dodgers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by speedlimit
Well, if you were born in the L.A. area and moved to Philly, then that's acceptable. However, if you were born and raised in Philly and a Dodgers fan, that's a violation of the TOU of sports fans!

I posted back in May that I felt there would be a rematch between the Phil's and Dodger's in the NLCS. This should be a good series, but I am afraid that the result this year will be different.

Bob..
fixed
Old 10-13-2009, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by c32c7
Woo! Dodgers fans are a classy bunch.

NWS NWS NWS
http://theync.com/media.php?name=120...e-dodgers-game

NWS NWS NWS
wow you found a video of bad people in a specific area. that's not possible in oakland or frisco
Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Well, if you were born in the bay area and moved to Philly, then that's acceptable. However, if you were born and raised in Philly and a Dodgers fan, that's a violation of the TOU of sports fans!

I posted back in May that I felt there would be a rematch between the Phil's and Dodger's in the NLCS. This should be a good series and if Hammel's and Happ get on track combined with Lee, a short one.

Bob..
good for us this time we can avenge our loss
Old 10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by evsoul
wow you found a video of bad people in a specific area. that's not possible in oakland or frisco
BS - go to a Raider game and wear visiting team jerseys
Old 10-13-2009, 02:10 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by c32c7
Woo! Dodgers fans are a classy bunch.

NWS NWS NWS
http://theync.com/media.php?name=120...e-dodgers-game

NWS NWS NWS
so I finally got this clip to work on youtube, same clip I assume, and it reminded me of the time some UT ***** tried to start **** with me in front of my dad and bro, just started cursing for no ****ing reason, while we were in line for a portapotty at the Rose Bowl for the 2006 NCAA championship - drunk, ****ed up people do stupid things (like drive) - don't need to include sports viewing for that to happen
Old 10-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by herrjr
fixed

I'm going to keep my eye on you.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by sigma pi
good for us this time we can avenge our loss
I think the strategy for the Dodgers will be to have good at bats and take pitches. Get the starters out early and into the Phil's crap shoot bullpen. The Phil's will try to do the opposite by getting early leads and keep the Dodger's bullpen from protecting a lead.

I don't see the Dodger's any better than they were last year (lost 4-1 if I recall). The only upgrade was second base? Plus, we are not exactly shaking in our boots at a team whose ace is Randy Wolf. Kershaw is the only pitcher that's a legitimate 1 or 2 starter. Padilla is nut case who should take a Valium the size of hockey puck before the game starts. He was jerk when he was here.

Keep in mind that no lead is safe against the Phil's. They are the best hitting club in the NL and they have chewed up 'elite' bull pen staffs all year.

Phil's in 6.

Bob..
Old 10-13-2009, 03:10 PM
9 to 5 mod

I think the strategy for the Dodgers will be to have good at bats and take pitches. Get the starters out early and into the Phil's crap shoot bullpen. The Phil's will try to do the opposite by getting early leads and keep the Dodger's bullpen from protecting a lead.

I don't see the Dodger's any better than they were last year (lost 4-1 if I recall). The only upgrade was second base? Plus, we are not exactly shaking in our boots at a team whose ace is Randy Wolf. Kershaw is the only pitcher that's a legitimate 1 or 2 starter. Padilla is nut case who should take a Valium the size of hockey puck before the game starts. He was jerk when he was here.

Keep in mind that no lead is safe against the Phil's. They are the best hitting club in the NL and they have chewed up 'elite' bull pen staffs all year.

Phil's in 6.

Bob..
wow you are saying we are the same but give us another game hahaha

Padilla eats a quesadilla the size of hockey rink everynight before he goes on.
he is fat but man he can throw 7 scoreless innings last time he started
yeah our ace is wolf hahhahahhahaha
7 8 9 we are gold
1-6 is what we have to watch for

this year we have some bats either is mr fire loney can even hit. the bottom of the order does better than the top and we still win

i think the phils have another thing coming
they couldnt sweep the rocks
COL 5
PHI 4

col 1
phi 5

PHI (2-1) 6
COL (1-2) 5

PHI (3-1) 5
COL (1-3) 1

phi average 5 runs a game
dodgers scored 5 5 3 average 4.5 runs

manny is barely coming back online right now so we will see what he does
thursday is the day

Last edited by sigma pi; 10-13-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
9 to 5 mod

OH bob i need your phone number for ummmm ............... mod admin stuff???
Old 10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

I'm going to keep my eye on you.
you do that LMAO - FTP! - remember, I posted it here first:

The Dodgers will defeat the Phillies in the 2009 NLCS and go onto the World Series to face the New York Yankees.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Well, if you were born in the bay area and moved to Philly, then that's acceptable. However, if you were born and raised in Philly and a Dodgers fan, that's a violation of the TOU of sports fans!

I posted back in May that I felt there would be a rematch between the Phil's and Dodger's in the NLCS. This should be a good series and if Hammel's and Happ get on track combined with Lee, a short one.

Bob..
I have to agree. I was born in Philly and now live here. Life long Phillies fan! Phillies will take the series in 6.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:45 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I have to agree. I was born in Philly and now live here. Life long Phillies fan! Phillies will take the series in 6.
being nice to bob wont curry any favor from the guards

just because the warden likes you doest mean the guards wont give you guff

my dad lived in west chester for 6 years
so have been to philly a few times

dodgers in 4 or5 if they let the phillies have one win at home and be nice
Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
I'm just glad we have some home field advantage.
This year is ours I think.. Our boys are finally out of their
slump and starting to hit like they are known for.. And our
bullpen is pitching better than anyone ever thought they could.

We just need to get Juan Pierre in there a little bit more, he has proven himself post season worthy. I say it goes 7 games.. Dodgers have a fire in their eyes and won't let the phillies have a victory without a fight.

Last edited by evsoul; 10-13-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:58 AM

Car Info: '06 SGM WRX / 18G (300/291) RIP, '05 TB Evo VIII
Eff-em. Orange and black for life. Phil's in 5 ftw.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by 06WRXtacy
Eff-em. Orange and black for life. Phil's in 5 ftw.
HAHHAHAHHAHHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAAH

well one this is for sure
philly and LA have one thing in common

we have WS chapionships
Giants wont be getting one any time soon

philly at home VS us its 2-2
LA at home vs philly its 2-1

So we have the edge but in all honesty ill say either way its a coin flip

1993: "The last pure pennant race"

The Barry Bonds era began auspiciously as Bonds put up the numbers for the third MVP of his career: 46 homers, 129 runs and 123 RBI, (.336 BA, .458 OBP, .677 SLG, for a total of 1.135 OBP+SLG), all career highs. Matt Williams was solid again (38 HR, 110 RBI, .294 BA), with Robby Thompson and Will Clark (in his last season with the Giants) providing offensive support. John Burkett and Bill Swift both had 20+ wins, and closer Rod Beck was dominant with 48 saves and a 2.16 ERA.[3] All this led the Giants to a 103–59 record in Dusty Baker's first year as manager, which earned him the Manager of the Year award.

But despite the Giants' great record, the Atlanta Braves — fueled by solid seasons from David Justice, Ron Gant, Deion Sanders and their midseason acquisition of Fred McGriff from the San Diego Padres — came back from a ten-game deficit to the Giants to win the NL West by a single game.[4] The Braves also had 20+ wins from both Tom Glavine and Cy Young Award winner Greg Maddux.

Desperately needing a win against the Dodgers in the final game of the year to force a one-game playoff with the Braves, the controversial choice of Giants rookie pitcher Salomon Torres proved disastrous as he gave up three runs in the first four innings and the Giants went on to lose the game 12–1. After MLB's establishment of the three-division–Wild Card playoff format following the 1993 season, New York Times sports columnist Dave Anderson captured the feeling of many baseball purists regarding the thrilling (and for Giants fans, heartbreaking) winner-take-all outcome as the "last pure pennant race."

good times

Last edited by sigma pi; 10-14-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Quick Reply: dodgers.