first ticket for me

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:16 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
first ticket for me

so ok i was in san jose and i got pulle dover in a public neighboor hood. i got pulled over for speeding, drving another passenger with my provisional lisence, modified exhaust & injen cold air intake. my first main concern is the speeding. the cop wrote on the ticket that the speed limit was 25mph but the closest speed limight sign said 30. he also wrote down that i was going 50 because of the tone of my exhaust which was an invidia n1 exhaust. he had no evidence whatsoever. no rader gun,ladar or that sort of equipment. he just wrote what he "thought" i was going. the problem im having is i just received the ticket and i had already signed the ticket. but when he left i noticed that instead of writing 40 in a 30 he wrote 50 in a 25. so what should i do?

any info can help
Old 05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
I think when you sign a ticket, I think you are signing that your received it and you'll take care of it. Yeah...

And if I recall correctly, modified exhaust is not illegal unless you remove the CAT's or is louder than 95 db.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Tell Bubba I said hi

Just kidding, sounds like you need to go to court over this and make sure you're right about the speed limits.

If your ticket says the limit is 25 when it's actually 30 you have enough doubt to get the ticket dismissed.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
make sure you go and take a picture of that road, and the sign that says 30... bring those things to court with you and good luck. They may dissmiss the speeding, but im not sure if you will get out of the provisional/passanger thing for that too.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
IIRC, signing a ticket just means that you'll show up to court or pay the fine.
It does NOT mean you're admitting guilt.

And yes, if he wrote down 25 instead of 30... that doesn't look good for the cop. Go back and take pictures of the area (speed signs) where you were pulled over.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:44 PM

maybe you shouldn't speed.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:21 PM

Car Info: Fast
ticketassassin.com

Sounds like you have a good case against the speeding at least.

No radar, wrong speed, etc.

As for violationing the provisional license, I think you are screwed there. No idea what the penality is.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can just get reduced to a fix-it for the intake (I am assuming it is not CARB legal).

But ya, shame on you for speeding...especially with a provisional license!! Dumbass.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by aboothman
ticketassassin.com

Sounds like you have a good case against the speeding at least.

No radar, wrong speed, etc.

As for violationing the provisional license, I think you are screwed there. No idea what the penality is.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can just get reduced to a fix-it for the intake (I am assuming it is not CARB legal).

But ya, shame on you for speeding...especially with a provisional license!! Dumbass.
haha such harsh words but yah you shouldn' tbe speeding especially just getting your license. Damn I wish I was cruising in a subie when I was your age.

Good luck you have a good chance of getting that stuff dismissed except for the passenger. What part of San Jose did you get pulled over?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:04 AM

hahah i've had my lisence since last year of july... only reason for speeding was to get to cluck q chicken... but i do admit i was speedin over the speed limit but not 50. as far as everything else goes... i hope i can get the ticket dismiss. i also forgot to add that he did not even test the exhaust for db or anything and didnt bother to ask if i had a full turbo back cat back or an axle back.. all i have is an axle back.

Last edited by xhengmanx; 05-21-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:26 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
hahah i've had my lisence since last year of july... only reason for speeding was to get to cluck q chicken... but i do admit i was speedin over the speed limit but not 50. as far as everything else goes... i hope i can get the ticket dismiss. i also forgot to add that he did not even test the exhaust for db or anything and didnt bother to ask if i had a full turbo back cat back or an axle back.. all i have is an axle back.
Are you required to go to the state ref? The ref would be the only one who can test for your exhaust and you'll have to pass SMOG. The cop wouldn't have a decible meter available. If you have to go, that Injen intake has to come out. Get a Borla next time. Good luck.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX
I got a ticket and the cop wrote down the wrong info and the judge just said "everybody makes mistakes" and said it did not excuse the infraction. The aftermarket exhaust is not illegal, just the noise it makes (so you can get a ticket for being too loud, put a reducer in and get it DB tested and bring it to court showing it is, in fact, not too loud). I think you're just stuck with the passenger thing though. I am dealing with the state ref right now too for a ticket I got.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:22 PM

yea i go to a school that has a state ref.. im just worried about the ticket cuz its a 529 dollar ticket... he had no gun whatsoever... what i think is he wrote down 50 because that was the speed he was going to CATCH UP to me. but then again its my words against the cops... im not to worried about the exhaust and CAI.. lets just hope everythign passes
Old 05-21-2007, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
youre definitely going to have to go to court.

1) speeding: if you talk right, you can get out of this one because he had no proof, although given your age and the other violations, I doubt the judge will be too lenient. Take a picture of that 30 MPH sign and where you got pulled over

2) passenger while on prov. license. that was a dumb move and you cant get out of it

3) if the exhaust is legal if you still have cats and is quiet enough

4) take of the CAI because its stupid and bad for the car
Old 05-21-2007, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
do NOT go to court... fight it by mail. it's called "trial by written declaration". you'll have to request it, probably when you receive the notice in the mail. if you fight it that way and loose, you get an automatic re-trial if you wish to have one.

the modified exhaust and intake you can get taken care of by putting the car back to stock and having it signed off by the ref. the speeding you could probably get out of since there was no factual proof of your speed, just the officer's subjective opinion based on sound and not pace. the ding for driving a friend around on your provisional license you'll probably get stuck with.

oh, and stop speeding and it won't happen again. even 40 in a 30 is a pretty expensive ticket.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
^^^ err, yeah. By "go to court" I meant you'll have to fight it.

I seem to keep using this line

"stop breaking the law *******!"
-Liar Liar

Quick Reply: first ticket for me