Any1 running Prosport Gauges??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Boost_Creepin
gotta love prosports...
That looks sweet!..

Care to Elaborate on Part Numbers?..And also is yuor Boost Mechnical or Electric?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 PM
banned

Car Info: slobaru
Its the premium Series 52mm Gauges.
I have since switched the gauges, and am running the prosport premium series 52mm Boost Gauge, EGT Gauge, and Prosport Wideband Gauge.
Great for the price IMO!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Car Info: '03 yellow bugeye wagon
What people fail to consider is accuracy. Have you guys taken it to a tuner to see if the readings on these are, in fact, correct?

I have heard horror stories of having a bunch of different gauges installed in succession and each one read something different.

Not trying to crap on them or anything, but I feel its something to consider.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:21 PM

Correct me if Im wrong..but aren't all gauges off buy a little?..
Old 02-26-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Boost_Creepin
gotta love prosports...
This is not directed towards u, but to the OP.

one of the worst things about smoked lenses are the glare (see pic above). When the sun's shining, good luck trying to read it.The sun's not even shining on the gauges and there's already glare.

I have a Prosport Volt gauge and when I got it alongside my Omori boost gauge, the quality of the Omori is just light years better. Prosport gauges is made out of plastic everything, whereas the Omori has a metal casing. The Prosport has lousy instructions (literally says nothing and shows u generic kindergarten-grade pictures) and lousy wiring whereas the Omori has good wiring and detailed instructions.

Plus the font on the Prosport may "look" better over the dull looking Omori font, but the Omori font is much easier to read. Plus I have no problems with glare whatsoever with the Omori. The Prosport one is difficult to see when there's a lot of sun and a lot of glare.

As for price, u can't beat the Prosport, but u get what u pay for...cheap parts.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:24 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI~ 504HP
Thanks for all the great input
Old 05-11-2009, 08:28 AM

We are always here if anyone has questions/concerns/comments

Ryan
727-572-9011
Old 08-28-2009, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
This is not directed towards u, but to the OP.

one of the worst things about smoked lenses are the glare (see pic above). When the sun's shining, good luck trying to read it.The sun's not even shining on the gauges and there's already glare.

I have a Prosport Volt gauge and when I got it alongside my Omori boost gauge, the quality of the Omori is just light years better. Prosport gauges is made out of plastic everything, whereas the Omori has a metal casing. The Prosport has lousy instructions (literally says nothing and shows u generic kindergarten-grade pictures) and lousy wiring whereas the Omori has good wiring and detailed instructions.

Plus the font on the Prosport may "look" better over the dull looking Omori font, but the Omori font is much easier to read. Plus I have no problems with glare whatsoever with the Omori. The Prosport one is difficult to see when there's a lot of sun and a lot of glare.

As for price, u can't beat the Prosport, but u get what u pay for...cheap parts.
Couple of things.

Our Instructions have been revised 6-8 months ago.

I can not comment on Omori gauges, But we havent had any customer call and complain about the body, bezel or quality overall on the gauges. .

We use the latest Swiss stepper motor movements/ Air core and electric components, nothing cheap here. Most other companies use single bulb designs, Our gauges come with Built in LED's on the back board.

If you had trouble seeing the smoke series we do offer a clear lens. Maybe you have a drop top