View Poll Results: what would you be willing to kick down for?
badic bbq. burgers and dogs.
26.00%
fancy bbq. ribs and chicken or whayever we can source.
6.00%
pizza
10.00%
sandwiches
2.00%
nothing well cook or bring our own
56.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

BAM 2k12: Bad news, need input immediately!

Old 09-15-2012, 01:44 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
BAM 2k12: Bad news, need input immediately!

O.k. so here's the deal. Good trucks all backed out. Last one backed out a couple hours ago. Pissed and I'll have a call to action later in regards to that.

What I need now is input and help in regards to feeding everyone.

1. Basic BBQ. Dogs. Chicken. Burgers. Crap like that. People pay to eat just like They would with the trucks.
2. We gather cash and order pizzas. It's been done before.
3. Your dad owns a BBQ company and will cone up and handle it.

Trucks are not an option. I've never seen such poor business practices in my life.

Basically... How many if you are gonna pony up say 5-$10 for a plate of food?

Any input? Any hero's?

Myself and a couple others ate busting hump to make this happen. We'll make fire. Bring foof but we'll need help cooking and need to know How much to bring and How much folks will buy.

I'm really sorry about this. I've done everything I can in regards to the trucks and so have several others. The trucks screwed us.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
The grilles up there are HUGE. We could potluck but than it would be nothing but bags of chips. I will gladly do BBQ baked beans but people need to be willing to put out a modicum of effort. I could start smoaking a briscut but that will only feed about 25 people. What is everyone else thinking?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
At this point I think it would be easier if we all just brought our own food.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
I feel like the simplest would be option one but then someone has to come out of pocket with even more $$ now

If we had more notice I could ask my friends family restaurant but they need at least 2 days to prepare
Old 09-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
I was planning on bringing my own food from start. But... I think people should just bring what they want to eat and BBQ it there, or someone orders pizzas and a couple people go and get them.

Definitely a ****ty situation.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:32 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Bit of a dilemma we have here. I wouldn't mind bbq'ing, and I would bring a few pounds of chicken, enough for a few people, but at the same time, I won't be there until 2 because of my game and I'm sure nobody wants to wait that long to eat. I think if each brings their own food, it would make things easier. Unfortunate that the food trucks decided not to go, but it is what it is.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
damn man that is crazy. i would be PISSED. You didnt have to give any of the trucks a deposit or anything did you?

This really complicates things. I think if we were going to BBQ from the get go, it would have been easier because the ticket price would have just been more than $5. At this point I wouldnt want anyone to have to come out of pocket to front the food with a bunch saying "ya ill throw in $X amount" and then no one does....

BYOF (bring your own food lol) could work but im not sure how many will see this thread before tomorrow morning.

The pizza could work (and you said it has worked) but again, its coming out of pocket and hoping everyone whos eating will contribute to the cost.

Man those trucks really know how to throw a wrench into things at the last minute. It basically comes down to trying to pick the "lesser evil" of the options
Old 09-15-2012, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Call little cesars pizza and order a **** load of pizza for tomorrow. At 5 bucks a box it would be worth it
Old 09-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by Javirex23
Call little cesars pizza and order a **** load of pizza for tomorrow. At 5 bucks a box it would be worth it
This honestly might be the best case.

I mean come on, $5 hot-n-ready pizza.

Charge everyone $5 for 2,3,4 slices. You end up selling each pizza for $10-15.
That would cover costs and also put some money on top for the charity donation.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:48 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
I usually bring my own food anyway. The main problem is going to be that a lot of people will not see this and come up expecting food trucks. No easy solution without someone fronting money sadly. Ray, I'll throw in another $50 if it'll help you guys out some.

-- Ed

Car Info: DGM BRZ
^^ Exactly. I wouldn't mind paying an extra $5 at the door for food. It's nothing serious and shouldn't be a problem for anyone. That's just me though.

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
Ave and I spoke about this. Sorry this had to happen but I can see why the trucks backed off being that it is a safety issue for the food trucks to go up the twisties and a lot of the trucks most likely can't make it up there. It is a really unfortunate situation.

At this point, I highly recommend just having everyone bring their own food. No one had to put in money to pay for food to begin with so at least you're not at a loss here. The money people would have spent on food would just go towards food or bbq of their own preference. There are grills there so they can cook their own food. Like the saying goes, "the show must go on." At least everyone is getting a heads up and know what actions to take. Plus, previous years, people always said that they'd prefer NOT to pay for the food and would rather bring their own... SOOOOO everyone is finally getting what they asked for! lol

Think of this as, a day in the park where you would have to bring your own grub anyway, the only difference is you'll be with a ton of great company and a whole lotta subies.

Try your best not to stress about this. You did the best you could and things happen, but things always work out in the end. The way I look at it, at least you notified everyone before it was too late. Better to let people know wsup so they can take action, rather than wait to see what happens tomorrow and get a ton of angry, hungry people lol.

Ave and I are still waiting to see if any of our hooks can still pull through last second, but let's not rely on that alone. We will keep you updated if things look up. =)

See you all tomorrow. Let's have have a fantastic time and make light of the situation. In the end, all that matters is this is going towards a great cause. ^_^
Old 09-15-2012, 02:51 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Welp texted every I-cluber I have the number for to post in this thread. I am willing to potluck or do pizza but lets make a decision by 5pm.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Churro Aficionado

Agreed, there should be a time limit so ppl can know what to expect tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
I'm on board with pizza or basic BBq or byof...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BAM 2k12: Bad news, need input immediately!