BS Fix it ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 03:17 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

start carrying your own radio shack meters.

the $50 cost up front is priceless when a cop goes up to you and asks, "do you know how loud your car is?"

"yes... yes i do, officer..."
Old 06-07-2004, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by ldivinag

the $50 cost up front is priceless when a cop goes up to you and asks, "do you know how loud your car is?"

Now that would be priceless.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:20 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

here:

http://www.radioshack.com/iphraseget...=&sf=&x=4&y=10
Old 06-07-2004, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by chomsti
..................... I use to drive a modded rsx with the type r wings, bodykit, lowered... and everything, but i made sure i got my front license plate, my exhaust is stock and i got nothing big on my rearview mirror, I have never been pulled over and I lived across the st. from a police department.
maybe thats why you never got pulled over...... <shrug>

But can you just make an appt. at a ref. station for the DB test just as an "FYI" for myself without actually having a ticket? Cuz, I wouldnt mind having that "cert" in my glove box just incase. You never know.....

Originally Posted by ldivinag

oh yea, and the DB meter in your glove box, now that WOULD BE HILARIOUS!!!!

-Ted
Old 06-07-2004, 03:54 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
cops aint jealous of your subaru...they could care less...im pretty sure your exhaust is too loud, almost any aftermarket parts you put onto your car is illegal. Fight it if you like, but im sure if the cop testify you will lose, cause he will know things normal citizen dont know about the law. Alot of laws are not that clear cut. Also stop your hating on cops, they pulled you over cause you got something illegal on your car, not because you drive whatever you're driving.
Omg, I love this guy. Finally someone else who sticks up for the Five-O.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:58 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by GotBoost?

oh yea, and the DB meter in your glove box, now that WOULD BE HILARIOUS!!!!

-Ted
i started to carry mine in the g-box after i heard stories of STi owners getting pulled over for loud exhaust... their STOCK exhaust...

that was a few months ago...
Old 06-07-2004, 04:00 PM
VIP Member

cops aint jealous of your subaru...they could care less...im pretty sure your exhaust is too loud, almost any aftermarket parts you put onto your car is illegal. Fight it if you like, but im sure if the cop testify you will lose, cause he will know things normal citizen dont know about the law. Alot of laws are not that clear cut. Also stop your hating on cops, they pulled you over cause you got something illegal on your car, not because you drive whatever you're driving. I use to drive a modded rsx with the type r wings, bodykit, lowered... and everything, but i made sure i got my front license plate, my exhaust is stock and i got nothing big on my rearview mirror, I have never been pulled over and I lived across the st. from a police department.
Aftermarket axleback exhausts are NOT illegal. You can swap them until your faces turns blue as long as you remain below the legal db limit. Unfortunately the law is very vague when it comes to detecting too loud. Officers are not required to carry units to test sound levels. They have to use their judgement and the fact remains that 90-95% (i'll have to research the exact number) of all cars cited for loud exhaust get tested and pass below California's legal limit.

And that jealous comment was obviously a joke.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
Originally Posted by huck
Aftermarket axleback exhausts are NOT illegal.
Technically, anything you do to your car that isn't OEM can be considered illegal. Like I've said before, the CVC is very vague in certain areas and cops use that to their advantage when it comes to things for PC.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 00 BRP RS LIC'd 01 EJ207 + non DCCD 6 Speed
bingo ex-ricer...people need to stop hating on cops who give them tickets...get a cvc book and look up the laws yourself to make sure before doing things to your car...and all those items that you buy from motorsports/online store that states "50 state legal" are all bs. They just want your money. I stick up for Five-o because I am a "Five-o," and I did drive a modded rsx and i am getting an sti in a few weeks. If I got pull over I would never id myself as a cop to get a "professional," break...I know the law and I follow it. Thats why I dont get pull over. Go to your local DMV and get yourself a free cvc book, if you cant get one there, go get one eles where. peace.
Very true, but that doesnt mean u have to sing and dance and be happy that u got a ticket. True, its your own fault for swapping out the exhaust, but again, you dont have to like getting a ticket.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 00 BRP RS LIC'd 01 EJ207 + non DCCD 6 Speed
Of course not Endless, but dont hate on the cop
I didnt mean it that way at all, just pointing out that you dont have to be happy about being caught! LoL, as Im sure none of us would be. Yes, many people get pissed at the cops for pulling them over, but I think they are usually more mad at the fact that they got caught and just take it out on the officer who pulled them over. People are always gonna mod their cars and do stupid things with them, so when you do get caught, sack up and take responsibility for the mistake, if its yours anyway, police are human too. Anyway, my point remains the same, you dont have to like getting a ticket, but I should have added dont take it out on the officer as well.

Patrick
Old 06-07-2004, 08:48 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Go to the state ref and have it measured for free, then if it passes carry the cert with you in case you get pulled over again.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

Also stop your hating on cops, they pulled you over cause you got something illegal on your car, not because you drive whatever you're driving.
And Rocky aint hating on the officer. He's just asking what to do. I ain't hating neither. I have several friends that work for SFPD and I'm friendly to most every officer I meet. I'm well aware that they're just doing their job and it can be a ****ty job at times.

I'm not sure if you realized it but you walked in here for your first time and fired off a really cocky sounding post.

Quick Reply: BS Fix it ticket