Alliance Credit Union worst loan company ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I go through patelco. Been there about 11 years. Nothing but good experiences.
+1 I've had good experiences there as well
Old 09-17-2008, 03:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I used to be a CommonWealth member, and they always treated me right and I never had one complaint. I did hear bad things though. Any auto loans I used to have were through them. Never heard of Alliance. The person I bought my Spyder from was with Patelco and they said great things about them. Buying the car was really easy.

One thing I will say though - I had a car loan through WFS Financial in SoCal. A roommate of mine had a loan through them too. They are the worst financial company I have ever dealt with. I have been lied to, hung up on, etc from people there. They have sent my old roomie late or non payment fees and such because they changed their payment address and didn't notify anyone - stuff like that. Calling the (ever changing) phone number on the payment slip often resulted in disconnected numbers or automated phone systems that would not let you speak to someone.

In my situation, I sold the car and it took them SEVEN MONTHS to get the title to the new owner. I called them sometimes daily and got different and sometimes conflicting stories from people - so many different BS reasons about why it was going to take "another 2 weeks" to get the title. I spoke to a "manager" called "Frankie" who smugly told me that there was nothing they were going to do for us because they didn't have to, and then hung up on me. What happened was WFS Financial lost the paperwork sent to them an held up the title release because of it. I had a signed slip for the delivery, and they denied they recieved it. Once we got everything together and threatened them with legal action, they "found it" and sent everything through, and then denied that there was ever an issue. These people just bought a car from me, but now they have become friends and we have hung out together over the holidays - brought together by the BS that is WFS Financial. They have a great rating on the BBB, but everything I have ever heard about this company is inline with my experiences and my friends.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
I do my banking business with Bank of Mattress and Hole in the Backyard Financial.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Good to hear Tech Cu is somewhat good, been with them for 4 years now. I would go to Patelco since my Parents got it from LLNL but I decided to use Tech CU instead. At one time or another I was with Bay Cities CU and they would not give m a Credit Line higher then $1,000 when WaMu offered me a Platinum Account CC with a $3,000 Line of Credit So I left them and looked around until I foound Tech CU

As I said somewhere else, good luck to you bro. See you around

-Gio
Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
If anybody needs help with stuff at Tech CU, let me know since I work there. But if I can't help, I'll at least try and get the answer to your questions.

Cheers,

p.s. good thing about Tech CU is that it still has never had a negative earnings quarter in the entire time it's been open (since 1960). Conservative board and leaders at the top, but at least it kept Tech CU out of the whole subprime debacle that is still going on...
Old 09-19-2008, 12:22 PM

Car Info: E46 M. E36 M. E30. SW20. 92 VWCab.08 Civic HYBRID
Originally Posted by Akira-R
I've been with Alliance CU for over 15 years. I actually just purchased a new car and got a loan with little to no effort.

In fact, they always seem to have some of the better rates available amongst banks/cu's.

If the guy gave you crappy service, i'd write up a well thought out letter and deliver it to the branch manager.

+1...best rates IMO and ease of approval. My E46 M loan is through them...so far no issues
Old 09-19-2008, 01:59 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by toofast4u2
Worst service ever!!!!! They act very cocky and won't let me get a loan for my car payment even though we have perfect credit. I want everyone to know this so they don't recieve business. I will tell everyone I know not to go through them. Worst service I have EVER recieved. I am a fellow college student trying to go to school and get somewhere in life, but without a car getting to school and back especially night classes is really frustrating!! Mark there Loan Manager is a joke!! Can't believe they are still in business...
hmmm..... reminds me of a post i read somewhere....

OH YEAH!!!! HERE IT IS!!!!!

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/insuranc...pany-ever.html

get your license back yet?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:21 PM

The plot thickens.........

They followed their proceedure, and you got denied. So was the crappy service before or after they told you no license, no loan?

I still recommend you write a well thoguht out letter and hand deliver it to the branch manager.