Craigslist Imprezas...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by EpsilonK
I would almost sell mine for 20k...I am kinda wanting to get a truck and an R-6.... :-P

Gotta love JBP

I would be so torn up if someone actually offered to buy it though...I really love it. :P

JBP is pretty sweet, but hard to fix if it gets messed up.

If you just keep firm on your price, you will never have to be torn up!

Seriously, I don't understand why people think modding your car is an investment. Case in point is that '02 WRX in CL advertised for $26k. It will just plain never sell for that period. I would bet on it. Besides that it's a poorly written add and doesn't say anything about the engine swap...

That SRP car is also very overpriced. It's sad, but true. I have tried to sell a couple modded cars for a 'fair' price thinking someone might see the value in all the time and money I had spent, but I always, without fail, end up demodding and selling stock for a SELLING price.

I love my '01 GM6, seriously, love it. However, if I could get anything even close to 'fair' money out of it, I would sell it immediately. If I ever have to sell it, I will be forced to de-mod it, and sell it stock - there's just no choice. I would get the same money either way, just if I demod it I will feel better about the price, it will be easier to sell (this is true) and I will get more money in the end.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by hyperlitenerd
I wanted to get this one, but it has a salvage title

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/161291056.html
I need to find the time to check out this car. If it's not bad, I can move all my mods over and sell mine, then have money for my swap finally. Once I swap a car I am never selling it ever, so it wouldn't matter that it's salvage if it's not a nasty rebuild. Same colour, layout, everything.

Marc - that wagon is pretty hot, but I still like yours better. You need a waist spoiler!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 01:08 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by wombatsauce

eh? What, torn up on the motorcycle?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:12 PM
VIP Member

eh? What, torn up on the motorcycle?
Huh? You said: "I would be so torn up if someone actually offered to buy it though...I really love it. :P"

Then I said: "If you just keep firm on your price, you will never have to be torn up!"
Old 05-18-2006, 01:17 PM

JBP is pretty sweet, but hard to fix if it gets messed up.

Seriously, I don't understand why people think modding your car is an investment. Case in point is that '02 WRX in CL advertised for $26k. It will just plain never sell for that period. I would bet on it. Besides that it's a poorly written add and doesn't say anything about the engine swap...

That SRP car is also very overpriced. It's sad, but true. I have tried to sell a couple modded cars for a 'fair' price thinking someone might see the value in all the time and money I had spent, but I always, without fail, end up demodding and selling stock for a SELLING price.

I love my '01 GM6, seriously, love it. However, if I could get anything even close to 'fair' money out of it, I would sell it immediately. If I ever have to sell it, I will be forced to de-mod it, and sell it stock - there's just no choice. I would get the same money either way, just if I demod it I will feel better about the price, it will be easier to sell (this is true) and I will get more money in the end.

Its one of those things, where I am not really looking to sell it, but if someone came up and offered that to me, I might accept it....dunno really, but that would at least make me consider it.
I never really thought of adding stuff to my car as an investment....its just some way to blow my money that is fun, and that I might be able to sell for some fraction of what I paid later....oh well....
Yeah, if I really wanted to sell it, I would take the extended warranty and cash it out, I only got it 6k miles ago, and about 2.5 months, so that would be a good chunk of change...and I could sell the wheels seperate and throw on some stockers, and sell the AP seperate, and then I could sell the wrx for 18000....but meh, I am not really that motivated to sell it. Unless I had someone walk up and offer 18, then I might bother with all that. lol.
I really want an R-6.....

Last edited by EpsilonK; 05-18-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:18 PM

Huh? You said: "I would be so torn up if someone actually offered to buy it though...I really love it. :P"

Then I said: "If you just keep firm on your price, you will never have to be torn up!"

ah. Duh.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:21 PM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
Marc - that wagon is pretty hot, but I still like yours better. You need a waist spoiler!!!
Working on it. I am waiting the the importer from GA, jHot, to post one on eBay.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

ah. Duh.
Haha... No worries. And I understand what you are saying above.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:24 PM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
This would have been my car if it were available 1 1/2 years ago. If you want a BRP 5MT wagon with gray interior this is it. *shakes fist* at the space time continuum.

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/163676381.html

Last edited by OwlBoogie; 05-22-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
Originally Posted by OwlBoogie
Bought of CL.
SCORE! That's nice...
Old 05-22-2006, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I got my 2.5RS sedan with ridiculously low miles, all stock back in December of 2002 off Craigslist.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 02 SUBARU WRX
thats not my car~
Old 05-24-2006, 12:05 AM

Car Info: N/A
http://www.craigslist.org/nby/car/159852028.html

Ok who is this? "JDM STi HeadLights Rare Find"??? Shame on you!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:59 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
http://www.craigslist.org/nby/car/159852028.html

Ok who is this? "JDM STi HeadLights Rare Find"??? Shame on you!
On top of that, most bugeye owners around these boards know what actual JDM headlights look like. Those aren't even friggin' projectors! Those are some cheap *** eBay black housing OEM-style headlights. I feel sorry if someone buys that car and gets played by all that BS. Oh well, it's his car and he can sell it for whatever price he wants, but he shouldn't be surprised if it's difficult to sell his car at that godawful price with such a BS mod. "JDM STi Headlights" hahahaha.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 05-24-2006 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Imprezzy
On top of that, most bugeye owners around these boards know what actual JDM headlights look like. Those aren't even friggin' projectors! Those are some cheap *** eBay black housing OEM-style headlights. I feel sorry if someone buys that car and gets played by all that BS. Oh well, it's his car and he can sell it for whatever price he wants, but he shouldn't be surprised if it's difficult to sell his car at that godawful price with such a BS mod. "JDM STi Headlights" hahahaha.
The thing is, most people have no idea wtf is on their car and most people lie in ads. Anyone who buys that car for $20k without test driving it (it says 'no test drives' in the ad which just adds to the stupidity) for the most part deserves what they get.

Seriously retarded.

Quick Reply: Craigslist Imprezas...