Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by papakiet
FML?

Is it because you order mojitos?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:24 AM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
^^no..its because I'm not allowed to do that.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by papakiet
^^no..its because I'm not allowed to do that.
where do you bartend?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:17 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX STI
If you're an *** and order like that, you better tip HEAVY or be prepared to get short poured next time.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
where do you bartend?
Dunno if I should say.. I'm pretty sure there'll be some people on here and be like "ahhhh..that jerkoff is on here!" Then they'll go out and say "oh an STi! That jerkoff inside probably has an SRT 4..."

Originally Posted by MaxLipps
If you're an *** and order like that, you better tip HEAVY or be prepared to get short poured next time.
seriously.. I don't mind making them as long as I'm compensated for my time.. i could be making way more money at other parts of the bar

With all those dumb fruity drinks out there... I always say in the future...some new bartender is going to ask me .."hey, how do you make a jack and coke?" and I'll ask them... "WTF is a fuzzy monkey ball?!"
Old 06-05-2010, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 04 FXT
Those are awesome! ) Thanks for the link.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX sedan
Order like what? with the counting thing? Aside from the pointing and counting it was "can I have 5 mojitos"

I don't think the average customer has any idea which drinks a bartender likes or dislikes making more than another drink.

I know that thought has never once crossed my mind when I've ordered a drink... though I can't say I've ever ordered or drank a mojito, not a fan of rum.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:27 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX STI
Originally Posted by Concillian
Order like what? with the counting thing? Aside from the pointing and counting it was "can I have 5 mojitos"

I don't think the average customer has any idea which drinks a bartender likes or dislikes making more than another drink.

I know that thought has never once crossed my mind when I've ordered a drink... though I can't say I've ever ordered or drank a mojito, not a fan of rum.
Any drink that takes time too make should be compensated with a bigger tip. It takes time away from the easy drinks that you can pump out faster for more tops
Old 06-05-2010, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
From a non-bartender point of view those clips seemed like they were demonizing the bartender more than his customers.

On a side note: I sent this to my dad and he enjoyed it, because he always gets stuck making mojitos for my mom's friends when they have parties.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX sedan
Any drink that takes time too make should be compensated with a bigger tip. It takes time away from the easy drinks that you can pump out faster for more tops
Okay, but you said the way that person ordered, not what he ordered. I guess you didn't mean that, then?

I'm just trying to figure out what might get me scoring high on a bartender's hate-o-meter, (other than low$ tipped) so I can avoid it. I never even realized there was a hate-o-meter until today.

I don't think you'll find too many regular Joes who think in terms of the bartender's time when they order a drink. If my wife orders a drink, she has NO CLUE how long it takes to make, I guarantee it. It's not that she isn't considering the bartender's time, it's that she has no frame of reference. And I also guarantee she's not counting the seconds it takes to make her a mojito and comparing it to what it would have taken you to pop a bottle of beer up on the bar.

I think you may have an unrealistic expectation that's really just setting yourself up to be angry all the time when you're at work. Service industries (that are tipped) are tipped on a % of $total basis not a $ per unit time basis. I wish you luck changing the perception of society as a whole, but I don't think the forces that be are on your side here.

Last edited by Concillian; 06-05-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:51 PM

Car Info: WRX
That was a funny clip.
Nice find. I'm gonna watch the rest of them later.

So I tried making my own mojito today after seeing that. Ya, not exactly the quickest drink. But it was pretty tasty. Even my gf liked it. I can completely understand hating having to make those when you're very busy!

However, on the other hand. When I go to a bar or restaurant, i'm not going there to make life easy for the bartender. I don't intend to make your job hell, but hell i'm paying MY money to you to get a drink. If you feel like you're too good to do your job, then why bother getting a job? Not trying to step on anyone's toes. I'm just trying to take the middle ground. I understand both sides!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:02 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Whats a mojito?

<---still only 20
Old 06-06-2010, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Concillian

I'm just trying to figure out what might get me scoring high on a bartender's hate-o-meter, (other than low$ tipped) so I can avoid it. I never even realized there was a hate-o-meter until today.

I don't think you'll find too many regular Joes who think in terms of the bartender's time when they order a drink. If my wife orders a drink, she has NO CLUE how long it takes to make, I guarantee it. It's not that she isn't considering the bartender's time, it's that she has no frame of reference. And I also guarantee she's not counting the seconds it takes to make her a mojito and comparing it to what it would have taken you to pop a bottle of beer up on the bar.

I think you may have an unrealistic expectation that's really just setting yourself up to be angry all the time when you're at work. Service industries (that are tipped) are tipped on a % of $total basis not a $ per unit time basis. I wish you luck changing the perception of society as a whole, but I don't think the forces that be are on your side here.
nope..she's not counting the seconds.. but at some point she may wonder whats taking so long... the longer it takes.. the less that is tipped usually.

Originally Posted by D. Fantom
That was a funny clip.
Nice find. I'm gonna watch the rest of them later.

So I tried making my own mojito today after seeing that. Ya, not exactly the quickest drink. But it was pretty tasty. Even my gf liked it. I can completely understand hating having to make those when you're very busy!

However, on the other hand. When I go to a bar or restaurant, i'm not going there to make life easy for the bartender. I don't intend to make your job hell, but hell i'm paying MY money to you to get a drink. If you feel like you're too good to do your job, then why bother getting a job? Not trying to step on anyone's toes. I'm just trying to take the middle ground. I understand both sides!
I've learned to speed up my mojitos.. also.. the thing that bugs me about mojitos or any complicated drink for that matter is walking around my bar looking for ingredients.. if its not within arms reach.. its a PITA. if the mint was right next to me..it wouldn't be so bad.

Originally Posted by LOL Vtec
Whats a mojito?

<---still only 20
GOOD! just stick to the basics!

and as far as the hate-o-meter... the way I see it... be patient, say please and thank you, don't complain and smile Most of the time, I would rather serve the person that is nice and polite who tips not so well over the total jerk off who is demanding and rude despite his big tips.

I could go on and on about bar etiquette... but i think thats what blogs are for.. maybe we should create a bartenders thread

Quick Reply: the bartender still hates you