Boxing hand wraps

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 04:42 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
I only said look like one I haven't attained full pimptastic status...yet.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:43 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jiveturkey
aye man... just use bag gloves they feel better anyways or grappling gloves. where are you training now? fairtex closed both gyms and moved so i haven't gone in awhile. but i need some sparring partners if ya down. i'll go easy hhahahhaa. peace.
Fairtex shut down? When did this happen?
Old 07-10-2004, 02:35 AM

Car Info: 03WRX=sold 08STI=newhotness
Old 07-10-2004, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

So there is a fairtex, it just moved?
Old 07-10-2004, 10:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Thank you all very much for your advice!
verc -- Actually, this is for Muay Thai, but I figured boxers wrap their hands too so I can learn from them as well I'll probably give Jiu-jitsu a try soon too though bwahaha!
jive -- Long time no hear from ya bro! I'm actually training at a place called Fight and Fitness now. Head instructor Bunkerd Fahpimai used to be a coach at Fairtex. I updated my old MMA thread with info about this gym. I'm doing strict Muay Thai for now, so I need the wraps and 16 oz. gloves instead of bag gloves or MMA gloves. Oh, and as for the offer for sparring, I dare not oppose the great jiveturkey, for I am but a rookie still I would appreciate any hints/tips/advice you could offer though
Old 07-10-2004, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

Oh, and Littleboyblue, Fairtex is still around. It's just that since Alex Gong's death, the gym's kinda fallen apart and I guess they had to scale back operations. So, they closed their gyms on Clementina St. and in Daly City and consolidated their resources to open their new gym on Hawthorne Lane.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:06 AM

Car Info: 2002MY Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Oh, and Littleboyblue, Fairtex is still around. It's just that since Alex Gong's death, the gym's kinda fallen apart and I guess they had to scale back operations. So, they closed their gyms on Clementina St. and in Daly City and consolidated their resources to open their new gym on Hawthorne Lane.
They had a restructuring. At the time, Alex Gong was being sued for misuse of the Fairtex logo. If you want to buy Fairtex gear, the site is now www.fairtexgear.com You can read about the restructuring on one of the www.fairtex.com pages.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:09 AM
VIP Member

Isn't that a shame!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:59 AM
VIP Member

^^^
Indeed, especially considering that IIRC Fairtex's the only Muay Thai gym in the US officially recognized by the World Muay Thai Council of (duh ) Thailand.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:07 AM
VIP Member

I wonder if fairtex will eventually just become a product line?
Old 07-13-2004, 11:07 AM

Thank you all very much for your advice!
verc -- Actually, this is for Muay Thai, but I figured boxers wrap their hands too so I can learn from them as well I'll probably give Jiu-jitsu a try soon too though bwahaha!
jive -- Long time no hear from ya bro! I'm actually training at a place called Fight and Fitness now. Head instructor Bunkerd Fahpimai used to be a coach at Fairtex. I updated my old MMA thread with info about this gym. I'm doing strict Muay Thai for now, so I need the wraps and 16 oz. gloves instead of bag gloves or MMA gloves. Oh, and as for the offer for sparring, I dare not oppose the great jiveturkey, for I am but a rookie still I would appreciate any hints/tips/advice you could offer though
Bunkerd is an awesome instructor. He trained me when I first started Muay Thai at Fairtex.

If you want to start learning Jiu-Jitsu, I recommend training with Jake Shields. He's at the new Fairtex over on Hawthorne though, but he's an excellent instructor.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JSuicide
Bunkerd is an awesome instructor. He trained me when I first started Muay Thai at Fairtex.

If you want to start learning Jiu-Jitsu, I recommend training with Jake Shields. He's at the new Fairtex over on Hawthorne though, but he's an excellent instructor.
Not to put down Jake Shields in anyway. When I watched him and talked with him, he seemed really nice. But, Dave Camarrillo's white belt beat Jake Shields. After the win, he got his blue. If you want to learn BJJ, then I would definitely go to AKA.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Littleboyblue
Not to put down Jake Shields in anyway. When I watched him and talked with him, he seemed really nice. But, Dave Camarrillo's white belt beat Jake Shields. After the win, he got his blue. If you want to learn BJJ, then I would definitely go to AKA.
I've heard good things about AKA. I was giving a suggestion for an instructor in the city.

Quick Reply: Boxing hand wraps