EQ Tuning News and Updates!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:29 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by chris80i
What are the AF on this tune? I PM for few questions reguarding a 2011 tune. I read a lot of reviews and I live near GST so its hard to thinking where should I go. What type of dyno do you use? Also are these numbers geared more for power or on the conservative side? These numbers look great but reliable tune to prevent motor detonation so not to worry about ringland issue is what I am looking for. Sorry I am new to this all...

Thanks...
I apologize for not getting back to your PM yesterday... we've been really busy here, so I'm just clearing out my PM's.

I had this particular car running at 10.7:1 at full throttle. I never tune purely for numbers. This customer just wanted a good smooth, reliable tune... the power is just a bonus .

We have a Dynocom AWD Dyno. Its a loading type dyno like the Mustang, but uses large rollers like a Dynojet. I have it calibrated to read on the low side like a Mustang dyno as you can see by the baseline numbers.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 04-23-2011, 04:25 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Here is a 2006 STI I tuned yesterday that made some serious power on 91 Octane!

Mods:
Perrin Catless DP
Invidia N1 Catback
Perrin EL Headers
Perrin Inlet
APS 65mm CAI
Hallman MBC
Walbro Fuel Pump
EQ Custom Tune

Chart:

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 04-23-2011, 04:30 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

And here is a 2007 STI I tuned last week on E85. This car was doing really well but about half way through the tune the AVCS stopped working so we had to leave it at 20psi for now. The customer built the car himself, so he's taking it apart to find the problem then he will bring it back to finish the tune. Even partially tuned at only 20psi, this car made an astounding 420whp! I can't wait to see what it will do at 25-26psi .

BTW, this is the first time I've tuned the ID2200 injectors using the factory ECU. I had to use a few new tricks, but I got the car idling and driving very nicely all around with these monster injectors.

Mods:
Built Shortblock (Wiseco pistons, ACL bearings)
Built Heads (BC 272 cams, BC Springs)
Blouch DOM 3 XTR
Catless TBE
EL Headers
Injector Dynamics 2200cc Injectors
Aeromotive In-Tank Fuel Pump
EQ Tuning 3" CAI
AMR Inlet
Hallman MBC
EQ Custom Tune Using Cobb AP V2

Chart:

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 04-23-2011, 06:34 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Looks great Ed, have any issues with cold starts with E85 on that 2007 STi? How's the start up? The car have a steady idle? Askin because these are issues I had with my 07!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:07 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
That 07 STI setup looks awesome! Hoping mine will do similar numbers when its done!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Hey Ed how much is it to use the dyno? I want to get a baseline. Thx
Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Baseline pulls are $85 without wideband or $95 with.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 AM

Car Info: Fast
How did the Aeromotive in tank pump hold up to the fuel demands of the Dom3 XTR on E85? Do you think it will hold up to 25-28 psi?

Looking at the charts for the Walbro, I am certain a single 255 will not maintain pressure at those flow rates.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:17 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

So far it seems to be doing ok but the 2200cc injectors could be masking a fuel pressure drop. We're at about 67% IDC right now, so we'll see if it puts up with more flow. A single walbro would have definately run out before this power level.

-- Ed
Old 04-24-2011, 11:27 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Nice work Ed.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Why not use a Bosch 044 intank fuel pump?
Old 04-24-2011, 04:22 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen
Looks great Ed, have any issues with cold starts with E85 on that 2007 STi? How's the start up? The car have a steady idle? Askin because these are issues I had with my 07!
Actually I think this is the best cold start I've gotten on E85 to date. It fires right up and holds a pretty steady idle. Some cars still have a weird fluctuation on cold start that I haven't been able to cure but I've gotten most E85 cars firing up very nicely now. Cobb recently added some much needed maps to the software that really help with cold start issues.

-- Ed
Old 04-24-2011, 04:23 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen
Why not use a Bosch 044 intank fuel pump?
The Aeromotive is a really nice pump and is rated at 340lph. I don't think the Bosch 044 outflows that does it?

-- Ed
Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

EQ Tuning is proud to announce that we are now officially a BBB Accredited Business.
Here is what this means to our customers:

The BBB Code of Business Practices represents sound advertising, selling and customer service practices that enhance customer trust and confidence in business. The Code is built on the BBB Standards for Trust, eight principles that summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business.

To be accredited by BBB a business or organization affirms that it meets and will abide by the following standards:

1. Build Trust
Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
An accredited business or organization agrees to:

A. Have been operational (actively selling products or services) in any BBB service area for at least the most recent 12 months, unless the principal(s) previously operated a similar business with an eligible record (one that qualifies for BBB accreditation).

B. Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable jurisdictions; provide all license and bonding information upon application for BBB accreditation; and provide periodic updates upon request of BBB.

C. Be free from government action that demonstrates a significant failure to support BBB ethical principles in marketplace transactions (this requires a determination by BBB as to the nature of any
violation, whether it was caused or condoned by management, and actions taken to resolve underlying issues that led to the government action).

D. Be free of an unsatisfactory rating and maintain at least a B rating at the accrediting BBB and the BBB where it is headquartered, if different.

E. In its relationship with BBB:
meet all applicable standards within this Code of Business Practices
cooperate with BBB’s activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business’ industry
honor any settlements, agreements or decisions reached as an outcome of a BBB dispute resolution process
complete the required application and pay all monetary obligations to BBB in a timely manner

2. Advertise Honestly
Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.

A. Follow federal, state/provincial and local advertising laws.

B. Abide by the BBB Code of Advertising. Supply, upon request, substantiation for advertising and selling claims. Correct advertising and selling practices, when recommended by BBB.

C. Adhere to applicable BBB industry codes of advertising.

D. Cooperate with BBB self-regulatory programs for the resolution of advertising disputes.

E. Use the BBB name and logos in accordance with BBB policy.

F. Avoid misleading customers by creating the false impression of sponsorship, endorsement, popularity, trustworthiness, product quality or business size through the misuse of logos, trustmarks, pictures, testimonials, or other means.

3. Tell the Truth
Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.

A. Make known all material facts in both written and verbal representations, remembering that misrepresentation may result not only from direct statements but by omitting or obscuring relevant facts.

B. Ensure that any written materials are readily available, clear, accurate and complete.

4. Be Transparent
Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.

A. Upon request, provide BBB with all information required to evaluate compliance with BBB standards. This may include, but is not limited to business name, address and contact information; names and background of principals; business and banking references; licensing and/or professional accreditation; and a complete description of the nature of the business.

B. Clearly disclose to customers:

direct and effective means to contact the business
terms of any written contract
any guarantees or warranties accompanying a product
any restrictions or limitations imposed (e.g. limited supply,maximum number available per customer)
the business’ return/refund policy
any recurring commitment into which the customer may be entering, including information on how future billing will occur
total cost of the transaction, including tax, shipping and handling, and other related charges

C. If selling products or providing services on Web sites or via other electronic means:

provide any required product labeling information
disclose the nature and terms of shipping, including any known delays or shortages of stock
provide an opportunity to review and confirm the transaction before the sale is completed
provide a receipt summarizing the transaction after the purchase

5. Honor Promises
Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.

A. Fulfill contracts signed and agreements reached.

B. Honor representations by correcting mistakes as quickly as possible.

6. Be Responsive
Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in
good faith.

A. Promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB by:
1. Resolving the complaint directly with the complainant and
notifying BBB, or
2. Providing BBB with a response that BBB determines:

is professional,
addresses all of the issues raised by the complainant,
includes appropriate evidence and documents supporting the business’ position, and
explains why any relief sought by the complainant cannot or should not be granted.
B. Make a good faith effort to resolve disputes, which includes mediation if requested by BBB. Other dispute resolution options, including arbitration, may be recommended by BBB when other efforts to resolve a dispute have failed. BBB may consider a business’ willingness to participate in recommended dispute resolution options in determining compliance with these standards.

C. Comply with any settlements, agreements or decisions reached as an outcome of a BBB dispute resolution process.

D. Cooperate with BBB in efforts to eliminate the underlying cause of patterns of customer complaints that are identified by BBB.

7. Safeguard Privacy
Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their
information.

A. Respect Privacy
Businesses conducting e-commerce agree to disclose on their Web site the following:

what information they collect,
with whom it is shared,
how it can be corrected,
how it is secured,
how policy changes will be communicated, and;
how to address concerns over misuse of personal data.

B. Secure Sensitive Data
Businesses that collect sensitive data online (credit card, bank account numbers, Social Security number, salary or other personal financial information, medical history or records, etc.) will ensure that it is transmitted via secure means.Businesses will make best efforts to comply with industry standards for the protection and proper disposal of all sensitive data, both online and offline.

C. Honor Customer Preferences
Businesses agree to respect customer preferences regarding contact by telephone, fax and e-mail, and agree to remedy the underlying cause of any failure to do so.

8. Embody Integrity
Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and
commitments with integrity.

Avoid involvement, by the business or its principals, in activities that reflect unfavorably on, or otherwise adversely affect the public image of BBB or its accredited businesses.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:08 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Just tuned a beautiful 2011 STI with Catted TBE, AEM CAI, and Walbro. It made about 280whp/310ft-lbs at 18.5psi. Its nice to see the 2011's making some good power!

-- Ed

Quick Reply: EQ Tuning News and Updates!