dmv needs to test people on parking

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 04:30 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
Originally posted by Wingless Wonder
That's the infamous park by touch method, first pioneered in San Francisco more than 30 years ago.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
That's exactly what happened to my mom's car in SF. My sister was waiting in my mom's car (already parked) when someone tried to parallel park in front of her. The guy bumped my mom's bumper trying to park. When my sister jumped out to ask what the heck he was doing, he just said "that's what bumpers are for..."
Old 01-26-2004, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
THAT is exactly the reason I will take the few extra minutes to park in the farthest, most remote, lonely, END SPACE in the entire parking lot, and park as close to the curb as possible....and if I dont feel comfortable about the spots that are available....I will drive around till I find one I am ok with. The only exception would be if I were waiting for someone and was standing by my car the whole time, then I will park in a "close" spot. Other than that, its all about the boondocks for me.

-Ted
Old 01-26-2004, 11:41 AM

Car Info: my 02 Wrx > STi = G35
Originally posted by GR8-WRX
That's exactly what happened to my mom's car in SF. My sister was waiting in my mom's car (already parked) when someone tried to parallel park in front of her. The guy bumped my mom's bumper trying to park. When my sister jumped out to ask what the heck he was doing, he just said "that's what bumpers are for..."
yeah, people like that are so inconsiderate...just because they don't give a crap about their cars doesn't mean the rest of us feel the same way.

i remember sitting in my car and some suv felt their car could and would fit in the compact parking space to the right of me. needless to say they did get it in, but with 1 foot clearance on the drivers side. the ars who was driving (was rather large) not only rammed his door into my car but proceeded to squeeze himself through both our cars to get out.

all i ask for is some consideration...that's all.