Dealership crashed my brand new 2015 Subaru WRX with 1300 miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 01:51 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I don't work at a dealership. I work at an independent shop but I would think all shops have similar insurance to this. Commercial Vehicle Insurance | Farmers

That should cover everything.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
looks like he edited first post to say "02/02/2015 UPDATE:

SOA has gotten involved and the dealer is making it right. I will receive a brand new 2015 WRX at zero cost to my self. Thank you for your support. You made this happen. : )"

i need to read the whole thread, but this post towards the end is interesting http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=706
"By OP's own admission, the day of the incident dealer did own up to it, and offered him a new car, and the OP took it to social media to trash the dealer anyway, at which point the dealer rescinded the offer."
a few other posts on the last page say the same.

Last edited by Rescuer; 02-03-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:21 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Millenials
Old 02-03-2015, 03:49 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Rescuer
looks like he edited first post to say "02/02/2015 UPDATE:

SOA has gotten involved and the dealer is making it right. I will receive a brand new 2015 WRX at zero cost to my self. Thank you for your support. You made this happen. : )"

i need to read the whole thread, but this post towards the end is interesting NASIOC - View Single Post - Dealership crashed my brand new 2015 Subaru WRX with 1300 miles
"By OP's own admission, the day of the incident dealer did own up to it, and offered him a new car, and the OP took it to social media to trash the dealer anyway, at which point the dealer rescinded the offer."
a few other posts on the last page say the same.
So both parties screwed the pooch on this one three times over before it got resolved?
Old 02-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Wow the OP was offered a new car by the dealer and he decided to go and bash the dealer anyways.......I don't blame the dealer for taking back the deal the first time around. The OP was wrong for that as that's not the best way to handle such an incident. If the dealer owned up to it and was willing to replace the car for a brand new car then this should have never gone any further than it should have with the OP and the dealership.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
So both parties screwed the pooch on this one three times over before it got resolved?
I'd say dealer was at fault and took the blame as well as offered a new car but then the OP decided to start a fire with jet fuel. I wouldn't blame the dealership for taking back their offer when they were never even given the chance to fix the situation. The OP should have never started the ****storm in the first place unless there is more information that OP isn't tell us.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
^yep

he was offered a new car from the very start. but instead blasted the dealership online on ar15.com, reddit, nasioc, etc where everybody spread the word about it to drum up negative attention to the dealership

dealership changed their mind due to this, and the whole thing blew up even more

SOA stepped in and talked to the dealership, having them go back on their original word of giving him a new car Dealership crashed my brand new 2015 Subaru WRX with 1300 miles - Page 23 - NASIOC
Old 02-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Originally Posted by Rescuer
^yep

he was offered a new car from the very start. but instead blasted the dealership online on ar15.com, reddit, nasioc, etc where everybody spread the word about it to drum up negative attention to the dealership

dealership changed their mind due to this, and the whole thing blew up even more

SOA stepped in and talked to the dealership, having them go back on their original word of giving him a new car Dealership crashed my brand new 2015 Subaru WRX with 1300 miles - Page 23 - NASIOC
If SOA didn't step in, I wouldn't be surprised if the dealership would have repaired the car and given it back to the OP as a "f*ck you" for starting a ****storm when they had offered the OP a new car the day of the incident.

Last edited by The Law; 02-03-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
The dealer also tried to tell him to f off and have his own insurance handle this. i believe that's why he took to social media to vent and then it went viral from there.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:47 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by The Law
I'd say dealer was at fault and took the blame as well as offered a new car but then the OP decided to start a fire with jet fuel. I wouldn't blame the dealership for taking back their offer when they were never even given the chance to fix the situation. The OP should have never started the ****storm in the first place unless there is more information that OP isn't tell us.
I have no problem with the customer sharing their story and criticism of the dealer publicly, but it has to be factual and give credit where credit is due. Instead he did it in a more inappropriate immature manner.

The dealer did not act any more maturely and chose "he started it first, mom!" route. The problem is at the end of the day they were still accountable and liable for what happened to the car. Period. End of story. Worst case scenario, it probably would not be hard to sue them or their insurance for negligence, lost income and/or future impact to resale value.

They should have stuck to their guns, gave the kid his new car, then exposed and blasted him on the same social media sites. Done correctly, they would have shut him up and came out on top. Instead, both look like bunch of *****y little girls.

EDIT: But as always the case with these stories, I am sure we will never know 100% accurate and chronological facts anyway.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 02-03-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Never had to run monitors to verify repairs? I find it easier to drive the car home and park it in the garage than to waste an hour of my time driving it during the day. I thought this was pretty standard procedure?
You are correct - this is pretty standard.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:24 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
My neighbor is a Porsche tech and he's brought a couple cars home to diagnose and put miles on the car after repair.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
So than is this a dealer by dealer policy? Isn't there too much uncontrolled risk associated with this? Not everyone owns a garage, not everyone lives in a good neighborhood, not everyone is a considerate driver, etc etc etc.

I think in such instances, the customer should be given the personal car of whichever employee gets to "shake down" the customer's car for problems. Seems only fair.

EDIT: In regards to this situation, I cannot even fathom how a dealer has any possible defense or arguments against immediately accepting fault and replacing the customer's car with equal or greater value one (if not a brand new). I hope the college kid doesn't get out of this free and clear either. He was in control of the vehicle. It needs to be on his record regardless.

my dealership is located right next to the freeway, so if we need to do any testing, the customer has to sign a paper, and most of the time, we will have our master tech drive with the customer. i have couple friends that work for a dealership, and they never heard of taking a car home. I did talk to some one that worked for high end cars and he has taken a car home due to some major testing, but he had to go trough major background check and you have to have spotless driving record.
After reading bunch of versions to this story, i want to hear both sides of it. If the dealership offer him a new car right away, and he still blasted the dealership, well then he is just a jerk.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:03 AM

Car Info: 2007 FXT Ltd MT AWP
I had a dealer sell me a new car with more then $2500 in undisclosed lot damage. I only discovered it when going to a different dealer for service and they showed SOA service history from before i took initial retail delivery. This was right before FB became mainstream, but I had my ducks in a row and they made me whole.

TL;dr

There are more shady dealers then we want to admit, and I welcome social media and the ability to put them on blast from day 1.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
Originally Posted by subigt
I had a dealer sell me a new car with more then $2500 in undisclosed lot damage. I only discovered it when going to a different dealer for service and they showed SOA service history from before i took initial retail delivery. This was right before FB became mainstream, but I had my ducks in a row and they made me whole.

TL;dr

There are more shady dealers then we want to admit, and I welcome social media and the ability to put them on blast from day 1.
I still stand by "there is always two sides to every story"

Quick Reply: Dealership crashed my brand new 2015 Subaru WRX with 1300 miles