Carlsen/Kevin Praise Thread # 313456

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 05:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Thumbs up Carlsen/Kevin Praise Thread # 313456

So we own two '02 WRX's, both of which have about 17k miles on them and both of which have some pretty nasty clutch shudder when cold. I finally saw the service bulletin on here and realized that I wanted to get this done.

Sunday night: Sent email to Carlsen via their website saying I wanted to make two appointments for clutch shudder repairs.

Monday morning, 10am: Call from Robert Jew, service advisor. I tell Robert that I've read the service bulletin and I know that I have the problem, but I don't really want to drop the cars off ahead of time to have them diagnose the problem, then order the parts, then wait and bring the car back when the parts get in. Robert says no problem let me call you back in a couple minutes while I check on parts availability.

Monday, 10:30am: Robert calls me right back, says no problem if we drop off one car Tuesday night they can have it diagnosed Wednesday and repaired the same day. When we pick up the first car we can leave the second car and they will do the same diagnose-repair on Thursday.

<insert donut bribery story>

Wednesday, 3pm: I go to pick up my wifes car and swap it for mine, and Robert tells me that Kevin heard a tiny noise underneath the car on the test drive and traced it to a bolt stuck in the heat shielding. Took care of that.

Thursday, 2pm: Robert calls me and says that Kevin is finished with my clutch repair, but during the work he noted that one of my ball joints had a torn boot and a little too much play. They had the part and would repair it first thing Friday morning.

Friday, 10am: My car is done, washed, vacuumed, free of clutch shudder (niiiiiice) and I am an exquisitely satisfied customer. When I get home I noted that Kevin replaced missing bolts that hold the front splash guard on, no charge no hassle.

Those guys at Carlsen really go the extra mile. Buy your cars there...and pay for their service work. I forgot to note that my car has aftermarket rims, uppipe, downpipe, and Cobb catback, with the concomitant resistor mods, and they didn't mention a thing. Thanks to Kevin and Robert for great work.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:33 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
what warrenty do you have from carlsen? I have the 7 year one so i dont want it to be cancelled because i am modding my car. Thats nice to hear they dont hassle you for dp and other mods.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:21 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Damn, they do sound cool, I think I'll bring my car there next time. Steven's Creek is garbage.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:19 AM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
i bought my '03 WRX there, and have had nothing but good experiences with the guys there. Andres (the sales manager when i was there) was great, and there wasn't any pressure or bullsh*t when i was test driving/buying the car. oh yeah, they're no haggle, under MSRP pricing policy was awesome.
i forget the name of the service manager i dealt with last time, but they did a 4-wheel alignment under warranty, even after my Mom ran over a big racoon with the right front, knocking it way out of alignment.