COBB AccessPORT v3 Announced! - Page 7 - i-Club

Go Back  i-Club > Regional Forums > Bay Area
COBB AccessPORT v3 Announced! >

COBB AccessPORT v3 Announced!

Notices

COBB AccessPORT v3 Announced!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:15 PM
  #91  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 717
Car Info: 12 STi hatch
Thanks Noah, for the service and AP this morning. On the ride home the subframe bushings were awesome! Haven't even looked at the ap yet.
mooshoo is offline  
Old 08-21-2013, 03:05 PM
  #92  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
LICmotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 865 A Sweetser Ave.Novato, CA (new shop smell too)
Posts: 3,426
Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by mooshoo View Post
Thanks Noah, for the service and AP this morning. On the ride home the subframe bushings were awesome! Haven't even looked at the ap yet.
It was a pleasure meeting you today and I'm glad we had a window in our schedule to get you in for some upgrades you were looking for.

See you in the future!

-Noah
LICmotorsports is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 02:32 PM
  #93  
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
paterick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SJ / Bay Area / CA
Posts: 247
Car Info: Roxie.
just fyi, ordered mine 2 weeks ago from Cobb. Due to a "component delay" Cobb is finally shipping my v3 out today and I'll get it midweek.
paterick is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:01 PM
  #94  
Registered User
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 3,856
Car Info: Forester XTi
AAAAHHRRGG...they do not offer a V1 to V3 upgrade path(I would be happy with 100 bucks off) nor do they offer the V1 to V2 upgrade any longer

So now, I am stuck with this V1, and there is squat I can do about it, and to top it off I don't think anyone can tune for a V1 anymore...can they?
Overbear is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:05 PM
  #95  
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: roseville, ca
Posts: 970
Car Info: 06 obp sti
I did my v1 to v2 upgrade/trade in the week before the v3's were released. I guess squeezed in there just in time if they aren't offering the v1 trade ins
kmurphy is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:44 PM
  #96  
Registered User
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 3,856
Car Info: Forester XTi
yep..looks like I have to go V3, just got off the phone with the guys up there, lucky for me they have it in stock.
Overbear is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:55 PM
  #97  
VIP Member
iTrader: (3)
 
glenspen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BAIC
Posts: 2,792
Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
yep..looks like I have to go V3, just got off the phone with the guys up there, lucky for me they have it in stock.
You don't need to upgrade Andre, The V1 will allow a custom tune. If you buy a V3 you will have that in your drawer at home instead of your V1 in a drawer.

If you are buying the V3 because of the extra functionality that is different, but if you just want to use it to tune your V1 is still supported.

I think EQ will tune a V1
glenspen is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:07 PM
  #98  
Registered User
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 3,856
Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by glenspen View Post
You don't need to upgrade Andre, The V1 will allow a custom tune. If you buy a V3 you will have that in your drawer at home instead of your V1 in a drawer.

If you are buying the V3 because of the extra functionality that is different, but if you just want to use it to tune your V1 is still supported.

I think EQ will tune a V1
Who is Andre?

I don't know, I do know this V1 has been nothing but a pain in my *** but perhaps your right. I do know I am going to have to run OTS for now, and the v1 OTS for the vf39/sti intercooler combo with the cobb short ram, does not account for CA91, where the v3 does.
Overbear is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 04:54 PM
  #99  
Registered User
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 3,856
Car Info: Forester XTi
Picked up my V3 today from the guys at LIC, thank you guys.
Overbear is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
  #100  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
LICmotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 865 A Sweetser Ave.Novato, CA (new shop smell too)
Posts: 3,426
Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Picked up my V3 today from the guys at LIC, thank you guys.
Great seeing you, thanks for hanging out for a bit to catch up.

-Noah
LICmotorsports is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 PM
  #101  
Registered User
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 3,856
Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports View Post
Great seeing you, thanks for hanging out for a bit to catch up.

-Noah
You guys figure out that nightmare of a retaining bolt on the clutch hub? what was the name of that style bolt head? I will see if I can dig a few up for you to borrow, ive got some friends into restoring old British cars.
Overbear is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 AM
  #102  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
LICmotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 865 A Sweetser Ave.Novato, CA (new shop smell too)
Posts: 3,426
Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
You guys figure out that nightmare of a retaining bolt on the clutch hub? what was the name of that style bolt head? I will see if I can dig a few up for you to borrow, ive got some friends into restoring old British cars.
Yeah we got it all off. Its called Whitworth, the moment you've owned an old British bike you lean quickly how goofy things are ;-)

-Noah
LICmotorsports is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 04:29 PM
  #103  
Registered User
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 3,856
Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports View Post
Yeah we got it all off. Its called Whitworth, the moment you've owned an old British bike you lean quickly how goofy things are ;-)

-Noah
Just a FYI, there are a few companies still making/producing Whitworth sockets and open end wrenches, there is even a company that makes a ratcheting box end in whitworth sizes.

Ebay, its your friend

But your right, 70 bucks for a cheep chrome set...holy crap.
Overbear is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 AM
  #104  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
LICmotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 865 A Sweetser Ave.Novato, CA (new shop smell too)
Posts: 3,426
Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Just a FYI, there are a few companies still making/producing Whitworth sockets and open end wrenches, there is even a company that makes a ratcheting box end in whitworth sizes.

Ebay, its your friend

But your right, 70 bucks for a cheep chrome set...holy crap.
Oh for sure they are still around...I have a few, just none of the really big ones like 28.25mm (who makes that size, oh wait Whitworth, lol).

-Noah
LICmotorsports is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Gogats
Subaru General
14
12-28-2004 10:26 AM
Nick Koan
Rally
1
10-28-2004 05:25 PM
Imprezer
Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles
169
07-27-2003 06:57 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: COBB AccessPORT v3 Announced!


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.