Bay Area official COP Sighting

Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 AM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
Bay Area official COP Sighting

Since I am noticing quite a bit of police activity with radar guns all over the Bay Area, I thought I would start a thread to have members post where they see or know of police hiding with radar guns.

Yesterday I saw one on motorcycle 580 west between Hacienda and Hopyard.
There is another one sitting on Dublin blvd in the IHOP parking lot hiding behind the bushes.

Please let us know where you know there are others.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:34 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
i posted the same thread 2 to 3 months ago
Old 04-13-2008, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
normally there is a bike sitting at the 76 station corner at hopyard/dublin blvd.

i hate that intersection. way too much traffic in dublin nowadays
Old 04-13-2008, 10:38 AM

now that you remind me, there is one on Dublin blvd near the civic center hiding behind the small bridge (motorcycle). i almost got a ticket once there.

also on 680 north right after crow canyon hiding behind the bushes (Police Car)
Old 04-13-2008, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by WagonTale
i posted the same thread 2 to 3 months ago
sorry buddy, did not mean to steal your thunder. i did not see a thread like that.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Seems like you can't even go +2 over the speed limit here in Dublin. I always see people pulled over on the stretch of Hacienda between Dublin blvd and the 580.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
sorry buddy, did not mean to steal your thunder. i did not see a thread like that.
all good man....theres been a crap load of them all over tazman and montague....keep your eyes peeled
Old 04-13-2008, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Seems like you can't even go +2 over the speed limit here in Dublin. I always see people pulled over on the stretch of Hacienda between Dublin blvd and the 580.
Evertime I see you post, I stare at your avatar for 10 seconds for some reason mesmerizing
Old 04-13-2008, 12:00 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Since theres no crime in Dublin, all they can do is bust people in the busy areas.
Last time I left Aura nightclub a couple Fridays ago, I pulled out of the parking lot onto Hopyard all the while my V1 was beeping & creeping up in intensity. I "checked both sides of the street" as I came to a stop at the sign and sure enough there was police cruiser (with no lights on) tucked down near the corner of Hopyard/Stoneridge. There wasn't a car behind me but there was a Nissan Pathfinder that pulled out before I did. So I pull out the lot onto the street, accelerate up tothe speed limit then kick the cruise control. As soon as I had rolled out the PD cruiser woke up and tucked in behind, the V1 was screaming, but I held at the speed limit. Figured the worst I was looking at was him not liking my tint or having dealer plates.
He was behind me about 2/3 of the way to Johnson drive , then he went around getting a good look at my ride, passed me...and pulled over the Pathfinder. I was like "sucks to be you" and noticed a second PD cruiser had joined in, possibly to try catching me speeding, but 'speeding on public streets is illegal'. So I held my legit speed, kicked it up some to merge onto 580W and the 2nd cruiser "walked on by".
Almost the same thing happened when I gave a buddy from NASIOC a ride to Dublin bart where his wrx was parked after we were out late in the city on Friday night.
Gotta love Dublin/Pleasanton PD.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:03 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Oh, and on 80 East/West going through Albany & El Cerrito the CHP congregate out at the Costco parking lot. They dont radar the freeway from there, but they do hang there between pwn's.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by Rescuer
Evertime I see you post, I stare at your avatar for 10 seconds for some reason mesmerizing
my plan is working! muhahahahahha
Old 04-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by Lboogie
Since theres no crime in Dublin, all they can do is bust people in the busy areas.
Last time I left Aura nightclub a couple Fridays ago, I pulled out of the parking lot onto Hopyard all the while my V1 was beeping & creeping up in intensity. I "checked both sides of the street" as I came to a stop at the sign and sure enough there was police cruiser (with no lights on) tucked down near the corner of Hopyard/Stoneridge. There wasn't a car behind me but there was a Nissan Pathfinder that pulled out before I did. So I pull out the lot onto the street, accelerate up tothe speed limit then kick the cruise control. As soon as I had rolled out the PD cruiser woke up and tucked in behind, the V1 was screaming, but I held at the speed limit. Figured the worst I was looking at was him not liking my tint or having dealer plates.
He was behind me about 2/3 of the way to Johnson drive , then he went around getting a good look at my ride, passed me...and pulled over the Pathfinder. I was like "sucks to be you" and noticed a second PD cruiser had joined in, possibly to try catching me speeding, but 'speeding on public streets is illegal'. So I held my legit speed, kicked it up some to merge onto 580W and the 2nd cruiser "walked on by".
Almost the same thing happened when I gave a buddy from NASIOC a ride to Dublin bart where his wrx was parked after we were out late in the city on Friday night.
Gotta love Dublin/Pleasanton PD.

yups. Gotta love Dublin PD. :|
Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 PM

well, if anyone in the san jose area, please let me know where you see cops. i go to san jose quite a bit and hate to be pulled over anything stupid. i hardly ever speed on the roads, but you never know.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Seems like you can't even go +2 over the speed limit here in Dublin.
Very, very true. I've gotten busted on Dublin Blvd. 2 blocks west of Hopyard (always a cop hiding around here). I've seen them on Village Parkway near Amador Valley, on Amador Valley, and Dublin Blvd. behind the bushes in the Toys R Us parking lot.

Also, in Pleasanton, saw a speed trap on Stoneridge near Santa Rita. And in San Ramon, there was one hiding behind the bushes in the Chevron Parking lot area on San Ramon Valley Blvd. near Bollinger.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi
Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
well, if anyone in the san jose area, please let me know where you see cops. i go to san jose quite a bit and hate to be pulled over anything stupid. i hardly ever speed on the roads, but you never know.
-capitol ave in san jose seems to be a hot spot for cops to pull people over.
-87 hwy....from north bound to south bound...
-85 hwy! by stevens creek and cupertino area
-280/680 and 101...right under the bridge
-taylor st. right before coleman (wing stop area)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bay Area official COP Sighting