Apparently, you kids are all a bunch of Private Pyle's, minus the cool psycho part.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 AM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Army Infantry basic is still decent imo. When I went through 5 years ago, Stress cards were for softer MOS jobs. If you think softer training in basic is bad, My biggest pet peeve would be co-ed basic training, recruits ****ing in stairwells and having sex with drill instructors. That has always disgusted me with the Armed forces. How can you take training seriously when you're boning your drill. When I was in Airborne school I heard of other people telling these stories and was like WFT?!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:17 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
Army Infantry basic is still decent imo. When I went through 5 years ago, Stress cards were for softer MOS jobs. If you think softer training in basic is bad, My biggest pet peeve would be co-ed basic training, recruits ****ing in stairwells and having sex with drill instructors. That has always disgusted me with the Armed forces. How can you take training seriously when you're boning your drill. When I was in Airborne school I heard of other people telling these stories and was like WFT?!
THe new Army, brought to by Democrats!!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:27 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Make sure you crank the volume & watch in full screen.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:30 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
^^^

I obsessed over that movie in high school. Navy boot camp was pretty much a laugh in comparison. Although, my DI's didn't find it as amusing as I did
Old 03-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
Great vids!!

The DI's were always hilarious, though they never intend to be, thats just how it works
Mine was almost a foot shorter than me, so he was always screaming UP at me or at my chest, and I couldn't help but giggle every once and a while LOL
Old 03-26-2010, 02:42 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Electra
Great vids!!

The DI's were always hilarious, though they never intend to be, thats just how it works
Mine was almost a foot shorter than me, so he was always screaming UP at me or at my chest, and I couldn't help but giggle every once and a while LOL

You were in the Marines!?!?!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:00 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Electra
Great vids!!

was that a giggle, or a jiggle? either way i bet he enjoyed himself.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned

You were in the Marines!?!?!
Don't faint! lol
Not exactly, but close. Not as many guns though

Originally Posted by irrational x
was that a giggle, or a jiggle? either way i bet he enjoyed himself.
You'll never know!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:56 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
I was reading about this. They were saying that in the real environment, you can only do certain scenerios and you are limited by personnel and budget to hhow many times you can do it. In the virtual environment, you can do any scenario, any amount of times. Sure its not real world comnbat, but it does show and has been proven to demonstrate proper tactics in specific scenarios.

Pilots do it, why shouldnt soldiers?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by subaruwrx

My guess would be muscle memory and sensory training. There is a big difference between clearing a building a video game, sitting on your ***, versus actually doing it.

Pilots train that way because it is almost identical to what they're expected to do in their plane minus actually being in the air.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:21 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by subaruwrx
There's no need for a Wii infantry.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
I love how you can tell by the generals comments hes completely disgusted with all this and also having to make this press statement, and yet hes still trying to frame it in some sort of semi-positive light, though he still does come off a bit condescending. This quote just begs for more elaboration...

"They're different. They have a technology edge. I think they're smarter than any generation we've ever had before," he said. "They certainly ask a lot more difficult questions."
If I may...

"Where's my UAV radar map located?"

"I don't see the green names above the rest of the platoon, is something wrong with my HUD display?--wait where is my HUD display?"

"Do I lose points for friendly fire?"

"Sarge Im hit! Wheres the respawn!?!"

Old 03-27-2010, 03:00 AM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Found this interesting news report on the Army using bonuses to bribe recruits into joining. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=261_1188336610
Old 03-28-2010, 04:50 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by Lurk
The Army lowers its standards because they need the numbers. The Marine Corps doesn't, thankfully.

When my friend told me about the "stress cards" that the Army gives out to recruits, I LOL'd.
Ya when I heard of the stress cards I couldn't believe it. I'm in the ****ing air force and we don't even have that BS.

Originally Posted by Krinkov
I love how you can tell by the generals comments hes completely disgusted with all this and also having to make this press statement, and yet hes still trying to frame it in some sort of semi-positive light, though he still does come off a bit condescending. This quote just begs for more elaboration...

If I may...

"I don't see the green names above the rest of the platoon, is something wrong with my HUD display?--wait where is my HUD display?"

"Do I lose points for friendly fire?"

"Sarge Im hit! Wheres the respawn!?!"

Man I've seen some fatty fat fat grunts here in Okinawa but damn thats a huuuuuuuuuge *****!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by Krinkov