Beware of CHP driving personal cars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
I wonder if that douche bag cop would have radioed his buddy if he saw someone cruising at 65 with a half flat tire like I see every day...
How is the cop a douche bag??? He is giving a citation to someone who was obviously driving like a real douche bag

I love how some idiots automatically assume ALL cops are douches, even when they are merely doing their job
Old 08-31-2007, 01:28 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
it would only be entrapment if said scion challenged the fiero to a race then radiod the support in.

Funny if the dude was just on his way to work or something..haaa.
yup... definition of entrapment is that.

rememeber too... that cops in kalif are "on duty" 24/7.

granted, if the dude wasnt speeding that much, IF THE CHP dude was still going to work, he woulda just let him go...
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
I saw that happen a few years back on Whipple Ave near the Target. Some woman was tailgating me on my way to work in a black mercedez when out of the blue I see siren lights coming from the dashboard of a silver honda w/tinted windows which then pulled the car over. It was strange.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI CGM
Originally Posted by AlanarchySTI
I saw that happen a few years back on Whipple Ave near the Target. Some woman was tailgating me on my way to work in a black mercedez when out of the blue I see siren lights coming from the dashboard of a silver honda w/tinted windows which then pulled the car over. It was strange.
no way in hell would i pull over for a civic with tinted windows and a light bar in the windshield.

i would call the cops and tell them what was going on and not pull over until a marked car came.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Wow... I wonder if that can fall under entrapment?
Not unless the scion was out there trying to race people, then it would.

Originally Posted by blacktraxgirl

its not entrapement...anyone can call in a driver and complain....just depends on how serious it is if they bother to look for them.....but of course if an off duty cop calls it in, you can bet that theyll hunt them down
It actually doesn't matter if someone calls you in for something as the cops can't do anything unless they see it happen. But of course, if another ON Duty cop calls it in (case of the scion) the black and white could theoretically do something about it.

Originally Posted by AlanarchySTI
This is actually a law and in the vehicle code. For a cop to pull you over, the car must have identification on the doors. So if a plain car ever tries to pull you over by law you don't have to or at least ask the plain car/clothed cop to radio in a uniformed cop before you will give up any of your information.

Last edited by blue blurr; 08-31-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
No.
agreed, its the same as a citizen calling in a wreckless driver, the CHP officer (most likely was off duty or on lunch break or something) just has an easier way of calling it in and they actually act upon the report
Old 08-31-2007, 01:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by ucbsti
How is the cop a douche bag??? He is giving a citation to someone who was obviously driving like a real douche bag

I love how some idiots automatically assume ALL cops are douches, even when they are merely doing their job
yeah, what the hell I thought it was "good to see them doing their job right for once" when they bull someone else over and were only douchebags when you get pulled over (you in general, not you ucbsti)
Old 08-31-2007, 01:50 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
i drive slow.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:58 PM

Car Info: WRB 18g + Meth (sold) 07 BMW 335i coupe
wow didnt know that chp does this....
Old 08-31-2007, 02:19 PM

Car Info: The ladies wild
Originally Posted by mot
i drive slow.
Slow and stock, that's how I roll!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by mot
i am slow.

We knew that already, mot!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX, tuned by Ed@EQ
on this same note, i saw two dark blue chevy suburbans take down a supra that was mashing at 100+ in between traffic on a friday night. this was around hwy680/237 area. the suburban nearly swiped me as i was in the second to fast lane, doing the speed limit, when this happened. it was all pretty chaotic, but the subruban had a full light bar on the dash.

+1 to the cops though, another crazy-*** young kid off the road.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by blue blurr
Not unless the scion was out there trying to race people, then it would.

It actually doesn't matter if someone calls you in for something as the cops can't do anything unless they see it happen. But of course, if another ON Duty cop calls it in (case of the scion) the black and white could theoretically do something about it.

This is actually a law and in the vehicle code. For a cop to pull you over, the car must have identification on the doors. So if a plain car ever tries to pull you over by law you don't have to or at least ask the plain car/clothed cop to radio in a uniformed cop before you will give up any of your information.
Right on
Old 08-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
A part of me can see this as a way to issue entrapment though. If they roll out a bunch of these things and they do drive aggressively, get ricer to race them, then all of a sudden CHP pulls ricer racer over and scion goes homefree, how will ricer racer even know?

Well, I don't race ppl, so i'm safe. But I do drive over 65 usually.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:49 PM

damn crazy story holy ****.

Quick Reply: Beware of CHP driving personal cars!!!