30K Service at Capital Subaru or LIC??? Need Input.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru WRX Limited
30K Service at Capital Subaru or LIC??? Need Input.....

So my 06 WRX finally is ready for it's 30K service. I live in San Jose and called LIC and Capital Subaru cus I like Justin the service manager and they both quoted me the same price for the service. I would be saving money and time in gas to take my WRX to Capital Subaru and have taken my car there for almost all the oil changes and been happy so far. The only difference is that at LIC I would be gettting the "Performance Service" which would include all synthetic fluids. What should I do. I am not sure if Capital Subaru would use synthetic fluids for the same price or if it would be all non-synthetic fluids. I have read nothing but amazing happy customers that come out of LIC for their service. Need input please.........
Old 03-16-2009, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
So you're saying that LIC will service your car with Synthetics for the same price as a stealership will charge for non-sythetics? Sounds like a good deal.

You should go to LIC and treat your car with the best fluids available.

Adam and Noah at LIC are a couple of stand-up guys and fantastic mechanics who are happy for customers to watch them work (safety first of course), there is a reason people drive hours to LIC.

You will get nothing but the same response from anybody that has ever dealt with them. They know more about Subarus than Subaru.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM

Car Info: Your mom
I'd say LIC.

I like justin and all but I had a service done there and had another one done at LIC and Noah pointed out to me it looked like I'd never had service done before.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
There is also another option at GST in Hayward which is a closer drive than LIC and do great work as well. Personally, I'd rather go to a place like LIC or GST versus the dealer.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
I drive an hour to go up to LIC for all my services, sometimes taking a day off to do it. Been with them since 2004, and really don't feel comfortable with having the dealer touch my car. That said I have no experience with Capital and don't know much about their customer satisfaction.

Also what kind of driving do you do with your Scoob! Track days, auto-x, spirited, daily? Those things, to me, would warrant what you'd put into your car. Synthetics, tranny fluids etc.

If it's not too much of a loss other than gas and time, LIC get's my vote. There attention to detail is a priority. Plus if you did this every 30K, that's not too bad, unless your drive 20K + a year!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:36 PM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
yeah, if i was in your shoes, i'd support the local suby performance shop! i have yet to meet Noah or Adam, but from what i've have heard they are good guys and will treat your car right!
________
Fix ps3

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
I had my 30k done at LIC 3 months ago and couldnt be happier they did an amazing job.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
appreciate the words guys.

we pride ourselves on the work that we do here...and hopefully as mentioned above we have happy customers for it!

My goal has always been provide friendly/cost effective service w/o cutting corners (many shops will offer a less superior service with inferior parts...we do the exact opposite, we make less with factory OEM or better aftermarket parts)...we use all the OEM parts that the dealer does, when it comes to synthetics or performance services we use only the best fluids and components and we are still able to offer a lower price or better value than the dealer can on their basic service.

hopefully we meet your needs with our options

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 03-16-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:00 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
I go to school in San Diego(UCSD) and i still take my car to lic. I really wish they were closer but i honestly don't mind driving that much for the service i get everytime.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by mattselig25
I am not sure if Capital Subaru would use synthetic fluids for the same price or if it would be all non-synthetic fluids.
Ask Capitol....? This choice is up to you. If you have the time and feel like driving all the way to Novato, then it's pretty much automatic with LIC.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
It's really all about if you have the time and feel like driving to navato. I'd rather support a local shop but sometimes dealerships are easier as they'll drop you off at work or give you a loaner car or what not.

But +1 for LIC and GST.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:23 PM

Dude I can't believe you'd consider taking your car to capitol over LIC.NEWB
Old 03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by indolegend89
I go to school in San Diego(UCSD) and i still take my car to lic. I really wish they were closer but i honestly don't mind driving that much for the service i get everytime.
Damn Noah, he beats me in distance!

I'd say go to LIC, from what I've experienced at dealers its a "drop your car off, we'll tell you when it's done" type of experience. At LIC however, Noah will point of issues (if there are any with the car) and let you know what he's doing the whole way through. At LIC it's more than a "get 'em in, get 'em out" type of place. It's a "communicate with the customer while doing a top-notch job" place.

CN: LIC.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
between ANY dealership for service vs LIC, I go with LIC...
Old 03-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by DetailAddict
between ANY dealership for service vs LIC, I go with LIC...
qft

Quick Reply: 30K Service at Capital Subaru or LIC??? Need Input.....