Another Ticket Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:16 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
Another Ticket Question

I recently got a ticket on I-5 somewhere around Elk Grove when I was heading to Tahoe. Long story short, he wrote me for 2 violations:

22356(b) CVC - Exceeding 70mph Speed Limit
22107 CVC - Unsafe Turning Movement

I am researching and have 2 questions. Hopefully someone can help me:

1) So will it be 2 pts since there are 2 violations? So even if I get traffic school (I haven't had one for more than 18 months), the traffic school can only remove 1 pt and I will still be stuck with 1 pt?

2) He wrote me to appear in a Sacramento court with a date (non-misdemenor), is it possible that I reschedule it to a San Jose court since I live in the South Bay?

I am still waiting on the mail in about the bail etc, and I will give them a call about going to a San Jose court. But I guess some one here should be able to give me some info that's why I posted first...

Thanks all!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 PM

Car Info: 2004 STi
chances are if you contest the ticket since you were in Sac area and want to get it switched to San Jose they will probably do that, and more than likely the officer wont show so then they'll just throw out the ticket...... but theres always a chance he'll show up.... so just be careful
Old 01-24-2007, 08:47 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Yeah, only one point will be removed from your record. He'll ask you which one you want to go to traffic school for, obviously go for the speeding one.

Most counties won't let you switch courts to make an appearance. I had to go to Downey to resolve a ticket because the court would not let me bring it back up here.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:53 AM

Car Info: WRX STi
Originally Posted by silvergga
22107 CVC - Unsafe Turning Movement
What unsafe turning movement were you performing?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Want to steal my car?
I get stabby!

Car Info: 05 Wrx Impreza
Originally Posted by mudman
What unsafe turning movement were you performing?
Drifting?...lol
Old 01-24-2007, 10:13 AM

Car Info: 04 wagon
For "22107 CVC - Unsafe Turning Movement", it was the code for no signal during lane change.

Thanks for the info guys. I will go ahead and research more and weigh my options. I usually don't mind going to the court for a reduced fine, and then pay for traffic school to avoid the point. Now that he wrote me for 2 pt and I would still be stuck with 1 pt even after I pay the fine and go to traffic school, I will need to think more about it.

Last edited by silvergga; 01-24-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Remember you can contest by writing first.. and if that fails you still get a chance in court.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
contest by writing.

then go to court. If you loose get traffic school. if you go to traffic school I think both points will be removed as they are on the same ticket.

I had one last year where I got popped pretty hard for a similar deal. Passing with 30 feet of an intersection and 88 in a 65. Traffic school knocked both off.

either way do traffic school as 2 points kills insurance rates...1 not so much.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:38 PM

Car Info: 2007 STI
ehh.. you have to appear in sacramento court first.. appear there.. then they talk a bunch of crap sayin theyll transfer you to... san jose.. i think you have to do that first. =X
Old 02-02-2007, 07:27 AM

I just received another ticket for speeding. Said thing is a month I went to traffic school for another ticket. So unless the record has not be updated yet and they let me go to traffic school I am pretty much dead. I saw on the city webpage that for Contra Costa County they allow you to take a second in class 12 hours traffic school to get the ticket dismiss if you are within the first 18months can anyone verify that?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:40 AM

Car Info: 03 Cummins, 99 miata, 91 v8 miata, 90 spec miata
Originally Posted by wagonrex
I just received another ticket for speeding. Said thing is a month I went to traffic school for another ticket. So unless the record has not be updated yet and they let me go to traffic school I am pretty much dead. I saw on the city webpage that for Contra Costa County they allow you to take a second in class 12 hours traffic school to get the ticket dismiss if you are within the first 18months can anyone verify that?
Yes, it's called Level 2 traffic school. It is two consecutive 6 hour saturday classes.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:43 AM

The officer wrote the wrong year of my car he put 93 instead of 03. Can I get the ticket dismiss since the wrong information is written?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
^no

22107. No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course or move
right or left upon a roadway until such movement can be made with
reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate
signal in the manner provided in this chapter in the event any other
vehicle may be affected by the movement.

And 22108 reads:

22108. Any signal of intention to turn right or left shall be given
continuously during the last 100 feet traveled by the vehicle before
turning.

So, you might be able to argue that if there was no other vehicle near enough to have been effected by the movement the signal was un-necessary. However, this is NOT a universally accepted argument and it might backfire on you.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM

Car Info: 03 Cummins, 99 miata, 91 v8 miata, 90 spec miata
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I too was recently written up for 22107. I'm not sure if it pertains to what I had been doing wrong though...

From what I read in the law and now in this thread, it is for using a turn signal. It was a rainy day and I took a right hand turn at about 20 mph and the rear end let out a little, actually kind of a lot. I corrected and was fine, never left my lane since the road is wide. There was an officer coming down the road that I had just made the turn on to so he flipped a ***** behind me and wrote me up for 22107.
Is that the wrong violation? I'm trying to figure out how I am going to fight it.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
First of all you have one stike against you. Don't say anything about your valiant attempt to correct your oversteer. This violation is more serious than the one you were charged with. Second, as with anything, are your guilty or not guilty of the charge? Did you signal? Can you prove it?
Lastly never take unsolicited legal advice.

Quick Reply: Another Ticket Question