Anybody a real estate agent?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 04:08 PM

Anybody a real estate agent?

If so, how hard is the test?
Old 12-08-2003, 05:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
From the real estate agents I've met, it can't be that hard.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
i hear its pretty easy to become a real estate agent.... you plan to work alone or under a real estate company? cause if you just apply, some places will pay for your real estate training and test.. i was interested in taking the test... one of my friends took it, and he said, if you can pass middle school you can probably pass the test... so i assume its easy
Old 12-08-2003, 07:08 PM

I'm planning on getting the license and then we'll see what happens. I don't really want to become an agent, but I want to do something in real estate.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
I took the class and passed the exam last year, and was gonna work for this firm in Oakland/Berkeley.. but after finding out I have to shell out more money for "better outfits" just to meet "potential" clients, I just gave up. Not to mention I was driving a stiff *** GC/wrx hybrid.. the broker suggested me to trade my car in for a "smoother" ride, i.e an accord or camry. hhahaa screw that! IMHO, this business is about brownie points, the more brown nose you get, the more likely you will succeed. Too bad, that just ain't me!

however, I did gained some useful knowledge in Real Estate after taking the course. I think it is a must if you plan on buying a house or invest in real property.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:28 PM

my mom says its a snap good luck with it. its open book too. good luck she did the internet test.

chris
Old 12-09-2003, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by 1fastGC
I think it is a must if you plan on invest in real property.
Bingo!

Was that firm you were with in commercial real estate or residential?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
The actual test for the state can actually be a PITA. Goto Allied at http://www.realestatelicense.com/ i believe and get the study package for your real estate exam.

Im not sure the what needs to be done for a real estate license but i do know that for Sales and mortgage broking licenses you take an open book madatory pre-exam from a licensed tutor (such as allied via internet) the exam is called a principles test and has almost nothing to do with the state real estate exam if i remember correctly.

Once you take that exam they email you a certificate of principles completion...then you have a calender year to take the state exam and get your license. People have studied from the principles exam and failed the actual state exam because a lot of the material verbage is different. most people i knew paid the state exam fee and failed just to get and idea of what was on it....then took it again and passed

I work for a mortage company btw...

eric
Old 12-09-2003, 10:29 AM

Oh, I've taken all the required courses already, including Principles of Real Estate, Real Estate Practice, Accounting, Business Law, etc.

I am under the assumption that the open book online test that Chris and Eric talked about is for the Principles course?

Because I thought the state license exam and broker's license were closed book exams that you have to show up to a certain place to take the test?

But yah, I am planning to taking the test, and see how I do. If I fail I might enroll in Anthony's School in sf. I just don't want to spend the $400 tuition fee just yet
Old 12-09-2003, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally posted by TurnWRX
Oh, I've taken all the required courses already, including Principles of Real Estate, Real Estate Practice, Accounting, Business Law, etc.

I am under the assumption that the open book online test that Chris and Eric talked about is for the Principles course?

Because I thought the state license exam and broker's license were closed book exams that you have to show up to a certain place to take the test?

But yah, I am planning to taking the test, and see how I do. If I fail I might enroll in Anthony's School in sf. I just don't want to spend the $400 tuition fee just yet
then it sounds like all you have to do is take the State Exam... there's so any ways to go about doing it that it gets confussing. maybe you should call the state dept.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by Sisqocqk
People have studied from the principles exam and failed the actual state exam because a lot of the material verbage is different.

Yah my professor told me about this. He had friends who worked as corporate executives at companies who also failed the test several times. He told them they're thinking about the answer too much. For example, if the question asked if a Chandilier was a fixture or not, the answer is that it would be a fixture. But the person would also think, yah but if the contract discloses the fact that the chandilier is not part of the property for sale, then it would not be considered a fixture because it would be moved from the premises. Thinking too much about what if's and stuff caused those smart persons to actually fail the exam.