i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Anyone listen to Live 105 this morning? (Bad mouthing Subys) (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/anyone-listen-live-105-morning-bad-mouthing-subys-188192/)

cal 07-17-2008 10:04 AM

Anyone listen to Live 105 this morning? (Bad mouthing Subys)

I was listening to the woody show this morning at work and they had a topic of 'car brands with the worst drivers'.

I believe subaru was #2 and they started going off about how they're not fast and how the host's step dad had one and he thought it was super fast when they're not.

They went on to say that you'll 'never see one on the fast and furious'.

I tried finding the clip on their website but I guess it's too early. Anyone else hear this?

Max Xevious 07-17-2008 10:08 AM

I would be happy with Subarus not being used for FNTF as well :)

chimchimm5 07-17-2008 10:10 AM

Are you saying they thought they were proving their point by saying Subaru's are not on FF?

jimmy04wrx 07-17-2008 10:13 AM

i heard the morning clip of them talking about the worst walk of shame, but i didnt get a chance to hear this. i dont think any of them has driven or ridden in a suby, thus their ignorance.

Onizuka 07-17-2008 10:14 AM

I think their idea of Subaru is the Crocodile Dundee era of advertisements for the Subaru Outback.

stupidchicken03 07-17-2008 10:16 AM

NO! haha funny thing is... the first F&F has a wrx...not as a main car but in the background and the second F&F where they pull into the warehouse and then all the cars scatter out.. there are a few scoobs there too

Lorry 07-17-2008 10:29 AM

Bear in mind that this is the same Woody who said that he'd like to open his car door (illegal - potential manslaughter/murder) to stop motorcyclists lane sharing (legal) past him.

This guy gets off on rattling peoples' cages. Just ignore him. Getting worked up will just encourage him to new heights of idiocy.

Tele-Viper 07-17-2008 10:44 AM

God that show sux.

FW Motorsports 07-17-2008 10:51 AM

Sweet Hey Zeus....who ****in cares!?!?!?!?

PikkaGTR 07-17-2008 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2260101]Sweet Hey Zeus....who ****in cares!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

couldn't have said it better myself!

Lboogie 07-17-2008 11:06 AM

Woody knows jack squat about cars, he's too busy complaining, stealing other ppls material , & bein a pot head. I can easily live in a world without the Woody show.

Adam Carolla is a big fan of the WRX/STi , is a bonafide car guy, and we all actually know who he is.

bluwrxwgn 07-17-2008 11:21 AM

Adam Corolla sucks testicles!!! I like the Woody show. I love the fact that he rattles people's cage. Stealing bits? Please pretty much everybody in radio has used bits that other people have used and when he does literally rip a bit from somebody he gives them the credit. And he's also, not a pot head. You must be a T man fan.

And yea he knows nothing about cars. The whole show, knows nothing about cars. Their idea of Subaru's are Foresters and Outbacks. Not WRX's and STi's. He even said, the only reason he owns a 335i is because when test driving the salesmen told him to punch it and he liked the power. Does he know anything about the engine or what horsepower it has? Nope, does he care, no. Will he ever care? No. Maybe it's because I'm from the East Coast so I relate to his personality better, but it's by the far the best morning show in the Bay Area.

Shagon Wagon 07-17-2008 11:21 AM

I thought Adam Corolla was a nissan guy... doesnt he have a real nice 510?

kyoung05 07-17-2008 11:23 AM

I personally LOVE the Woody show, and think that it is leaps and bounds better than that POS idiotic Howard Stern show. I love how they don't fit the typical liberal hippy "bay area" mold, and that alone is enough for me to listen to them. If you've ever listened to them doing new stories regarding the death penalty, self defense, etc. and other "hot button" issues, their views are more or less in line with mine (i.e. blasting those hippy Berkeley tree-sitters out of those trees with fire hoses).

Regarding cars though, yes, that is one area that they lack knowledge in. It does get annoying at times when they talk about the miata being a gay man's car, how they can't even change their own oil, how the Chrysler 300 is cool, etc. But, if you've ever listened to the "T-Man" or Chewy in the morning, you'll probably find yourself switching back to 105.3 in no time.
________
[URL="http://www.vaporshop.com"]Mmj Vaporizer[/URL]

joltdudeuc 07-17-2008 11:24 AM

That show and the one on Alice, sucks