Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 09:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Honestly, there was one woman riding up the hill when I was heading in that looked incredible. She made it all worth it.
Speaking of incredible women, anyone see the older lady riding her bike with no bra and band aids over her nipples??
Old 07-17-2005, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX Blue
No shirt?
Old 07-17-2005, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
i was the one behind him and i was the one that stopped everyone. He lives in my neighborhood. I dont even know how it exactly happen but we werent going fast. I guess he didnt anticipate it was a tight turn and went in too fast. He is OK so thats all that matters.

[QUOTE=pink-i-wagon]
Originally Posted by kitsune713
Was he the one we went to Starbucks with? Regardless... I'm glad to hear he's OK.

Yeah, that was him.
I think the only people that saw it happen was him and a guy on a mountain bike. The guy on the bike was, like a lot of other people today, trying to call 911. There's no cell service up there, so I doubled back to the gate to get the rangers to call out the EMTs.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
who is the tool that decided it was smart to back up into a blind turn???? thats what i want to know....
Old 07-17-2005, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI
Originally Posted by itwrx
No shirt?
A button up shirt that was open
Old 07-17-2005, 09:46 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
i know...haha but rather no say in public.

Originally Posted by DLUX WRX
who is the tool that decided it was smart to back up into a blind turn???? thats what i want to know....
Old 07-17-2005, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by blue blurr
I wouldnt say he was driving like a jackass, I mean he went fast, but i guess i can understand why he went fast. The only thing i see was that he started backing down the hill i guess trying to find a place to turn around.
Where you there in the car with him??? What was he thinking!?!? He really had no reason to be up there and then also could have endangered his life and anyone elses that was coming up behind him. had he been there 2 minutes later in that same spot his rear end would have been totaled by the sherriff coming up the hill in the durango.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:59 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by lin_tp2
i know...haha but rather no say in public.
was it yepez?
Old 07-17-2005, 10:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by SuzWRX
Speaking of incredible women, anyone see the older lady riding her bike with no bra and band aids over her nipples??
:rotfl:

I think I missed that one. The woman I saw had her younger daughter riding behind her. And she only looked incredible from behind - her back was awesome.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by blue blurr
I was asked to come along by someone who was going up there, and i said sure only because i didnt think it was a big deal and because i didnt think there were many people already up there.
yeah, but your buddy was told to stay inorder to not over crowd the area. he still went up and then tried to pull that reverse through a blind turn move.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:15 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by DLUX WRX
yeah, but your buddy was told to stay inorder to not over crowd the area. he still went up and then tried to pull that reverse through a blind turn move.
its yepez, he is a pro driver
Old 07-17-2005, 10:18 PM
VIP Member

go figure... wish i had a video camera to record the whole thing. it was scary and funny at the same time. you got atleast 4 people telling someone to NOT go in reverse and they still go. it was all about saftey for himself and everyone else on the mountain.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:18 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally Posted by 1hotRN
I do have something to say about the drivers who pass the over into our lane...........Jerks! We are on motorcycles are you trying to kill us? Slow down..........you could kill someone who someday could save your life. He was very Very lucky he didn't die today.......letty 1hotRN www.curveunit.com
Sorry to hear that. I saw a few people going over the yellow too. Were you with the group up at the observatory in the morning before all the cars started to show up?

At any rate, I saw basically everyone breaking rules today (I went pretty fast too, but stayed within the lines and gave the bikes and motorcycles all the courtesy I possibly could). Bikers, Motorcyclists, Drivers, even some truck that I have no idea why it was even going up the road... (we had a couple of motorcycles nearly go head on into us around a couple of blind corners on Mines road, we were as far to the right as possible, but they were leaning into the turns and it was pretty damn close)
Old 07-17-2005, 10:39 PM

I used to ride bikes in the canyons. I'm sure more than a few on here do now. Only an idiot consistantly gets out of his lane. The biggest problem is peer pressure making them push beyond their limit. Doesn't matter what you're driving.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:41 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
There are always two sides to a story. I thought it was one of my friends since I hadn't seen a few of them since they had departed on a "drive," which we all know can be spirited and reckless.

My friend Sean Blurr was there w/ me at the LIC booth, but scanning the parking lot I didn't see 4 others. And I saw several people depart on a drive up the mountain 30 minutes before. Knowing that at least two of my friends went up with them, I was going to go up there anyway to make sure it wasn't any of them. I offered Kevin the EMT a ride but he rode w/ someone else.

As you know last year one of the forum members crashed his STI on the mountain a couple turns up from where Johnson rolled. I was in the car when he crashed and knew that part of hamilton is especially dangerous because of the long drop off cliffs. If it werent for the runoff there we would have rolled several times and probably gotten seriously injured. I take stuff like this seriously and once I heard that someone crashed, let alone rolled off the road, on the drive, I wanted to make sure that there was nothing I could do to help, and to make sure that it was not one of my friends in trouble.

And about the reverse--I was trying to get out of their way as fast as possible, and I didn't feel confident enough in my reversing abilities to make a U turn without hitting Gagan's car and another truck which were blocking the turnout. Once they moved their cars, I made my U turn and headed back to Grant park. So following the ranger's directions, I just moved my car away from the scene as fast as safely possible while letting others by and worried about making a U turn later.

That said, it was my right to go up the mountain, and I did what I felt was right in moving myself clear from the scene to the best of my judgement and abilities. I didn't do anything illegal or stop anyone from doing their job, so there was no harm done.

That is all.

Quick Reply: Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?