Beware of CHP driving personal cars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
A part of me can see this as a way to issue entrapment though. If they roll out a bunch of these things and they do drive aggressively, get ricer to race them, then all of a sudden CHP pulls ricer racer over and scion goes homefree, how will ricer racer even know?

Well, I don't race ppl, so i'm safe. But I do drive over 65 usually.
Because when they charge you, the officer will have to document that you were challenged to race by the other vehicle.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by blue blurr
Not unless the scion was out there trying to race people, then it would.
dude its a TC it doesnt have to try and race people haha

anyone else hate 90% of tC drivers? they are the new civics i think.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
neither of the scenarios is entrapment. even if the cop egged you on to race, there was nothing that forced you to race an unmarked car. therefore, it's not entrapment.

same thing with drug stings. when a cop buys/sells drugs from a dealer or whatever it doesn't count as entrapment cuz the cop didn't MAKE you sell him drugs.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by blue blurr
It actually doesn't matter if someone calls you in for something as the cops can't do anything unless they see it happen. But of course, if another ON Duty cop calls it in (case of the scion) the black and white could theoretically do something about it.
Not so, they can pull you over with the witness.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
uhhh

Originally Posted by AlanarchySTI
I saw that happen a few years back on Whipple Ave near the Target. Some woman was tailgating me on my way to work in a black mercedez when out of the blue I see siren lights coming from the dashboard of a silver honda w/tinted windows which then pulled the car over. It was strange.
I wasn't aware unmarked police cars can legally pull people over

And as for the Entrapment clause with the TC, +1 to everyone who said no.
Most police officers I know love fast cars, it's when you're driving like an @$$hat is when they go after yah.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:02 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX w/ BEARS
in union city, we have an undercover civic and impala. i've seen them pull over people a couple of times before. its crazy because the siren 10x louder and when they flash em they got like a multicolored strobelight.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
i heard san jose pd has a green undercover integra, and a few other cars around town.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX TR
Tonight in UC I just saw 1 undercover impala pull over a harley...another down another street at a house..asking questions....saw both with uniformed officers

both had sirens that were hella loud..i was like 10 cars behind the harley and it sounded like it was behind me...

i guess the police/chp getting smarter...i dunno
Old 08-31-2007, 11:10 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
dude its a TC it doesnt have to try and race people haha

anyone else hate 90% of tC drivers? they are the new civics i think.
Yeah, I think it's worse than the civic. Since they're more expensive and have a whopping 160, they think that they're the shiznit even though everyone else has it. My old roommate owns one and he drives like an asshat. I always hated whenever I had to get in the car with him, and wouldn't ever want him to touch my car.

Originally Posted by SUBY_6_STI
Yesturday I saw some crazy stuff. I was driving home from San Jose at about 4. I'm in the lane next to the slow lane going about 65 and I look over to my right and I see a guy driving a dark blue Scion Tc. He is wearing his full CHP uniform with radio on his shoulder and all. He was cruising the same speed as me for about 3 miles.

All of a sudden a Pontiac Fiero comes mashing (about 80-85) up behind me, moves to the slow lane, passes me and then cuts off the Scion almost swiping him. The Scion speeds up to about 75 and kinda tails him for a bit. About 2 min goes by and one of the white CHP Camaros flies by me at mach 5.

5 miles down the freeway the Fiero, Scion and CHP Camaro are all pulled over on the side of the road. It was crazy.

In short:

Be careful speeding cause there are regular cars with CHP in them radioing cruisers about speeders.

This was on 280N between Moody Road in Los Altos and San Hill Road.
I'm sure he was just in uniform heading out to work. I don't think he was in his tC patrolling for tickets. Maybe he was late for work, so he suited up fully so he could get there and clock in immediately and got lucky.

Originally Posted by SUBY_6_STI
no way in hell would i pull over for a civic with tinted windows and a light bar in the windshield.

i would call the cops and tell them what was going on and not pull over until a marked car came.
I remember reading a story a while back of some woman who had an unmarked car trying to pull her over, so she called the CHP asking if it was a legit car. They told her no, and told her a route to follow so some CHP could find out who was following her. In the end it was a guy wanted for multiple cases of rape.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:20 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
Just tonight on 680 mckee exit I was a black expedition, no markings but lights on the back and dash. Was pulling some guy out of the bushes.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:45 AM

Car Info: 2006 San Remo Red WRX
We do have some unmarked expeditions and exploders in the military that go after people wanted by OSI, Secret service, etc..
Old 09-01-2007, 03:00 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by Sharky
I wasn't aware unmarked police cars can legally pull people over
yes it is legal, but most of the time they don't unless it's something really serious or they really feel like it...this was according to a CHP. he said no point for him to blow his cover for someone speeding at 75.

btw, some CHP cars have rear radars, so don't be following them at 75 thinking, "oh, he's doing 75 and i'm following i'll be fine." and everyone drive safe this labour day weekend.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:20 AM

Car Info: 07 WRX TR
I just saw a short special on LIDAR...new technology for catching speeders..
it can actually get a more accurate speed of the vehicle in question, also it records how fast u were goin from a certain distance..you can ask to see your speed if u want...
I dont drive like a maniac..but most the time i usually go about 5 over speed limit..and it looks like i need to upgrade my radar detector..or just stop speeding..lol
Old 09-01-2007, 08:58 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
yes it is legal, but most of the time they don't unless it's something really serious or they really feel like it...this was according to a CHP. he said no point for him to blow his cover for someone speeding at 75.

btw, some CHP cars have rear radars, so don't be following them at 75 thinking, "oh, he's doing 75 and i'm following i'll be fine." and everyone drive safe this labour day weekend.
I thought the cars can't be moving otherwise the readings the radar give can be insanely off?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 AM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX
Originally Posted by gunmtl
Just tonight on 680 mckee exit I was a black expedition, no markings but lights on the back and dash. Was pulling some guy out of the bushes.
I saw one two last night. Some Z was rolling down 280 S pretty fast so I figured I'd merge over to the next lane and give him the lane. Then I see a black expedition with tinted windows in the back move over to the fast lane. The Z guy got totally pissed because he had to start braking. Then the Z guy flashes the expedition and jumps over to my lane (although I was no where near him), speeds up, and then jumps back in the fast lane and takes off. However, the expedition sped up as well and all the sudden the expedition flashes his lights. I busted it up laughing. Tinted Out Expedition Cop +1 Speed Racer Z Driver 0.

Quick Reply: Beware of CHP driving personal cars!!!