dodgers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Administrator Emeritus

It was a weird game last night. You should not win with 7 walks in a championship series baseball game. Even though the Phil's never trailed, the momentum shifted back and forth all night. The umpire decided not to call low strikes which had both pitchers elevating their pitches. The reason to love baseball is the unpredictability. The pregame hype of La's 'un-hittable bullpen' and left handed pitching went down the tubes with the uncertainty of play off baseball. The Philly's bullpen beat LA's last night. Chan Ho was the best I've seen all year. Both Madson and Lidge were scary, (like that all year) but the four run lead was to much for LA to overcome.

A good start for the Phil's who needed to take one of the two. Game two this afternoon and the pressure is now on LA. I expect LA to win today as going to Philly down two would be their worst nightmare.

Bob..
Old 10-16-2009, 08:10 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
WOW WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!
I enjoyed watching it, of coarse i would have liked a different out come
but i think this is going to be a great series and im looking forward to it

Originally Posted by speedlimit
It was a weird game last night. You should not win with 7 walks in a championship series baseball game. Even though the Phil's never trailed, the momentum shifted back and forth all night.
yeah it was a real nail biter and great!!!!

The umpire decided not to call low strikes which had both pitchers elevating their pitches. The reason to love baseball is the unpredictability.
you forgot inside and outside pitches too it was pretty bad for both teams but it seemed to strike dodgers pitchers when we needed a good call the most. OH and dont get me started on the check swing where they called a no swing but he went around -___-

The pregame hype of La's 'un-hittable bullpen' and left handed pitching went down the tubes with the uncertainty of play off baseball. The Philly's bullpen beat LA's last night. Chan Ho was the best I've seen all year. Both Madson and Lidge were scary, (like that all year) but the four run lead was to much for LA to overcome.
SCREW CHAN HO PARK!!! that guy pitched for us for years and was giving up hits and HRs like it was candy on Halloween. now he has long hair and beard and he can throw something i give up
OH and jason werth we brought him up so its nice to see him doing well

two pitches changed the whole game for us

they should have pulled the kid after the first home run. He was shaken and couldnt settle back down. he needed his diapers changed because they were in a bunch
A good start for the Phil's who needed to take one of the two. Game two this afternoon and the pressure is now on LA. I expect LA to win today as going to Philly down two would be their worst nightmare.

Bob..
yup we need to get it going or else this is going to be a short series
Old 10-16-2009, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Yea this should be a good series. I expect LA to come out hot today, facing Pedro, there is no telling which Pedro will show up. But yea, that umpire was all over the place with his strikes. His strike zone would close up and then open up. Just back and forth, back and forth. That would really irritate pitchers.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:47 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Yea this should be a good series. I expect LA to come out hot today, facing Pedro, there is no telling which Pedro will show up. But yea, that umpire was all over the place with his strikes. His strike zone would close up and then open up. Just back and forth, back and forth. That would really irritate pitchers.
yeah the calls were really incosistant for both sides

teh worst was in teh 9th with broxton pitching

two pitches in teh same place in a row if you were wathcing the pitch tracker and one was a ball one was a strike
not fair for the batter or the pitcher
Old 10-16-2009, 01:44 PM
9 to 5 mod

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...1&mode=gameday
Old 10-16-2009, 04:06 PM
9 to 5 mod

http://www.ilemi.com/channels/channel5.html

8th pitcher this inning haha
Old 10-16-2009, 04:12 PM
9 to 5 mod

Oh crap!!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:13 PM
9 to 5 mod

Woww what a great gamwe!!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:46 PM
VIP Member

Damn I cannot believe Manuel took Pedro out after 2 hits in 7 innings and only 87 pitches. Should have left him in. Oh well, we got one and spoiled home field advantage at least. hahaha

But yea, this is shaping up to be one hell of a series.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:46 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sigma pi
yeah the calls were really incosistant for both sides

teh worst was in teh 9th with broxton pitching

two pitches in teh same place in a row if you were wathcing the pitch tracker and one was a ball one was a strike
not fair for the batter or the pitcher
Yea I noticed that and couldn't believe what I saw. Strange calls.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Administrator Emeritus

A very good game yesterday and congrats to the Dodgers! I hate to lose on a walk! The only thing worse would have been a walk off 'walk' in the 9th. LOL. Lee is pitching tomorrow and he can be tough plus game time temp is forecast to be 41 degrees with light rain. That may affect the Dodger's more than the Phils. Phil's need to take two at home!

Bob..
Old 10-17-2009, 08:03 AM

Car Info: STi 07
I can bet 10,000 dollars that the Dodgers will not win the World Series!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
A very good game yesterday and congrats to the Dodgers! I hate to lose on a walk! The only thing worse would have been a walk off 'walk' in the 9th. LOL. Lee is pitching tomorrow and he can be tough plus game time temp is forecast to be 41 degrees with light rain. That may affect the Dodger's more than the Phils. Phil's need to take two at home!

Bob..
Yeah losing on a walk sucks but it takes a good batter to stop himself from swinging in that situation. Gotta give props to Ethier for holding off. Not saying that cause he's on my team but just in general. Most hitters would have been swinging away.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
game 3 tonight - wish I were there - although, the way it's looking as of now, there's no way I'll miss being in NY for any games
Old 10-18-2009, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

Yes after that horrible showing by the Eagles, the Phillies are coming through.

Go Fightin Phils!!!!

Quick Reply: dodgers.