Cops brutally beat disabled man to death

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Palo Alto is nice Choku. Not exactly the south bay but close.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by queeg9k
Palo Alto is nice Choku. Not exactly the south bay but close.
Oh, I didn't mean South Bay as in the Bay Area, I meant South Bay Los Angeles. But thanks!

Although I gotta say, if I ever come back to the Bay, I'd love to live in Palo Alto (and certain other parts of the Peninsula and South Bay Area for that matter). Just absolutely NOT SAN FRANCISCO -- it's not the same City that I grew up in anymore.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:30 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Oh, I didn't mean South Bay as in the Bay Area, I meant South Bay Los Angeles. But thanks!

Although I gotta say, if I ever come back to the Bay, I'd love to live in Palo Alto (and certain other parts of the Peninsula and South Bay Area for that matter). Just absolutely NOT SAN FRANCISCO -- it's not the same City that I grew up in anymore.
My mom has a friend who's family has lived in torrance for a while (wally yonamine's family if you have heard of him.)

I always said if I were to move to LA it would only be to torrance...simply put, lots of japanese influence (houses have japanese temple style roofs) and the area is really asian haha, good food, decent shopping, calm, not hectic, and at times doesn't feel like being in los angeles, but its not ina bad location to be able to get to around the city...I really like it there, guess its my japanese side haha

:end hijack: pm me if you want haha
Old 05-09-2012, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
play nice now, children.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:29 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Can we still burn Oakland anyway?
Cops to Be Tried in Alleged Fatal Beating of Homeless Man Caught on Video - ABC News
Old 05-10-2012, 09:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by Choku Dori

I understand, different strokes for different folks, right? I don't think I ever wanna go back to SF now that I live in Orange County. The only other place I'd consider moving to is back to Hawai'i.

Hey, aren't you from Torrance originally? Or am I mixing you up with another ex-Life Plaza'er? What are your thoughts on the South Bay? That's another place that seems to appeal to me, although I honestly don't know much about it yet. /threadhijack
Thats Sigma Pi, he works in Torrance and he's half Japanese half fat so he loves it out there.

South Bay is good if you are Asian. If you are other than Asian but love the Japanese community with an American twist, then this is the place. You have tons of Hawaiian Japanese, Nisei and Sansei Japanese.

As for me I grew up in the burbs north of Brea in Diamond Bar. Keep in mind I'm in my early 30s and married so hitting downtown pubs and bars isn't really my thing anymore. When I was in my mid-20s I was a trainwreck no matter where I went. With Sigma Pi we were able to band up SCIC, managed to get the nerds out, introduce them to partying, *****es, random hook ups, strippers, massage parlors, hookers and blow.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
Thats Sigma Pi, he works in Torrance and he's half Japanese half fat so he loves it out there.

South Bay is good if you are Asian. If you are other than Asian but love the Japanese community with an American twist, then this is the place. You have tons of Hawaiian Japanese, Nisei and Sansei Japanese.

As for me I grew up in the burbs north of Brea in Diamond Bar. Keep in mind I'm in my early 30s and married so hitting downtown pubs and bars isn't really my thing anymore. When I was in my mid-20s I was a trainwreck no matter where I went. With Sigma Pi we were able to band up SCIC, managed to get the nerds out, introduce them to partying, *****es, random hook ups, strippers, massage parlors, hookers and blow.
I am sigma pi and I approve this message.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:44 AM
9 to 5 mod

LOL

I am...I hate all of orange country.
the orange curtain.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:48 AM

Car Info: Nadda
*popcorn*

Last edited by iLoqin; 05-10-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:52 AM

When I was in my mid-20s I was a trainwreck no matter where I went. With Sigma Pi we were able to band up SCIC, managed to get the nerds out, introduce them to partying, *****es, random hook ups, strippers, massage parlors, hookers and blow.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
the pics should still be in SCIC go search
Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 AM
9 to 5 mod

if you are really doubting it, care to wager you get banned if we prove it. If we dont, we are liars and nothing ever happened.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
sorry, we don't always take pics of some of the crazy stuff we did. But a few pics might still be up in the scic section.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 AM

I kid I kid.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by slugrx
My mom has a friend who's family has lived in torrance for a while (wally yonamine's family if you have heard of him.)

I always said if I were to move to LA it would only be to torrance...simply put, lots of japanese influence (houses have japanese temple style roofs) and the area is really asian haha, good food, decent shopping, calm, not hectic, and at times doesn't feel like being in los angeles, but its not ina bad location to be able to get to around the city...I really like it there, guess its my japanese side haha

:end hijack: pm me if you want haha
Yeah, I know who Wally Yonamine is, that's pretty cool! Thanks for the info! :thumbL

Oh yeah, I definitely know Mikey alright!
Looks like I'll have to explore the South Bay a little more when I get some free time! Diamond Bar -- drove through there once haha. Spent a little time in Rowland Heights, though -- lots good eatin' there! Man, I still remember the SCIC epicness through your guys' threads; always wished that I coulda been a part of it.

Originally Posted by sigma pi
I am sigma pi and I approve this message.
I always thought you were LBC folk for some reason. Or am I totally off?