a professional idiot.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Yeah Jarek, glad you got your stuff back, but unfortunately i think his mom didn't do anything to him, goes to show you how he was raised & his mentality right now. Who the **** goes around stealing Subie fog covers from random cars, sh*t don't make no damn sense! Oh he didn't think you'd go looking for them, what an idiot! I wonder who's the owners of those other covers, it had to be local too, very surprised no one else on here complained about it yet. He probably won't quit unless something really bad happens to him, that's why he needed to get his *** kicked. So everyone better be on the lookout for this Prelude from now on, ****ing thieves need their hands chopped off lol! Marines def don't take stealing lightly, believe me! Take care bro, hope nothing like this ever happens again, to you or anybody else here!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Hey, at least his mom apologized to you, returned your covers, and made a gesture of having her useless son come back. Looking at what a little **** the kid was, I would've guessed that his mom would have just told you to **** off or something.

P.S. To the poster above me: Marines aren't the only ones that don't take stealing lightly. Just about no one takes stealing lightly.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Identifier of i-Club members

Car Info: 2009 wrx
why would you not call the police and have him arrested?
Old 02-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Flipping awesome story! Deserves thread of the month.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:22 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
LOL dumbass kid this really deserves a front page story

Edit: Can i ask why you specifically asked for silver covers?

Last edited by foosh; 02-05-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Fog Light Covers Story....Stolen but got them back