Any stores that sell HID kits?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by 07wrx4life
I haven't even received anything saying that mine have shipped ...
look at the replies here
http://wrxmodders.com/forums/viewtop...e92d5e566ee5c6

one guy says he's still waiting after 9 days, and another said they were kinda pissed when he called them up.

I hope your ships out since you ordered when I did.

and for some reason they shipped mine with "signature required" O_O normally you don't need a sig for such a low priced item I hate when people do that.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:48 PM

found this on the webpage http://ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

12.9.08 Update: Apexcone Ballasts will be in stock around the middle to late next week and begin shipping from oldest to newest. You will receive tracking once your item leaves our warehouse.

maybe this is still affecting the shipping for your orders
Old 12-18-2008, 10:57 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Originally Posted by Rescuer
look at the replies here
http://wrxmodders.com/forums/viewtop...e92d5e566ee5c6

one guy says he's still waiting after 9 days, and another said they were kinda pissed when he called them up.

I hope your ships out since you ordered when I did.

and for some reason they shipped mine with "signature required" O_O normally you don't need a sig for such a low priced item I hate when people do that.
Sounds like they are either backed up or under staff. As for disputing paypal payment, I think it's too early for you. It has been only a week since you ordered? Took them a week to ship. Sounds like that's what they advertised on their web. I just want to know their quality of the product. I don't want to find them blow after a few minutes or days. Let us know once you get them.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:17 PM

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100651

Someone's comment on DDM hid kit.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:17 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by willow
Sounds like they are either backed up or under staff. As for disputing paypal payment, I think it's too early for you. It has been only a week since you ordered? Took them a week to ship. Sounds like that's what they advertised on their web. I just want to know their quality of the product. I don't want to find them blow after a few minutes or days. Let us know once you get them.
Actually the owner, Jim had emailed me shortly after my payment on Saturday the 13 and said the 55w's were in stock an that he would ship it on Monday, which is why on my invoice he put a special note to ship on monday with his initials
he sent me the invoice in PDF format.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:24 AM
VIP Member

seems like they have startup problems. I'll Let everybody know my experience after I put mine in.

The guy over here is supposed to be installing his today http://wrxmodders.com/forums/viewtop...e92d5e566ee5c6
Old 12-19-2008, 10:27 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Well, thats the glory of the lifetime warranty - if they don't work, send 'em back!

I will at least be keeping the harness that I bought from them; so no love lost even if the HID kits turn out to be a dud.

As far as the people who are having trouble with them; hey you really do get what you pay for - if you want a system that works 100% and is second to none - you're better off getting STi HID headlights.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by R-Dub
Well, thats the glory of the lifetime warranty - if they don't work, send 'em back!

I will at least be keeping the harness that I bought from them; so no love lost even if the HID kits turn out to be a dud.

As far as the people who are having trouble with them; hey you really do get what you pay for - if you want a system that works 100% and is second to none - you're better off getting STi HID headlights.
Yeah, I see what you are saying. I'm very tempted to get their kit, but I don't want to buy a problem. Hope, I get to see good review from above members. I'll wait.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:58 AM

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I'm very tempted to get their kit, but I don't want to buy a problem. Hope, I get to see good review from above members. I'll wait.
I get mine on Monday, will probably install it same day.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

OAKLAND,CA, US 12/19/2008 12:34 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

So close, but I won't get it till monday
Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

got my package and the harness i paid for was not inside. they ignored my two emails so I had to send them a third today....

one of the boxes inside does say H7 4300k, but nothing says 55w. so i sure hope that the ballasts are 55w

if they don't reply to my emails this week then i'll have to file a claim with paypal

*edit
found this online http://www.therpmstore.com/images/apexbox35s_pic2.jpg
mine does look like the 55w, so that's good

Last edited by Rescuer; 12-22-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
update:

biggsean installed them.. here are some pics:
http://wrxmodders.com/forums/viewtop...=221470#221470

he seems very happy.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

just saw this on their site:

Update 12/22/08: We are currently shipping about 1 week behind on order date due to the enormous volume our sale pricing has generated. We are suspending most sales for the moment in order to catch up on backlog. As soon as we get caught up, you can expect to see somme more relaxation on pricing. We are sorry for the delays at the holidays. We appreciate your patience. Unfortunately, we never know how many orders we will get and we attempt to ship as fast as possible. The backlog has caused a large increase in calls from customers to check their orders. This causes us to have to assign people to answer these calls, cutting our ability to ship. All of us at DDM Tuning appreciate your business and being able to give you remarkable pricing. We apologize for the delays. We are working hard to keep people on the assembly line and have been airfreighting in more goods to fill orders. We look forward to continuing to serve you with better pricing in 2009.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:24 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
I got the HID's today and I am very pleased. Luckily I got the chance to use them on the 17 on the way to Santa Cruz. I am very happy.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:37 AM

Got them last night, too late to install before my dinner party so I just threw the harness in and tested the bulbs/ballasts.

First impressions: WOW talk about bright and clear. The 4300K are PURE white and lit up my garage like the 4th of July. I cannot WAIT to get these installed!

Quick Reply: Any stores that sell HID kits?