Awesome Road near Livermore

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Overbear
Yea because the cops have enough resources and manpower to patrol every road and every possible spot.
Where did I imply that?

Some guys like certain roads for different reasons, smooth pavement, lots of hairpins, goat trail etc. They like to go back to what they like, I know if I find a nice smooth road with lots of sweepers I'm going to be a bit bummed if someone wads it and the CHP is lurking because of it. Posting said road on heavily trafficked forums only increases the chances of that happening. It would be worse if the next closest alternative is a half a day trip to get there and back.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I do you one better.

Crème de la crème if you ask me.
+1, just way too damn fast.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Impreza TS Wagon
I use to love Patterson Pass, several years ago - but after 3 near-misses on that road (one which would have sent me flying off the road and down a hill), I've just given up on driving on that road at all. It's just too narrow, with too many blind corners, for me to feel comfortable on.

People need to realize that they can't go around a 15-25mph blind corner at 40mph, down the center of a one-lane road.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I do you one better.

Crème de la crème if you ask me.
lets touge some time jourdan!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 05 18g LGT Wagon | Former 08 LGT Spec.B
Can I join you guys? I've only done that drive 1 time, but it was a blast! Except for the 10mph parts through town =p
Old 03-08-2010, 11:08 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Hwy 49, south of Auburn.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
ok people stop posting maps before this goes too far. Posting roads of any kind is useless. People that have respect for mtn roads are those who spend hours on google earth looking for them and exploring to find their buried treasure. Lets keep it that way.

I live on ********blankety blank blank road, and have only encountered 2 LEO on it over the past 7 years so thank you for your cooperation

Originally Posted by Overbear
What the hell is wrong with posting up fun roads to drive?
QFT

Originally Posted by international B
+1, just way too damn fast.
QFT
Old 03-08-2010, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by AVATAR-X
I use to love Patterson Pass, several years ago - but after 3 near-misses on that road (one which would have sent me flying off the road and down a hill), I've just given up on driving on that road at all. It's just too narrow, with too many blind corners, for me to feel comfortable on.

People need to realize that they can't go around a 15-25mph blind corner at 40mph, down the center of a one-lane road.
As long as you are going with the flow of traffic and are really careful on weekends it isn't that bad. In the afternoon, traffic during the week is always going into Tracy. So as long as you are going that way, the chances of you seeing a car head on are slim to none. I used to take the road a lot working in SJ and living in Tracy. And also, said road has already been talked about.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...patterson+pass
Old 03-08-2010, 05:59 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I'm just telling about a nice drive... someone want to go out there are drive it like a moron... well you'd probably do that anyways
Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
Patterson Pass is cool. I drive and ride my CBR on it. Plz, watch for motorcyclists on that road. Its very dangerous. Stay as much on your side of the road as you can..
Old 03-08-2010, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
I have a few that are even better than highway 9. There's less traffic and really sweet views of the Northern California Coastline or coastal redwood forests. Share 'em with as many people as you want and I deficate on the nonbelievers. I'll give away my subi the day these roads start being heavily patrolled by law enforcement.

http://tinyurl.com/drivebearriverridge
http://tinyurl.com/driveshowerspass

There's some dirt here and I'd recommend not going alone just in case you run into issues. Sometimes there's a locked gate so I recommend running south from Orick. You can get a free permit and the combination to the lock

http://tinyurl.com/drivehoopaloop

This one is less scenic and not really a mountain road so much as a back country pass. Just avoid the 4pm-7pm time slot and be careful of kids when going through the one town.

http://tinyurl.com/drivefieldbrookrun
Old 03-08-2010, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Impreza TS Wagon
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
So as long as you are going that way, the chances of you seeing a car head on are slim to none.
That's the problem, given a large enough frequency of doing something, even a slim chance adds up. If even one car is coming the other direction, you WILL meet up with them at some point, it's a certainty.

Like I've said, I've had 3 incidents where someone nearly hit me dead on/ran me off the road - and that's with me being really cautious around all of the blind curves/crests, during the middle of the day.

If they widened the road to two lanes or they made the road unidirectional, I'd drive PP everyday. It's an awesome road, in theory, but in practice it's an accident waiting to happen.

Same goes for Calaveras, Rd.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:59 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Don't drive fast unless you can stay on your side. You better expect to scratch your passenger side paint on sticks and bushes.

Tourists think they own the road if there is no yellow line.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM

Car Info: WRX 04
Would never suggest doing it alone.
And be aware that the 395 section is HEAVILY patrolled as is the 95 bit.
Oh... and watch out for range cattle on the road.
Yeah... and there is one single lane spot (grin).

Eastern Sierra Fun Drive

(and while you're out there.... that region has some of the best fast dirt fire roads in California.)
Old 03-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
all those roads are too far away, i used to hit up alhambra all the time living in 925.
now i'm in sf and i have no place to go for a drive

as for posting roads, some are nice enough to help through pm, i remember posting "nice roads" thread and i got flamed on but Pete(psoper) did help me by sending me details via email.

Last edited by Jin; 03-09-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Awesome Road near Livermore