BF3 or MW3?

Old 11-08-2011, 01:52 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by Giibo
I ended up selling BF3 and picking up MW3. BF3 was good, but not my preference. I like the run and gun style of MW3.

MW3 feels just like MW2, which isn't a bad thing. Infinity Ward went with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality on this one. So far the maps seem to be close quarter combat maps. I've only played a handful of games. The interface is the same as MW2, so if you played it you'll be right at home with MW3.
Originally Posted by whieb
this is all because they used the same game engine from mw2 so the gameplay will feel just like mw2. From what i have read they wanted to update the engine but with the timeframe they had to make MW3 they couldn't.
Exactly why I'm not picking up MW3. Too much like MW2. Can't tell me Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer (believe thats the other company) didn't have time to make a new engine in 2yrs while BF3 creators created a new engine in 1yr and improved the game.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:57 PM

Car Info: subaru legacy, 01 4eat
Halo has used the same engine in two games, H2 and H3 with just a few minor upgrades.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:58 PM

Car Info: 2004 psm wrx
ya that's just the excuse i have read. i think they could have made a new engine in 2 years easily. but they chose not to sadly.

also the frostbite engine was allready in development for need for speed. so they had 2 development teams working on the same engine.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:13 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by Hoofus
Halo has used the same engine in two games, H2 and H3 with just a few minor upgrades.
I would say that's in a different league since its exclusive to 360. Building a game specifically for one system is a whole different ball game than a multi-platform game. But even still people notice, I remember hearing a lot of people unhappy with the Halo 3 upgrades.

ya that's just the excuse i have read. i think they could have made a new engine in 2 years easily. but they chose not to sadly.
I have a feeling Activision would be behind that one. They know people will buy anything that says "COD" on it so why waste time/money making the game better when they can put a small amount of work into a new version and rake in the big bucks
Old 11-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s

also the frostbite engine was allready in development for need for speed. so they had 2 development teams working on the same engine.
2 years? Its the same engine as CoD4 that came out back in 2007, so its been FOUR years! The sad truth is it has nothing to do with time, they're not going to make a new engine for the same gen of consoles thats been around for the last 5-6 years when they know they can just keep using this one and sell millions of copies anyways. the ones who get screwed are us PC gamers who just get crappy console ports. heres a little chart that shows where our graphics capabilites have gone in the last 6 years compared to consoles

been playing the SP of MW3 all day, after playing BF3 with proper graphics and all the setting maxed on my PC, the difference is night and day. Think of it like PS2 vs PS3 graphics. The current gen of consoles is really holding the industry back at this point.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:17 PM

yup. exactly why i wont buy it. i'm still gonna get the game for "free" to play the campaign but thats it.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:20 PM

i can just imagine the quality difference since its still mw2 graphics where my pc was getting 130+ fps and on bf3 i get 40 lol
Old 11-08-2011, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
Exactly why I'm not picking up MW3. Too much like MW2. Can't tell me Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer (believe thats the other company) didn't have time to make a new engine in 2yrs while BF3 creators created a new engine in 1yr and improved the game.
Game is good Aaron. They changed alot of things with online play. A little more balanced I think. Still same old campers but that'll never changed. LOL
Old 11-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
well I just finished the single player campaign of MW3, took just under 5 hours, the same as BF3. I did enjoy the MW3 SP better then BF3s, yes its totally linear and not very long but it packs a hell of alot of fun in it, and tons of "holy ****!" moments that MW seems to do better than anyone. I was starting to enjoy the BF3 SP but it feels like it should have been a couple hours longer, right when the story starts getting good, it just ends. WTF?

But overall, its hard to be impartial about MW3 after spending all last month playing BF3. MW3 just feels horribly outdated. Im running BF3 on my new PC build with a GTX560 and DirextX11, like I said it almost makes the graphics difference look like PS2 vs. PS3. But its not just the graphics, the sound design in BF3, the cracking of bullets going over your head, the way that guns sound different indoors/outdoors, the sound of wind in trees and water, its just so much more immersive.

Dont think I'll be playing too much of the MW3 multiplayer, played for about an hour and if you sat me down in front of it and told me it was MW2 i dont think I would have noticed a difference, its true, its just a $60 map pack, which is a good or bad thing depending on how you feel about MWs every-man-for-themselves style of gameplay.
I'll keep playing BF3.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
How ever good you think you are, you are not this good.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:39 AM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
^just wow... thats all... haha
Old 12-12-2011, 10:45 AM

Car Info: Nadda
^ In response to that.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
You know what I realized while playing both, it's almost ridiculous to compare the 2 as better or worse, I think that's all propaganda, the best way to view it is Simulation styled NBA 2k, versus Arcade styled NBA Jam. I definitely (after playing both for a good amount of time) prefer BF3, and i actually grew up hating simulation styled games, and would grab any and every version of NBA hangtime, and NBA Jam or Showtime, or NBA Street that would come out.

I feel like BF3 caters itself toward a more realistic and calculated approach, a fun exciting, moment creating version of realism and calculation, but just a more team oriented approach.

Whereas I feel that Mw3 lends itself to a more exaggerated and arcade style of game play. It has a great level of detail and precision to it, however I know for me, after Playing BF3 for a few months since its release, and then playing MW3, BF3 just felt like it was a more personable and controlled, precise experience.

Both really are stellar games, and if you could, I would suggest getting and trying out both.

Last edited by Kwelida; 12-12-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Originally Posted by ryball
How ever good you think you are, you are not this good.

Greatest **** EVARRERRRRERR!!!!!! This is what Chuck Norris calls and Alley Oop!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Playing shooters on consoles is like driving an automatic beetle on the ring. You're depriving yourself of so much! You have the medium but you can't enjoy it to it's fullest because you're still playing on a console with inferior hardware and controls.

PC Shooters are above and beyond any console shooter, EVER. Yeah I said it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BF3 or MW3?