Anyone know a good lawyer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
i bit into a recess pieces once when i was younger, only to have a little maggot type thing crawling out. i spit out my food and nearly threw up.

i don't think i've had recess pieces in over like 12 years now
Old 06-05-2006, 11:12 AM

Car Info: Black wingless STi/Black 07 A3/Black 07 C230
ah yes, the american way

i doubt the settlement would even cover he lawyer fees. try jim rogers the peoples lawyer.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
ish, theres a reason they call it by-products

I suggest reading the article pleiad7 posted...and I'm sorry to say that purina is not exempt from the nastiness that is your average dog food. The really nasty part about the road kill being put in is that if its a dog or cat, the colar is not taken off.

Like pleiad7 also said, innova/CA natural (same parent company) is a great food. Its great quality ingredients without all the crappy fillers. Not only do the cheapo brands put in crappy "meat" but they use wheat as a filler so they can put in less meat and lower the production cost. The problem with this is that it'd be like a person living off twinkies their whole life. Innova/Ca natural don't put in crappy fillers. In fact, ca natural has very few ingredients so its very pure. Your dog with be a lot healthier on it and you'd see a great improvement in its coat.

EDIT: my dog get high quality kibble and canned food that is 95% duck in the morning and 95% rabbit at night....bastard eats better than I do :rotfl:
Old 06-05-2006, 01:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 BLQ WRX WGN
Yes, the american way.

The company hasn't called me back.
I'm waiting to hear what they say. All I know is that I don't want some ****ing free dog treats out of this.

It wasn't that my dog would eat it, it's that I was playing with the ****ing treat and shoving it in Neil's and my own face and i almost licked it. It's a dry cookie treat, guys... not some meat (it apparently is made with chicken fat and whatnot) squishy treat.

I've dealt with maggots twice before in my life. On patient's wounds. Now, if you can imagine the mental imagery that conjures up in my mind when I look at the bag of small dog treats of similar consistency... well...
Old 06-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Mikkito
Yes, the american way.

The company hasn't called me back.
I'm waiting to hear what they say. All I know is that I don't want some ****ing free dog treats out of this.

It wasn't that my dog would eat it, it's that I was playing with the ****ing treat and shoving it in Neil's and my own face and i almost licked it. It's a dry cookie treat, guys... not some meat (it apparently is made with chicken fat and whatnot) squishy treat.

I've dealt with maggots twice before in my life. On patient's wounds. Now, if you can imagine the mental imagery that conjures up in my mind when I look at the bag of small dog treats of similar consistency... well...
don't avoid my question!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:24 PM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
Originally Posted by MBasile
and I'm sorry to say that purina is not exempt from the nastiness that is your average dog food. The really nasty part about the road kill being put in is that if its a dog or cat, the colar is not taken off.
That is sooooo nasty...

Also, have you ever noticed that they use propylene glycol for sweeteners in commercial dog treats (for example in Purina training treats)? That's automotive antifreeze, for cryin' out loud!

It's really eye opening to turn over the package and read the ingredients before buying.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:46 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
did you just say Neil is in town?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
don't avoid my question!
yes, he is in town
Old 06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by ish
yes, he is in town
sweet! Bring his *** to UCKK
Old 06-05-2006, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
My dog eats cat sh*t and Loves to chew on rotting dead things more than anything else in the world. Hasn't killed him yet. Animals don't really care what they eat as long as it keeps them going. So if I saw my dog chewing on maggots, dead mice, or god forbid some chicken brains, cow tails, horse ***** or whatever else migh find it's way into his Science Diet,...I couldn't care less. By the way, no matter what kind of "natural diet" you feed your pup, when you're not looking he's still licking the sh*t off his own ***. That's right,...with the same tounge he licks your face with...lol.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:37 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
All I know is that I don't want some ****ing free dog treats out of this.

You probably shouldn't have been shoving a dog treat in someone's face.

Nothing happened, and you caught it before your dog could eat it (not like he would have cared), and the only really bothered person is you, so if it makes you happy, go ahead and raise a stink. I'd sleep it off, though.

Maggots are actually pretty clean, and they eat rotting and diseased flesh. That's why they're still used in medical treatment. Heck, they still use maggots in England and apparently here in America, too. http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-maggots_x.htm

Heck, in Italy, they eat maggot infested cheese called Casu Marzu. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu
Old 06-05-2006, 06:50 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by yayitzian
i bit into a recess pieces once when i was younger, only to have a little maggot type thing crawling out. i spit out my food and nearly threw up.

i don't think i've had recess pieces in over like 12 years now
its REESE'S man!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
If you ever need an attorney for any reason, here's the best way to get one:
www.legalmatch.com

I found a traffic attorney using the site.