Does anyone know how to hack Verizon phones to play free music?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:27 AM

Car Info: Subaru?
Does anyone know how to hack Verizon phones to play free music?

Does anyone know if how or if it is even possible to hack into Verizon cell phones and transfer music from your computer (or some other source) onto the phone? I already pay $50 a month, and I don't want to pay for songs that I already have on my computer. Fyi, I am using a Motorla Krzr. I tried google and came up with no luck, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:29 AM

www.howardforums.com
Old 11-30-2006, 01:35 AM

thank you. it seems i can just transfer music with their free downloadable program from verizon. BUT my phone isnt syncing... i guess i cant use the USB camera cable, probably have to give motorola some $ and buy their "special" cable.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:42 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Which phone do you have?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:44 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi
Fyi, I am using a Motorla Krzr.
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Which phone do you have?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench

:banana:
Old 11-30-2006, 05:50 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
bluetooth or a memory card.

I don't know if you have to do any seem edits for the KRZR, but I had to for my e815 to get bluetooth OBEX transfers working.

+1 for howardforums.com
Old 11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
good luck with that... hope you are able to hack it. best thing you can do, leave VW! I did. Damn, I am loving every minute of it!

I had an old GL, and my friends had a newer GL and a Razor. With the cable they couldn't get anything transfer over. The the bluetooth can only be used with headset and nothing else.

I recently got my SLVR L7 with cigular, without SW, even just the cable my PC can see it. It can at least connect to my PC as a storage device. but I have motorola phone tool, so I can transfer just about anything. and my current itune works w/o any additional swl.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
I'm pretty happy with Verizon's service. I've had them for two years now and haven't have a single complaint. The one that i did have was with my treo. kept shutting off, but that's a different story.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:12 AM

delete, repost

Last edited by WRXakaBooSTi; 12-01-2006 at 02:13 AM. Reason: delete
Old 12-01-2006, 02:13 AM

i actually just switched to verizon from sprint. im sorta regreting the switch. i switched because sprint has crappy phones, but my reception with sprint was actually much better and i had 500 as opposed to 450 minutes now.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:36 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I have been with verizon for 6 years and my biggest gripe is that they take away otherwise free features and charge money. e.g. ringtones, MP3 player, bluetooth OBEX transfer, DUN.

Most of the LG phones only require a data cable and a free cross platform(windows/Mac OS/Linux) program called BitPim(http://bitpim.sf.net). Once you have this, you can transfer MP3s as ringtones, copy music on to your phone, pictures, etc..
With the newer LG phones that have bluetooth you can configure the bluetooth as a comm data port on the phone, and if your PC with bitpim has a bluetooth adapter you can do the transfers without the data cable.

Service wise, nothing touches verizon. If you have an LG phone on verizon, then you kinda get the shaft. The RF on the LG phones has always sucks, and still sucks.
The Samsung phones have better RF, Nokia is king on the RF front for cell phones, and Motorola is a close second.

For work i've had: T-mobile, Cingular/AT&T, and verizon. Verizon wins as long as you are state side.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
you might be right on the phone thing. There is one guy at my work with cigular and a crappy phone that can't get signal for sht.

But you can't beat coporate discount (VW doesn't have it for Intel)! My friend with the new motorola with VW still doesn't get signal at many places where I do.

Originally Posted by mcdrama
I have been with verizon for 6 years and my biggest gripe is that they take away otherwise free features and charge money. e.g. ringtones, MP3 player, bluetooth OBEX transfer, DUN.

Most of the LG phones only require a data cable and a free cross platform(windows/Mac OS/Linux) program called BitPim(http://bitpim.sf.net). Once you have this, you can transfer MP3s as ringtones, copy music on to your phone, pictures, etc..
With the newer LG phones that have bluetooth you can configure the bluetooth as a comm data port on the phone, and if your PC with bitpim has a bluetooth adapter you can do the transfers without the data cable.

Service wise, nothing touches verizon. If you have an LG phone on verizon, then you kinda get the shaft. The RF on the LG phones has always sucks, and still sucks.
The Samsung phones have better RF, Nokia is king on the RF front for cell phones, and Motorola is a close second.

For work i've had: T-mobile, Cingular/AT&T, and verizon. Verizon wins as long as you are state side.