Educated CHP officer

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:43 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
It's very easy to write off global warming...but it's not a smart thing to do. And zmn, you should do some research about it. It's not that we are causing a change (that happens on its own). It's the speed at which it is changing that we cause; in other words global warming is a KINETIC issue rather than a THERMODYNAMIC one.

The other thing is that catalytic converters do NOT combat global warming. They reduce toxic pollutants and gasses that are bad to breath and that can kill plants and animals. Since they produce CO2, they can actually be said to increase global warming...as was stated I think.

Abstract of a decent article about the kinetics of human-caused CO2 emissions:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Citation
Here's the link to the full article...I'm not sure if anyone will have permission to view it though...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal.../408184a0.html

Smog and inhaled irritants are greatly reduced by cats...that's the big reason they are on there, so that everywhere isn't like downtown LA in the late 80's.

Last edited by MVWRX; 06-07-2006 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:03 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Originally Posted by mudman
Hybrids are a rip-off, I know people with the Prius and people with the civic Hybrid and they both get no-where near the claimed mpg....

If you commute over the bridges it saves time, but their fuel economy is a scam.
...if you drive over the speed limit.

I do 65 mph in my Prius and get above-EPA mileage. One of my last tanks was 57.3 mpg over 619 highway miles.