Anyone listen to Live 105 this morning? (Bad mouthing Subys)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:13 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
email 1
I've given you 2 years, but this was the last straw...

How can you not call Subaru's a sports car? You make it sound like you haven't done your car research sine the 80's.

Do you know what the World Rally Championship is? Subaru has been winning it since the 90's and competing with other brands, such as the Mitsubishi Evolution (keyword there) these cars evolve through competition and are then released to the public to buy the next year. Car companies HAVE TO sell to public the same exact car that they race.

My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cFX3dgB4BA

Ken Block's (DC shoe owner) Subaru's Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB4RSKvufak
(lets see your 335 do that)

WRC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5jZluytOOo
(yes thats snow, its even faster on tarmac. 1998 FYI)

Don't talk **** unless you know whats up.

Hope you found Subydude helpful with your wheel purchase

Thank God Greg and Menace are keeping that show afloat.

-kYLEMtnCRUZr
Tony replied:

lol....the "last straw" for you is a disagreement about a car? HA. I guess everyone has their tipping point huh Kyle? ha ha ha ha ha........
Then i served them with:

Driving is my life. Just like comic books are your life. You'd feel the same way if i called it a paper book of kid drawings. Its one thing for Woody to ruffle peoples feathers on a daily basis, which makes for good listening, but its another to do it on an ignorant level.

Just something that I, and about 1000 other Subaru drivers are talking about on i-club, a Subaru Forum.

Its funny that you guys said you'd never see a Subaru in Fast and the Furious. Thats a total compliment and the Subaru community is flattered. Fast and Furious is everything that responsible racers don't want to be.

And you said "its not a roadster" Do you realize there are subarus that beat exotic and muscle cars on a daily basis on Youtube? look it up sometime.

Would you consider a Mustang GT a "roadster"?
...then you might enjoy this drag race...Subaru is the white one FYI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGtX...eature=related

Funny thing is Subaru's were not built to go straight, they were built for off road and on road turns as found in WRC...note the video is from like 1995, Just to prove how long they've been ruling this area.
Crank up those speakers...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRqjuLg7DY

And WRC practice from recently...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFav5BPpv0U

That is the only reason Subaru is a company today.

-kYLEMtnCRUZr
Then erection, i mean Woody replied:

It's all good dude.....I'm all about being able to agree to disagree. For the record, I'm not into comic books either. That's Tony. You DO KNOW that we're talking about cars here right? I mean seriously......relax. lol.

It may "technically" be considered a sports car.....but not to me. I don't care what the stats on the car is........I never said they weren't nice cars, or that they're ****......only that I don't see a Subaru as a "sports car".......I guess it depends on what "sports car" means to you. A Kia may have a 1,000,000,000,000,000 horsepower engine in it....and to me....a KIA will never be a sports car. Again, just an opinion.

That's all I got dude. Again, we can agree to disagree. I know that's not very "bay area"......but oh well.

Woody
Then i said:

Tell Greg i love him.

And SUCK IT!

-kYLEMtnCRUZr
Old 07-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by brucelee
whoa! WHOA! Damn man, you must be either cheap or really lazy... jk of course.

All I have is a nice MP3 deck that I got for $100 (after discount and sale)

I have about 40-50 gigs of music, mostly rock of all sorts and a ton of trance (greatest driving music ever!)... I burn compilation CDs with the tracks in random order however still in genre order... I use the same CD for about a month before I burn a new one with fresh songs, rinse, repeat.

I cant listen to people talking on the radio... when Im in my car, Its ME and the CAR, last thing I want is someone blabbing a bunch of nonsense...

I'll either listen to music load when I'm in a stressful commute and zone all the liberal douches in Berkley/East bay until I can get to the Polameras Exit off 580E, then its windows down, music off, and sound of the subie. I don't drive super fast hamilton style like we used to to 8-9 years ago before some of you were here but I think Gagan remembers it... but yeah, just "spirited" enough to make a motorcycle go try to keep up (Im sure he could pass me at this pace but it wouldnt be safe at all
damn ive got like 27 gigs.. my ipod got stolen from my car (about a year ago)and havnt gotten around to gettin a new one..just put all my songs onto my gf's and take hers lol.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
cal

Car Info: 03
nice kyle. way to stick up for i-club.

but I kinda agree with woody in that fact that the brand isnt generally known to be a sports car company like porche, etc.

But car enthusiasts know all about our cars so we usually tend to get respect from other sporty cars on the road, just not every person in the general public.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:46 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
but woody said Subaru did not make a sports car. and subaru wasnt a sports car.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:01 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
but woody said Subaru did not make a sports car. and subaru wasnt a sports car.
It's not a sports car in any traditional sense. Some people don't even consider my car a sports car. Usually sports cars are defined as compact and stylish two seaters with above average average performance.

Besides, who cares what Woody thinks about Subarus. He admittedly knows nothing about cars. Some of you took this way to cereal.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Originally Posted by darkonion
When was this?
in the first hour of the show, i think around 630-645ish
Old 07-21-2008, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
yup, you were the one they were talking about on the air. (Kyle)
Old 07-22-2008, 07:09 AM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Speed Element
Vanessa and Katie pillow fights FTW though
Vanessa just got fired on air.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:51 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
^^what happened there, i must have missed it, why'd she get fired, she was pretty cute
Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Did they really fire her or were they just joking? If they did fire her it's because she broke her ontime to work streak. I know they threatened Brian with that when he was their phone screener and he was never late again. So I dunno if they truly fired her or not.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
whoa! WHOA! Damn man, you must be either cheap or really lazy... jk of course.

All I have is a nice MP3 deck that I got for $100 (after discount and sale)

I have about 40-50 gigs of music, mostly rock of all sorts and a ton of trance (greatest driving music ever!)... I burn compilation CDs with the tracks in random order however still in genre order... I use the same CD for about a month before I burn a new one with fresh songs, rinse, repeat.

I cant listen to people talking on the radio... when Im in my car, Its ME and the CAR, last thing I want is someone blabbing a bunch of nonsense...

I'll either listen to music load when I'm in a stressful commute and zone all the liberal douches in Berkley/East bay until I can get to the Polameras Exit off 580E, then its windows down, music off, and sound of the subie. I don't drive super fast hamilton style like we used to to 8-9 years ago before some of you were here but I think Gagan remembers it... but yeah, just "spirited" enough to make a motorcycle go try to keep up (Im sure he could pass me at this pace but it wouldnt be safe at all
I never listened to house or trance until I met Daniel... changed my life!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by WagonTale
^^what happened there, i must have missed it, why'd she get fired, she was pretty cute
I just heard, they give the phone screeners 3 times to be late. After that they are fired. This was her third time, so she's fired.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by WagonTale
She was always late. That job takes a lot of responsibility. Party animals and having to show up to work at 5AM, 5 days/week doesn't work.
Here's the video, its right in the beginning. http://www.justin.tv/thewoodyshow/16...22_2008_part_1

Last edited by spoolinwrx; 07-22-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I never listened to house or trance until I met Daniel... changed my life!
I love you man!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I love you man!

Quick Reply: Anyone listen to Live 105 this morning? (Bad mouthing Subys)