California Police Street Racing Training Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:45 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by MBasile
I think you need to look into this more. How often do you see ferraris and lambos street racing?
Uh...well there's that guy who knocked down a phone poll on PCH down south in an Enzo. And when have YOU seen a Ferrari on the freeway not going at least 90...

How often to you see modded lower end cars street racing?
I've seen a couple people pull on a freeway, up to about 85 or so (slower than the exotics go on the regular), but I don't think I've ever seen a street race...

You cannot argue with the fact that if there was no street racing, the police would not pay much attention to modded cars.
BS, again. You and the cops watch FnF together and think it's real huh....

You also seem to be saying that the cops are 'just doing their jobs'. Then how do you explain people being sent to the ref with all legal mods? Or stock STi's getting pulled over for 'big exhaust' or 'big wing' suspicion when that's how the car came? The cops are the ones who DON'T know what the f*** they are doing, so they defer the judgement to someone else...who then says the judgement was the cops, so all the sudden noone's to blame. That's total BS, and the cops are the ones to blame. A big wing or a big exhaust, or even some stickers, should NOT be prob. cause for a traffic stop. Unless being in a car that can break the speed limit is too, and then EVERYONE should get pulled over.

Last edited by MVWRX; 03-14-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:49 AM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Originally Posted by MVWRX
BS, again. You and the cops watch FnF together and think it's real huh....
*gasp* It's not real??
Old 03-14-2006, 08:23 PM

Car Info: 2001 Sedona Red OBS / 2016 FXT Touring
"This video has been removed due to copyright infringement."

WHACK!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 10:06 PM

Car Info: 2004sti
Wow ! You guys got it bad up there . I feel your pain . I geuss we're pretty lucky on maui the hawaii- five- 0 don't really hassle unless you're raising hell .
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 PM

video no longer works
Old 03-14-2006, 10:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Uh...well there's that guy who knocked down a phone poll on PCH down south in an Enzo. And when have YOU seen a Ferrari on the freeway not going at least 90...
yes, the guy on PCH did knock down a phone pole, I never said they didnt race, it jsut isnt often. I live 30 minutes from Pebble Beach, and when they have the Concour de' Elegance, I see many Ferraris and Lambos, they are also around other times during the year, but they drive normally.

I've seen a couple people pull on a freeway, up to about 85 or so (slower than the exotics go on the regular), but I don't think I've ever seen a street race...
go out of the house at night, there are many organized street races if you go to the right area. these are the street races with many fast cars in one area hanging around looking for people to race. search on google for "srt-4" or "mustang" and see how many street racing clips come up. I think cops are targeting this more than the people pulling to 85 on the freeway.

You also seem to be saying that the cops are 'just doing their jobs'. Then how do you explain people being sent to the ref with all legal mods? Or stock STi's getting pulled over for 'big exhaust' or 'big wing' suspicion when that's how the car came? The cops are the ones who DON'T know what the f*** they are doing, so they defer the judgement to someone else...who then says the judgement was the cops, so all the sudden noone's to blame. That's total BS, and the cops are the ones to blame. A big wing or a big exhaust, or even some stickers, should NOT be prob. cause for a traffic stop. Unless being in a car that can break the speed limit is too, and then EVERYONE should get pulled over.
I said they are trying to do what needs to be done (end street racing) but are not doing it very well. I laid it out clear and simple...can you not read?

I'll lay it all out plain and simple:

street racing: bad, mkay. needs to stop and is to blame for this "crackdown"
cops: going about doing a job that needs to be done the wrong way

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 03-14-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
There's one very very simple fact that negates your entire argument. There are cars that come stock faster than any 'street racer car' that are perfectly legal to use on streets. They are capible of nearly 200mph (Ferraris, Lambos, etc...). So if the issue is safety, then clearly those cars are less safe than a civic that does a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds...but they're legal and don't get pulled over just for having the ability to go fast.
That video, and the conduct of the police lately, make it obvious that they are pulling over cars that look like they are able to go fast selectively; basically they pull over cheap fast cars. That's discrimination against people who aren't rich; I want a fast car, I don't have 100k to spend, so I make a 25k car go as fast as a 65k car. Now my car isn't as fast as the 100k car, but I get pulled over for having the ability to go fast while people who spent a lot more money to go even faster don't get pulled over? BS

It's the police's fault, they found an easy target and are eager to make money on it.

If they want to stop street racing, then they have to catch people racing. Just like if they want to stop drug use, they have to catch people using/holding drugs. The cops can't stop someone with long hair and birkenstocks with a shirt with a pot leaf on it, hassle them about weed, and then send them to get a drug test just to see if they might have been high. Just like they shouldn't be able to stop someone with stickers and a legal exaust just to send them to a ref to see if anything's illegal.
VERY well said. I used to meet up with people and race on friday and saturday nights down near Monterey. We would meet up, have some snacks and then drive out to the open areas where you can see for miles. Have a few runs, everyone talks for a while and goes home. Never saw one single problem. Not saying this is good, but saying that....... Like so many other things in life, it's the people that ruin it - NOT the activity. These were all mostly domestics as well with nothing that fits the bill of items that were shown on that video.

And just a note... The top cars that I notice on the freeways where the drivers are driving in a VERY unsafe manner are old POS crap beaters, 3-series BMWs and what would have to be rental cars. Never once seen a car that matches the stereotype of a street racer (from that vid or otherwise) driving like a retard.

In my humble opinion, the very idea that someone could get arrested because an un-educated cop in his knowledge-free assessment deemed this person had the potential to engage in a street race is.... Scary on many levels. I don't see our friends the Police gaining any ground in the areas of competence and respect here.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
There isnt a whole lot of racing going on in Monterey now. We all hang out in Sand City on Saturday nights and havent had too many people come by trying to get us to race. Where they do more street racing is in Salinas, with all the wanna-be 2Fast2Furious kids.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
in light of video games like grand theft auto and 25 To Life

they should make a game called gearheads fury were we the tunners work hard buy nice cars and mod them so that they dont attract police attention

but when your car does attract the cops, you get out and blast the mother****er dead get in your car for a fast get away to mod another day

haha
Old 03-15-2006, 07:49 PM

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
in light of video games like grand theft auto and 25 To Life

they should make a game called gearheads fury were we the tunners work hard buy nice cars and mod them so that they dont attract police attention

but when your car does attract the cops, you get out and blast the mother****er dead get in your car for a fast get away to mod another day

haha

Hahaha, and if you get caught they take away your mod money. But sometimes the cops care about some mods, while others dont. hahah
Old 03-16-2006, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
Anyone have a working link to this video?

Youtube yanked it "due to copyright infringement" and I never saved a local copy.