Alliance Credit Union worst loan company ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 PM

Car Info: Black 2006 STI
Alliance Credit Union worst loan company ever!!!

Worst service ever!!!!! They act very cocky and won't let me get a loan for my car payment even though we have perfect credit. I want everyone to know this so they don't recieve business. I will tell everyone I know not to go through them. Worst service I have EVER recieved. I am a fellow college student trying to go to school and get somewhere in life, but without a car getting to school and back especially night classes is really frustrating!! Mark there Loan Manager is a joke!! Can't believe they are still in business...
Old 09-17-2008, 01:21 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Alliance and Commonwealth Central CU are notoriously poorly managed and I have seen their lending portfolios, and they reflect upon that.

I would also advise those with accounts at Washington Mutual to get ready for either a buy-out (most likely by JP Chase Morgan or Citi Group) or Chapter-11.

The financial market right now is shaping up to have a face off between Wells Fargo and Bank of America for commercial banks/thrifts.

Be forewarned.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
I have had good experience with Valley Credit Union in San Jose as well as Bay Federal Credit Union down in Santa Cruz.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by DetailAddict
I have had good experience with Valley Credit Union in San Jose as well as Bay Federal Credit Union down in Santa Cruz.
Yet another poorly managed Credit Union - their CEO resigned amid inter-office scandal from what I have gleaned.

And they are now under conservatorship with the NCUA:

"As you may know from recent media reports, the California Department of Financial Institutions placed Valley Credit Union under the management of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) on September 2, 2008, in an action referred to as a conservatorship. NCUA now exercises oversight for all areas of credit union operations. NCUA and the credit union’s management team will work in concert with the California Department of Financial Institutions, who took this action in order to protect member assets and maintain confidence in the institution. The NCUA is a federal agency with a long and successful track record of maintaining the financial stability of credit unions in these situations and will act to protect the assets of the members of Valley Credit Union."
Old 09-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
wow! didn't know about that... then again, i only had an account with them for short period of time about 3 years back when I refinanced my mortgage through them...

Originally Posted by R-Dub
Yet another poorly managed Credit Union - their CEO resigned amid inter-office scandal from what I have gleaned.

And they are now under conservatorship with the NCUA:

"As you may know from recent media reports, the California Department of Financial Institutions placed Valley Credit Union under the management of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) on September 2, 2008, in an action referred to as a conservatorship. NCUA now exercises oversight for all areas of credit union operations. NCUA and the credit union’s management team will work in concert with the California Department of Financial Institutions, who took this action in order to protect member assets and maintain confidence in the institution. The NCUA is a federal agency with a long and successful track record of maintaining the financial stability of credit unions in these situations and will act to protect the assets of the members of Valley Credit Union."
Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 PM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
I'm with KeyPoint CU, been there for years and have had good experience with them.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:51 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
we have Fireside Auto. we're not too happy with them, can't wait til the loan is paid off
Old 09-17-2008, 01:52 PM

I like Keypoint, they are solid. Meriwest, Travis and now that TechCU is probably going to merge with Meriwether CU we are going to start to (hopefully) see an age of Credit Unions as banks start to fumble.

And if you still have a mortgage with Valley CU : I have this piece of advice - GET OUT. NOW.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM

I've been with Alliance CU for over 15 years. I actually just purchased a new car and got a loan with little to no effort.

In fact, they always seem to have some of the better rates available amongst banks/cu's.

If the guy gave you crappy service, i'd write up a well thought out letter and deliver it to the branch manager.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:56 PM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
I like Keypoint, they are solid. Meriwest, Travis and now that TechCU is probably going to merge with Meriwether CU we are going to start to (hopefully) see an age of Credit Unions as banks start to fumble.

And if you still have a mortgage with Valley CU : I have this piece of advice - GET OUT. NOW.
Good to know. I've had a couple of car loans with KeyPoint and I personally wouldn't take my business elsewhere!

Ever since I joined a credit union, which is going on 6 years now, I have never been with a "commercial bank." After hearing/seeing all the current news, I'm glad I stuck with only KeyPoint.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:00 PM

Car Info: nothing
i got my car loan from Cal State central credit union. a 19k loan, and i'm 21
Old 09-17-2008, 02:01 PM

Almost everyone who becomes a member of a Credit Union never go back to commercial banking.

Soon though, people will see the future of financial security and realize it's not at the FDIC.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Almost everyone who becomes a member of a Credit Union never go back to commercial banking.

Soon though, people will see the future of financial security and realize it's not at the FDIC.
Bingo!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I go through patelco. Been there about 11 years. Nothing but good experiences.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:23 PM

Patelco is another great Credit Union with plenty of history.

I wasn't surprised that when Valley begged them to buy them out they refused, as did Tech CU.

Quick Reply: Alliance Credit Union worst loan company ever!!!