Evolution Driving School @ Marina !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Thumbs up Evolution Driving School @ Marina !!

I understand there's still space and Strano is coming out as an instructor.

I've done Auto-X schools before... when I was driving pretty hardcore. You'll be shocked how much there is to learn
Sam Strano is one of the foremost car guys in the country!

Evolution Performance Driving School coming to Northern California ...

Evolution Driving Schools at Marina with special guest instructor Sam Strano
Feb 2-3 is the weekend at Marina Airport, Marina, CA (near the Monterey Peninsula about 120 miles south of San Francisco). Saturday will be a Challenge school and the Test 'n Tune day is on Sunday. Here is a link to the course descriptions:

Schedule

SCCA Solo Multi-National Champion, Shelly Monfort is hosting and coordinating with east coast EVOLUTION High Performance Driving School instructor and seven time SCCA National Champion, Sam Strano (also winner of this year's SCCA Solo Driver of Eminence award). This will be Sammy's first time ever racing or teaching in California, and it's a rare opportunity to get his fantastic instruction in both driving and car tweaking (if/where needed).

Sam has been teaching with the Evolution Driving School for 15 years. He is making the long trek out here (by car) from Pennsylvania to offer his coaching and help specifically for intermediate to advanced drivers (we all know that even the best drivers can benefit from critique and suggestions.) Saturday focuses more on driving in competition - under pressure - and Sunday focuses more on a combination of driving and car adjusting/general tweaking. I can personally attest to Sam's driving instruction expertise - he's amazing with helping drivers at any skill level go faster.
It looks like we will have the Marina site available, and the cost per lap for the Test N Tune - over 30 laps, if you want - is cheaper per run than many regular Autocross events! There is a good chance that Sam will be one of the course designers for the SCCA Solo Nationals this year (no confirmation quite yet) and you will have a good opportunity to get some of his thoughts and advice on courses, visual tricks, etc.
The Challenge school requires a prior EVO class, or instructor approval on a case-by-case basis. The Test and Tune is open to all.

If you have never taken an EVOLUTION school and would like a fantastic immersion weekend for Autocross in-depth knowledge and experience, there are EVO Phase One and Phase Two classes two weeks later at Marina on Feb 16-17, which I would highly recommend for beginning to intermediate drivers. This will be an intense weekend of top notch instruction and personal driving goal-setting for your racing season. These classes are also posted on the Evolution web site. If you haven't taken EVO Phase One and Two but have Autocross competition experience, contact Evolution and request exemption from this requirement.

Feb 2-3 is coming up fast! Don't wait till the last minute to sign up.
You can take any one single or combination of class days. This will be a great tune up for the upcoming GoodGuys and Pro-Touring style events, and local autocrosses! The Monterey Peninsula is an excellent vacation locale and there’s a lot of non-car things to do for family so bring 'em. There are excellent local motels for anyone who is coming from a distance for a weekend of classes as well. This will likely be the only time multi-National Champion Sam Strano will be out west for any type of one-on-one instruction.

Hope to see you there.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:08 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Very tempting. If I quit drinking and smoking I might be able to afford it. $250 is a lit of money. Cheap for a driving school though.