Daly City cop(rookie) pulled me over for prodrive wrsport exhaust(axelback only)??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:14 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
^This

It's okay, in a fit of rage, some people forget they have punctuation keys and an enter key for paragraph breaks. As for the exhaust thing, live and learn. There's a risk to making your car eye candy on the streets. Just chalk this one up to just plain bad luck. Contest it, do what you can, move the hell on. Good lord. If only I had a dime for every thread started about cops giving them tickets or pulling them over.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 12-04-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:19 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Hollandaze
^This

It's okay, in a fit of rage, some people forget they have punctuation keys and an enter key for paragraph breaks. As for the exhaust thing, live and learn. There's a risk to making your car eye candy on the streets. Just chalk this one up to just plain bad luck. Contest it, do what you can, move the hell on. Good lord. If only I had a dime for every thread started about cops giving them tickets or pulling them over.
I mean what do you really expect from a guy who typed out his I-Club SN in sTaGgErEd CaPs?!?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 PM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
It's the price we pay for living in CA....
________
PAXIL HELP

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:22 AM

Car Info: 2009 wrx
sorry to hear about the bad luck. getting a ticket is never fun, unless it's a ticket to disneyland!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Originally Posted by Unit 91
Once again, since when was a Prodrive axle-back a Subaru option?
I didnt see a Prodrive axle-back in any Subie catalog at Steven Creek. But I did buy my SPT catback from you guys and did see you guys selling a new 09 subie with an SPT catback on it.

To sell a NEW car with an SPT catback, I would assume its fully legal.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX LTD 4eat
CA law says that if it doesnt come from the factory with the part on it. its is illegal. even if the dealer installs it, it is still illegal due to the fact it doenst come from the factory. i dont agree with it but thats the way its in the book.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Originally Posted by wrxchase
CA law says that if it doesnt come from the factory with the part on it. its is illegal. even if the dealer installs it, it is still illegal due to the fact it doenst come from the factory. i dont agree with it but thats the way its in the book.
Didnt we go over this already, Section B supersedes Section A?

I took that class!, lol, Tort Law...big deal, anyways, something always supersedes something else, in this case sound over "every mod being illegal."
Old 12-05-2009, 03:13 PM

then explain to me how I received a ticket for loud exhaust (hks hi power), went to the state ref, and got a certificate of noise compliance? If it's illegal, the state ref would've said so. It is not illegal to have an aftermarket catback/axleback so long as it is under 95dB. You have the LEOs enforce the law by writing out tickets, and the state refs to inspect citations regarding illegal modifications, and a judge that interprets the law. Checks and balances.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 12-05-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:45 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX LTD 4eat
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
then explain to me how I received a ticket for loud exhaust (hks hi power), went to the state ref, and got a certificate of noise compliance? If it's illegal, the state ref would've said so. It is not illegal to have an aftermarket catback/axleback so long as it is under 95dB. You have the LEOs enforce the law by writing out tickets, and the state refs to inspect citations regarding illegal modifications, and a judge that interprets the law. Checks and balances.
your correct about the 95db. but thats a different section for the citation. there are many different exhaust/engine moddification sections. but the two main ones are exhaust noise and moddified exhaust. both are fix it tickets but the moddified exhaust isnt something that can be signed off for being under 95db. moddified exhaust can only be corrected by re-installing the factory exhaust. i know this because i was stoped for it. my car is now back to bone stock because of it. we all mod are cars knowing that none of its legal. if you dont belive me go talk to a CHP officer and have them look at your car. the'll tell you if its legal or not.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:02 AM

if you dont belive me go talk to a CHP officer and have them look at your car. the'll tell you if its legal or not.
Don't need to. State Ref has the final decision in all matters regarding exhaust modifications. CHP and LEOs aren't experts in all things involving cars and inspection. That's the reason we have State Refs.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
There is so much stupid in this thread....
Old 12-06-2009, 10:06 AM

your correct about the 95db. but thats a different section for the citation. there are many different exhaust/engine moddification sections. but the two main ones are exhaust noise and moddified exhaust. both are fix it tickets but the moddified exhaust isnt something that can be signed off for being under 95db. moddified exhaust can only be corrected by re-installing the factory exhaust.
I believe you are referring to cvc27156 which is modified emissions. Completely different topic altogether.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 AM

Car Info: 2006 sti
Originally Posted by horsecut54
Haters got to hate. The officer was not doing his job. It is their ignorance of the law that makes them bastards.

First off. Axel backs ARE NOT ILLEGAL! You have the right to put whatever you want on as long as they do not break the 95 DBa law in California.

Here one Ca Vehicle code:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27150_2.htm

Another: (ca veh. code 27200 establishes 95 DBA @ 50 feet!
http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/code...00/27200-27207

So for all you people saying the cop is doing his job, blow me! Right after this I have to complete a defense to a speeding ticket I got, the cop said I had made it to 75 mph in 404 FEET!!! Less than an 1/8 mile. so the cop is lying!!!! Cops lie thats in their job description.

Good luck BRUVA!
your ignorance is amazing.
ANY modification to a cars exhaust is illegal.plain and simple.the decibel limit is set for that reason.they can give you a ticket making you get inspected to be cetain your exhaust follows that rule.that doesnt mean that some police dont push the limits but they are set for a reason.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear
but under the vehicular code "technically" ANY change to the exhaust system is a violation.
its really gay but this is true.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
There is so much stupid in this thread....
True that!

Quick Reply: Daly City cop(rookie) pulled me over for prodrive wrsport exhaust(axelback only)??