brother got a ticket.... need input from u guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 08:14 PM

Car Info: Audi B6 S4
brother got a ticket.... need input from u guys

ok my brother got this ticket in richmond that i seriously think he didn't deserve but im not sure. He made a right on a red light from the second right turn lane (which is the lane next to the lane closest to the curb). there is no sign that says you can't make a right turn. everybody turns right at this intersection, even the cars at the second lane. At times, when you don't go people start honking, including the ac transit busses. the fine is $351. is this a ticket he can fight? btw he was driving a 89 sentra so there was no unwated attn.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:49 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
what was the ticket for? what did it say on the ticket? cuz i know they can get you on rolling through the red to turn, a lot..a LOT of people do that, so i dunno if thats what the police said he did or was the ticket because he turned right when he wasnt suppose it. go back there and see if there are any signs, if not then fight it fo sho!
Old 12-19-2004, 08:52 PM

www.ticketassassin.com
Old 12-19-2004, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Go to dmv.ca.gov and look up the vehicle code. Fight in using ticketassassin for tips.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:37 AM

Car Info: Audi B6 S4
well the ticket says "21453(c) vc Red Light"

i looked up that vehicle code and it is "Red arrow, driver shall not enter intersection to make indicated movement"

however, there is no red arrow at all at that intersection.

ticketassassin mainly recommends to fight it via mail right? so we would have to pay the bail amount of $351 first? and then if we win then they refund the money back or something?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:29 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Have your brother take a picture of the intersection & fight it by mail.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:04 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Your brother is wrong

Originally Posted by ASpec818
...He made a right on a red light from the second right turn lane ...
You can only turn right on red from the far right turn lane, unless otherwise marked.

This is one of my pet peeves, people who turn right from the left hand right turn lane. It's dangerous and it happens at all the freeway off ramps.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:16 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by ASpec818
well the ticket says "21453(c) vc Red Light"

i looked up that vehicle code and it is "Red arrow, driver shall not enter intersection to make indicated movement"

however, there is no red arrow at all at that intersection.

ticketassassin mainly recommends to fight it via mail right? so we would have to pay the bail amount of $351 first? and then if we win then they refund the money back or something?
Yep. The instructions are at ticketassassin, and you might have something on the back of the ticket itself about fighting it by mail.

(c) A driver facing a steady red arrow signal shall not enter the intersection to make the movement indicated by the arrow and, unless entering the intersection to make a movement permitted by another signal, shall stop at a clearly marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication permitting movement is shown.

Your brother lucked out. The easiest ticket to beat is one where the pig cites you for the wrong VC. Take a picture of the intersection, cite the vehicle code you were sited for, and it's an easy win. He's a luck **** (if you fight!).