About to Install a Godspeed Inlet

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:21 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
this video might be helpful:
Old 06-05-2013, 03:53 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Originally Posted by 1JavaBlk_in_Sac
Thats what ive been watching repeatedly, the part where he discusses that brass extension is what confuses me.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Superusdm
Making the connection to the compressor is the most frustrating part so just take your time.
This needs more emphasis

My perrin inlet was a ***** to get onto the compressor housing because it wasnt long enough to even reach...had to have a friend push it forward as hard as he could to get it over and clamp it at the same time. And even then it kept slipping off the turbo. POS.

Last edited by awdorgtfo; 06-05-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by awdorgtfo
This needs more emphasis

My perrin inlet was a ***** to get onto the compressor housing because it wasnt long enough to even reach...had to have a friend push it forward as hard as he could to get it over and clamp it at the same time. And even then it kept slipping off the turbo. POS.
This is what I've heard, but Ill have a buddy and some WD40 so it should help the situation out a bit.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:48 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by runboyrun
This is what I've heard, but Ill have a buddy and some WD40 so it should help the situation out a bit.
Wd40 will not help if the inlets fitment isnt perfect. All it did for mine was make the clamp slip off repeatedly.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Wd40 will not help if the inlets fitment isnt perfect. All it did for mine was make the clamp slip off repeatedly.
I was specifically talking about the inlet to compressor housing fitment.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
Only use the wd40 on the outside of the inlet to get it through the manifold. Or some other silicone spray.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by awdorgtfo
Only use the wd40 on the outside of the inlet to get it through the manifold. Or some other silicone spray.
ya im going to try and avoid getting it inside it.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:29 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
My Perrin inlet fit well, so I guess I lucked out. It's hard to pull the inlet over and around the compressor inlet because it will be all bent up like in the video. I used a coat hanger bent like an "L" at the end to pull the inlet tube over to the compressor.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 PM

So I got it installed. I started at about 2 and ended at about 530. I was on my way to being done in less than an 2 hours but I started running into random vac lines that popped out during my struggle, and a pain in the *** blue T connection in front of the manifold that had one of its vac lines cracked a little bit.

The hardest part was definitely getting the old one out. I had to hammer/dremmel at it for awhile before finally getting it out. The new one was in within minutes after wiping it down with WD40, the fitment wasnt too bad on the turbo end, the real hard part was connecting it to the intake. The metal connector piece that godspeed supplies is way too big for the oem ribbed connection so I got a little ghetto and just took it out and put the inlet over the intake and sealed it with a worm clamp not too tight.

I think im going to just replace all the vacuum lines next, they seemed to all be cracking or are just hard as a rock. Im looking at the vibrant vacuum hose kit, hopefully that will have all that I need, otherwise ill probably just buy the hose as I need it.

Also the BPV hose, that was a bit difficult, I originally put the nipple in inlet to slip the BPV hose on but the area was to tight to get it on, so I put the nipple in the Hose first and then worm clamped that on and it slipped right in perfectly.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:34 PM

Car Info: http://goo.gl/XpkO0b & '99 SF 'S'
I would do this when removing the Downpipe, and then just take the turbo off, it's a little extra work but it's not hard to take the turbo off since you've already taken the down pipe off. Once the turbo is out, it's easy to slip it in from the rear.

On another note, how many of you have been called out by a smog tech for replacing the turbo inlet? I would think this only a replacement hose and they cannot fail you only because of this.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:11 PM

Glad to hear you got it in OP.

You should not fail visual in CA for this part, unless the vac lines aren't hooked up correctly. If a smog tech fails you for it, find a new place.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by WRXncrew
On another note, how many of you have been called out by a smog tech for replacing the turbo inlet? I would think this only a replacement hose and they cannot fail you only because of this.
Glad to hear you got it in OP.

You should not fail visual in CA for this part, unless the vac lines aren't hooked up correctly. If a smog tech fails you for it, find a new place.
If I remember right, you have to modify the line to fit it on 04/05 which makes it a visual fail.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH

If I remember right, you have to modify the line to fit it on 04/05 which makes it a visual fail.
Per perrins old instructions, you had to T the PCV into the breather line right before the inlet, which is NOT correct. I think his Godspeed inlet came with enough connections to hook up all vac lines individually, so he should be fine. Even with mine hooked up wrong I passed visual at least 4 times. Or are you referring to something else? Btw this was on an 03, only difference is the PCV valve goin into the inlet iirc.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:43 PM

Per perrins old instructions, you had to T the PCV into the breather line right before the inlet, which is NOT correct. I think his Godspeed inlet came with enough connections to hook up all vac lines individually, so he should be fine. Even with mine hooked up wrong I passed visual at least 4 times. Or are you referring to something else? Btw this was on an 03, only difference is the PCV valve goin into the inlet iirc.
Im reffering to the T. If you dont have to modify the PCV line, its legit. I had an older inlet where I had to do a lot of modifications which then made it a visual fail.

I think the 02-03 pcv is different than the 04-05s. I could be wrong though. Its been well over a year and half since I last had to deal with a pcv on a Subaru so I could be entirely wrong.

Quick Reply: About to Install a Godspeed Inlet