Computer/Audio GURUS help wanted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 09:06 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
Computer/Audio GURUS help wanted!!!

So im trying to install an ipod shuffle into my car. Im looking for a certain adapter that i cant seem to find ANYWHERE.

Anyone know where I can buy a 3.5mm to 3.5mm 90degree adapter? I dont need a cord, just a short little adapter that makes a 90.

someone has got to know, ive looked EVERYWHERE!!!

Oh and ill pay you good if you can make one for me =)
Old 12-25-2009, 09:21 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

lemme goog...

oh never mind:

http://www.audioadapter.com/cgi-bin/...&preadd=action

rat shack doesnt have it?
Old 12-25-2009, 09:24 PM

havent been able to find it anywhere. its KILLING ME!!! I really want to keep my connection SUPER short so i dont want any long wire laying around.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:19 AM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
I've seen the 3.5mm female to 3.5mm female connector only (no wire) at radio shack before but I haven't been there in a while. If you can't find it there, you can try Guitar Center. They have a bunch of adapters/cables
Old 12-26-2009, 08:55 AM

Ah female to female are abundandt. Just no male to male 90 degree
Old 12-26-2009, 09:47 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Try frys...much better selection for adapters than the shack
Old 12-26-2009, 09:56 AM

good point but gosh that place is soooo far away. next time im down in concord ill swing by.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
Originally Posted by flatline
Ah female to female are abundandt. Just no male to male 90 degree
oops sorry, meant to put female->male but yeah, frys and guitar center are good options if radio shack doesn't have any
Old 12-26-2009, 01:36 PM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
Why don't you make up some mold from like straight crazy glue and put a wire in it and have some wacky makeshift creation lol. :P
Old 12-26-2009, 03:17 PM

Car Info: bugeye WAR wagon
what exactly are u trying to do?

are u just trying to plug one end into the aux port on ur car and the other into the headphone jack of ur shuffle? i assume u are, so just be careful b/c that port can get stressed supporting the weight of ur ipod.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
Radioshack
Old 12-26-2009, 04:42 PM

Ok UPDATE!!!

This is what im trying to accomplish:

The new Ipod Shuffle (ULTRA SMALL AND LIGHTWEIGHT BY THE WAY) has no way to control volume or track controls without an adapter (or the oem headphones). The problem is, when you hook up the adapter, it only has a FEMALE OUT. My Aux Input in the car is FEMALE. YES i could hook up a male to male aux wire but i would like to keep the connection as short as possible to keep the clutter down and the eye sore.

So basically this is what it will look like in a weird text picture thing

Shuffle female< <male------Adapter------female< <male-----90degree-------male> >female aux jack

that probably made zero sense but thats why I need the short 90 degree male to male haha

I tried to solder two connectors together to make a short connection and........ IT WORKED!!! Its just not pretty at all. And I really would like to get a decent looking setup because I really dont want to ghetto rig this car.

Any ideas? Or anybody else really good at soldering? My hands are too shaky to be that intricate
Old 12-26-2009, 06:31 PM

Car Info: LGT STI
dont bother with frys or radeo shack. they are worthless. You can find everything you need at either Jamco or Halted (HSC Electronics) but you will spend a little time sorting through stuff there... just google them for their online catalogue. They are here in San Jose/Sunnyvale area. If that all fails I could build you one for a small fee.
Anthony
Old 12-26-2009, 06:37 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited
Ok UPDATE!!!

The new Ipod Shuffle (ULTRA SMALL AND LIGHTWEIGHT BY THE WAY) has no way to control volume or track controls without an adapter (or the oem headphones). The problem is, when you hook up the adapter, it only has a FEMALE OUT. My Aux Input in the car is FEMALE. YES i could hook up a male to male aux wire but i would like to keep the connection as short as possible to keep the clutter down and the eye sore.

Shuffle female< <male------Adapter------female< <male-----90degree-------male> >female aux jack

that probably made zero sense but thats why I need the short 90 degree male to male haha

I tried to solder two connectors together to make a short connection and........ IT WORKED!!! Its just not pretty at all. And I really would like to get a decent looking setup because I really dont want to ghetto rig this car.

Any ideas? Or anybody else really good at soldering? My hands are too shaky to be that intricate
I think a lot of us are having a hard time picturing exactly what you want. I can solder pretty much anything without too much effort. It comes down to what exactly you want, where you're at and what kind of beer you buy.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:25 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Ok UPDATE!!!

Any ideas? Or anybody else youy good at soldering? My hands are too shaky to be that intricate
I'm ok with soldering, I live in Oakland, shoot me a PM and when you're around here you can drop off what you have with me and I'll see if I can clean it up a bit.

Quick Reply: Computer/Audio GURUS help wanted!!!