i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   BS Fix it ticket (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/bs-fix-ticket-62006/)

qwk_wrx 06-06-2004 05:02 PM

BS Fix it ticket

I got a fix it ticket today in petaluma for my exhaust being too loud and i have a Turbo-xs Stainless turboback, and i know my exhaust makes the limit for the DB rating...should i fight it, or will i just get another for having the turboback?

Rocky

Zee 06-06-2004 06:10 PM

I dont know what the legal db limit is? Do you or anybody know what it is? If it is the legal limit then fight it.

Zee

SnoHumper 06-06-2004 06:15 PM

it might be under the dB limit by itself, but if u added uppipe and/or downpipe it probably got louder and maybe exceeds the limit now. my guess is the cop is jealous of ur suby.

Lurk 06-06-2004 06:20 PM

That is a BS ticket. How does he know your exhaust exceeds the 95dB limit? Are his ears as sensitive as a decibal meter? Take the ticket to court and challenge the cop. A lot of judges actually get pissed at cops for writing stupid ass tickets like that with no proof. Gluck.

Kostamojen 06-06-2004 06:43 PM

You have a turbo back, which means you removed the stock cats. If you fight it, you could end up with $6000 in fines. Im not trying to be obnoxious or anything about it, but it is a possibility.

DJTEN4 06-06-2004 07:18 PM

i agree with the above, but i would still prolly fight it, and have them put a meter right up to it, and if you dont pass who cares, take the ticket,and if you do good stuff!

Fight the man

huck 06-06-2004 07:34 PM

Damn, where's that article on the free db testing place? Someone find it!

Rocky, you'll just have to get it tested at said db testing facility and send the results into court.

huck 06-06-2004 07:41 PM

Found it!

[url]http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/stdPAge.asp?Menu=/includes/Menu_GenInfo.htm&Body=/Geninfo/Factsheets/Vehicle_exhaust_Noise_Level_certification-Sep_2003.htm[/url]

EndlessWaltz RS 06-06-2004 08:12 PM

Huck to the rescue!

Lurk 06-06-2004 08:36 PM

I'm not saying anyone should do this, but it seems to have worked before for a buddy of mine. He has a Integra Type-R with a Buddy Club Spec III exhaust. The thing is SUPER loud. He got pulled over and told the cop that when he bought the car, it came with the exhaust, and he gave the cop a GREDDY certificate saying their exhausts are legal or watever. Most cops can't tell what exhaust is what, so they just let him go because he has that piece of paper from his old Greddy SP exhaust. It was pretty funny.

milesmatics 06-06-2004 09:22 PM

I think I saw you right before/after you got your ticket at the intersection of D and Lakeville. Anyways, fight it through written trial! haha I don't know.

titsataki 06-06-2004 09:52 PM

you can go to the state referee. I think Subygirl got the same thing and althought she did have a TBE the referee never looked under to see if the cats or etc were there. So she passed the test and got the certificate. So it should not matter if you have a TBE. Now if you are catelss etc it may be pushing it a bit. Officers do not have to be knowledgable to what db the exchaust is. Proof is on the user to provide. But on the other hand say you get stopped (in the future ) and the officer claims that the exhcaust is too lound you say sorry it is not here is my certificate. So what happens if he gets all pissy and rips you a new one about the whole exchaust being modded/catless etc? You can be best friends with the referee :)

Cheers and good luck

Nick

SlickmisterN 06-06-2004 10:33 PM

The decible limit in California is 95db and you my friend Rocky are well below that even in the high RPM's. I got hastled once about my exhaust but i talked me way out of it. Now i keep that section of the vehicle code in my glove compartment along with the window tint section. No all I do is show them that and I say have a nice day......::mutters:: "Dick."

mexicanpizza 06-06-2004 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=SlickmisterN]...along with the window tint section. [/QUOTE]

You have a doctors note? :cool:

huck 06-06-2004 11:04 PM

[QUOTE=mexicanpizza]You have a doctors note? :cool:[/QUOTE]

I do. :D