BAIC CHP Sightings

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:21 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by dSpec
92 West just before the San Mateo Bridge but near the last Hayward exit (Industrial Blvd.). It's the part where you climb over a ridge. The CHP car is on the right shoulder with the front end of his car poking out of the bushes.

Very risky location since he's tracking your speed WHILE you're driving downhill from that ridge, sometimes possibly increasing your speed.

I commute home usually around 6pm-7pm on weekdays and he's usually there.
Yeah there is almost always chp parked there at the clawiter onramp..morning afternoon evening and night haha

The sneaky one is there is sometimes one parked right after the toll booth westbound, on the lefthand side parked behind a building in the middle, so as you accelerate out of the toll you won't see him until its too late
Old 08-07-2012, 07:36 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Originally Posted by slugrx
Yeah there is almost always chp parked there at the clawiter onramp..morning afternoon evening and night haha

The sneaky one is there is sometimes one parked right after the toll booth westbound, on the lefthand side parked behind a building in the middle, so as you accelerate out of the toll you won't see him until its too late
I've never seen that one before!

A few times I've seen them on the eastbound side on the shoulders where you can emergency park, straight up pointing the radar gun at people.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 AM

Yeah they are usually there...drove over one morning there was a cruiser in each pull out...

Also one sits at the end of the incline westbound right as the bridge ends
Old 08-07-2012, 12:24 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
V1 + Laser Interceptor

Old 08-21-2012, 04:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Today, Tues, 21 AUG @ 12:30pm
I-80 East in Vallejo
CHP cruiser & motorcyle "team" at the top of the onramp of the American Canyon Rd/Hiddenbrooke Pkwy exit

As I rolled past, the motor-cop was just rejoining his spotter giving him a big thumbs up. Looked like they were having a very productive workday! Always be mindful of your speed thru the Vallejo-Fairfield corridor. Last week, there were actually a few patrollers out working this section mid-morning as well.

But in this instance, they were camped out for at least an hour. My folks said they saw them sometime later.

K E E P

C A L M

A N D

M O T O R

O N
Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Today, Tues, 21 AUG @ 12:30pm
I-80 East in Vallejo
CHP cruiser & motorcyle "team" at the top of the onramp of the American Canyon Rd/Hiddenbrooke Pkwy exit
Yep, I see those guys on top staring down east bound all the time. Pretty impossible to spot if you're going east bound there.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:48 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
CHP motorcycle team spotted on Bay Bridge I-80W shooting LIDAR right after the S-curve at the Treasure Island turnoff. They're obviously trying to catch people breaking the 40MPH S-curve speed limit.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:16 PM

Car Info: AW STI 05
i see one everyday....lol my dad
Old 09-04-2012, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Today, Tues, 04 SEP @ 12:40pm
I-80 East in Vallejo
I spotted a motor-cop getting onto the freeway at the American Canyon Rd/Hiddenbrooke Pkwy exit. I didn't see any other LEOs he might have been teamed up with. Maybe he was just doing his usual loop of patrolling & speeder-nabbin' () along the Hunter Hill-Red Top Road corridor.

P.S. I hope everyone was safe & sensible over this past holiday wknd. Checkpoints abound! I was the DD on Fri nite when a few of us went to my buddy's lounge grand opening.

Last edited by boardoholic; 09-04-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Originally Posted by Lurk
CHP motorcycle team spotted on Bay Bridge I-80W shooting LIDAR right after the S-curve at the Treasure Island turnoff. They're obviously trying to catch people breaking the 40MPH S-curve speed limit.
i see these just about every weekend. CHP got ***** to catch ppl on the fast lane with a buncha cars on the freeway.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:13 PM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
2pm 101N parked deep under the 92 overpass
Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
Prolly not affecting anyone but me, but here goes...

On 580 west in Castro Valley every evening around 6:15, one CHP cruiser sometimes sits in pullout right as road curves left and BART fence opens up, at bottom of grade into east end of CV, or then they moved west under next overpass in the shade, but now everyone knows these spots and they are sitting in shade of sound wall behind a tall road sign's post as everyone fights the setting sun in their eyes. Yesterday he was standing outside his car and shooting LI-RADAR from behind the sign (those giant 2-foot diameter jobbies) post, car was crammed against sound wall.

Last edited by oaklandish_WRX; 09-05-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: derp
Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by oaklandish_WRX
Prolly not affecting anyone but me, but here goes...

On 580 west in Castro Valley every evening around 6:15, one CHP cruiser sometimes sits in pullout right as road curves left and BART fence opens up, at bottom of grade into east end of CV, or then they moved west under next overpass in the shade, but now everyone knows these spots and they are sitting in shade of sound wall behind a tall road sign's post as everyone fights the setting sun in their eyes. Yesterday he was standing outside his car and shooting LI-RADAR from behind the sign (those giant 2-foot diameter jobbies) post, car was crammed against sound wall.
Well, just when I think they can't move any further west - he does. Last night about 6:45 the chippy was parked, get this, in the end of the on-ramp merge between the 580 west slow lane and the on-ramp lane! It was barely wide enough for his cruiser to site in.

I have never seen a cop park there on a FWY unless it was an emergency/wreck. He was out of the car, no less, and radar-ing us as we stared into the sunset. Seems very reckless if he has to suddenly accelerate into traffic when cars could be on the on-ramp as well as the slow lane blinded by the sun.

Guess his boss told him to go play in traffic and he took it literally.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by oaklandish_WRX
Well, just when I think they can't move any further west - he does. Last night about 6:45 the chippy was parked, get this, in the end of the on-ramp merge between the 580 west slow lane and the on-ramp lane! It was barely wide enough for his cruiser to site in.

I have never seen a cop park there on a FWY unless it was an emergency/wreck. He was out of the car, no less, and radar-ing us as we stared into the sunset. Seems very reckless if he has to suddenly accelerate into traffic when cars could be on the on-ramp as well as the slow lane blinded by the sun.

Guess his boss told him to go play in traffic and he took it literally.
Its probably the same guy who sits at the end of the E14th/mission onramp onto 238west right before the 880 split...I saw a truck getting on with his inside wheel riding the white line and almost hit the cruiser squeezed in between the line and the retaining wall
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx
Its probably the same guy who sits at the end of the E14th/mission onramp onto 238west right before the 880 split...I saw a truck getting on with his inside wheel riding the white line and almost hit the cruiser squeezed in between the line and the retaining wall
this chippy =
Attached Thumbnails BAIC CHP Sightings-such-idiot.jpg  

Quick Reply: BAIC CHP Sightings