Auto-X - Round 3 - Golden Gate Field - 03-09-08

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Results are up. I didn't do too bad. A little more practice and I think I'll be in good shape.

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results...p/round03.html
Old 03-10-2008, 04:25 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Sportwagon
Man, I was totally out of control on my first two runs, spinning out and everything. Treating the accelerator like an on-off switch doesn't work well on a slippery track My final run I took what I learned from reading comics and controlled my throttle from 2 to 8 different levels

Ironically, my fastest time was when I took out the timing lights at the end (dunno how that happened.. I definitely took out cones)..
Old 03-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by drtofu
Man, I was totally out of control on my first two runs, spinning out and everything. Treating the accelerator like an on-off switch doesn't work well on a slippery track My final run I took what I learned from reading comics and controlled my throttle from 2 to 8 different levels

Ironically, my fastest time was when I took out the timing lights at the end (dunno how that happened.. I definitely took out cones)..
Just need to learn to catch it sooner. Sometimes a full release on the gas pedal is needed. It was something I'm Kevin work on, to just let it go and understand whats happening. Eventually he'll release the right amounts, it will be 2nd nature.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Who are Gilbert Noel and Leo? and are Gilbert and Noel on I-club?

3 fast brothers, thats awesome.

And there was an Ariel Atom there!?!!!
and a 69 Corvette getting a 48.9!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 PM

Car Info: vtak mota
gil, noel and leo are fast brothers hahaha..

they drive a blue 2.5 they are both fast both have nationally competitive cars and SKILLS ... i believe gil is on here i fergot what his username is.

why u on this thread kyle.. werent u talkin shyt earlier hahaha jk
Old 03-10-2008, 10:47 PM

haha if you call announcing about not needing membership and 4 runs and longer runs talking S*** then yeah

...spilt milk...

nothing wrong with attracting customers... its all business.

I want to see the Atom get TTOD! whats up with that

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 03-10-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:23 PM

I have a question for all you veterans. So, for my first run, I spun out going through the lights. However, I didn't hit any cones. Is it wrong for me to take my time get through the area without knocking over any cones? I thought I had a pretty decent run, and I didn't want to tally on penalties, or DNF'ed because I go cut through the cones at the end of the course?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
Who are Gilbert Noel and Leo? and are Gilbert and Noel on I-club?

3 fast brothers, thats awesome.

And there was an Ariel Atom there!?!!!
and a 69 Corvette getting a 48.9!
I'm the 4th De Los Reyes according to Ben, lol
Old 03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Old School

haha if you call announcing about not needing membership and 4 runs and longer runs talking S*** then yeah

...spilt milk...

nothing wrong with attracting customers... its all business.

I want to see the Atom get TTOD! whats up with that
the ATOM was driven by a multi national Champion. So I guess it's not as awesome as some thought. (still awesome though)

Gilbert is the one that owned house at that rained out UFO event, the monster RS with the 285 race rubber.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 96 Chevy Impala SS, 06 GMC 2500HD (former 02 WRX)
Originally Posted by darkonion
I have a question for all you veterans. So, for my first run, I spun out going through the lights. However, I didn't hit any cones. Is it wrong for me to take my time get through the area without knocking over any cones? I thought I had a pretty decent run, and I didn't want to tally on penalties, or DNF'ed because I go cut through the cones at the end of the course?
To not get a DNF, you still need to complete the course AFTER the lights. This is up to, and past, the timing slip guy/gal.

You should try and recover from the spin and move on as quick as you can in a safe manner. As in, no burnouts or donuts but don't sit there and drive like an 80 year old Grandma either . You don't wanna be sitting there if the next car isn't paying attention and the course workers didn't red flag in time.

Gilbert De Los Reyes I believe is "madlib" on I-club. Not sure how often he logs on. And yeah ALL of the De Los Reyes brothers are FAST
Old 03-11-2008, 02:13 PM

oh ok ive seen him. awesome RS. pretty cool wing too. What a cool name for brothers, sounds intimidating haha

Well i guess i'll cross the Atom off my 3rd car list and go for the daily drivable Exige haha.

Originally Posted by darkonion
i dont know what your saying, but when you spin out your run is useless time wise.

the only place i see DNF's usefull are like at Duel At Deanza or a RallyX where the sumn of your laptimes are used for a final result. You know as much as i do though.

If i spin out, i re enter upstream and go at the same pace as always once safe... no sense in driving the rest slow since youre there for practice. But dont be a UFO'r and drift all over the place and knock out even more cones

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 03-11-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:18 PM

oh ok ive seen him. awesome RS. pretty cool wing too.

Well i guess i'll cross the Atom off my 3rd car list and got for the daily drivable Exige haha.

i dont know what your saying, but when you spin out your run is useless time wise.

the only place i see DNF's usefull are like at Duel At Deanza or a RallyX where the sumn of your laptimes are used for a final result. You know as much as i do though.

If i spin out, i re enter upstream and go at the same pace as always once safe... no sense in driving the rest slow since youre there for practice. But dont be a UFO'r and drift all over the place and knock out even more cones
I spun out going through the lights. So... the time is already set. Now, I just need to go through the rest of the course without tallying any more penalties.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Old School

I just looked again and my time was only .018 off the Atom. He must've been having a bad day, cause I'm not National Champion material.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:39 PM

maybe the Vtec was b0rked
Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Sportwagon
the only place i see DNF's usefull are like at Duel At Deanza or a RallyX where the sumn of your laptimes are used for a final result.
Not sure is this is what you meant, but for a rallyx, a DNF usually translates to the slowest time that run + some seconds, so it'd still probably be worth it to save the run.. but there's always the risk of getting rear ended by the incoming car.

Quick Reply: Auto-X - Round 3 - Golden Gate Field - 03-09-08