278hp brz

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alliedforces86

I don't hear people talking about how Ferrari and Lamborgini shouldn't make AWD Supercars... Who cares!? With little to no mods a BRZ/FR-S will leave your 05 behind in the twisties... It's a greatly engineered car and it couldn't have been made unless both companies contributed..
Exactly. Who gives a sht really? Every single review that I've read of the BRZ has been nothing but positivity.

-Brian
Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM

Car Info: 06 STi 293hp/310tq / 2.5 FLI tune
I would rather buy a Scion FR-S, it has a better engine.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:39 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by faraco3
I hope you're being sarcastic since it's the same engine.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:55 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
Name:  not-sure-if-serious.png
Views: 7
Size:  200.7 KB

Originally Posted by Demerson
I hate that Subaru made a BRZ it should have stayed with Toyota. How can a company that has strictly stood to one aspect in all of their cars throw that out the door and make a car RWD.
QQ More. Sounds like you don't ever want or want to accept anything new from car companies anymore. If you'd read about how great they are, drive and feel how great they are, maybe you'd change your mind. You know, Subarus weren't all always awd. So get over it.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
i dont understand, with just a thicker head gasket and arp headstuds, the motor would be low compression and they can hold more boost... so why dont they do that?
Old 08-08-2012, 05:06 PM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by StealthMODE
i dont understand, with just a thicker head gasket and arp headstuds, the motor would be low compression and they can hold more boost... so why dont they do that?
Maybe thats to come later?
Old 08-08-2012, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by StealthMODE
Originally Posted by esousa22
Maybe thats to come later?
Seeing how the compression ratio is 12.5:1, they'll probably do more than a thicker gasket.

Last edited by G_Ride; 08-08-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
by this time next year theyre going to announce a BRZ with the turbo version of the FA 2.0 motor that they are already using in other cars and all of this will be irrelevant, its damn near certain at this point, they've clearly already designed the car with adding a turbo/top mount in mind.

Feel free to bump this a year from now and call me an idiot if Im wrong.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
by this time next year theyre going to announce a BRZ with the turbo version of the FA 2.0 motor that they are already using in other cars and all of this will be irrelevant, its damn near certain at this point, they've clearly already designed the car with adding a turbo/top mount in mind.

Feel free to bump this a year from now and call me an idiot if Im wrong.
seems more likely to me they'd do this and use the new jdm legacy turbo 2.0 version of this motor, rather than spend the money to develop and produce special heads/cams/intake etc.. to make a 250~hp n/a. I mention this because there seems to be a thought that it will not get any fi. Maybe it'd wouldn't require that much work to make 250 n/a but still, why not put the damn turbo motor in.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:26 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Originally Posted by Demerson
I hate that Subaru made a BRZ it should have stayed with Toyota. How can a company that has strictly stood to one aspect in all of their cars throw that out the door and make a car RWD.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Alcyone_SVX
Old 08-08-2012, 09:39 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2005
Should have edited, 1996 was the last time subaru made a non AWD car. Obviously everyone jumped to the conclusion that i hate the car, to clarify...I love the FR-S i think its fricken sexy and i have DRIVEN two of them (I work at 2 toyota dealerships) they are super fun.
I never said i didnt like the car... i said i didnt like that Subaru put there name on the car.
Also: Subaru said they will never turbo the car, it would add too much competition to the WRX/STI series. Thats where they stand at this point, who know how long that will last, they are already working on an "sti" version of the car.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:59 PM

Car Info: 06 STi 293hp/310tq / 2.5 FLI tune
I was kidding, I know the two are almost exactly the same. But really 270+ hp in that little car? I just see the BRZ/FR-S becoming very similar to the Miata/RX7. Meaning, a little, light, rwd coupe with a high HP engine. Not that this is bad, or good, it is just nutz. Petty soon you will see these little rockets at all the race events, taking all the trophy's like the 60's Cobras.

Is turbo the best way to go? I think I would prefer a supercharged version, maybe with 6psi. Sure less power but I think it would be more street friendly. Really think about the tires, poor little guys are just going to get turned into melted blobs of rubber and smoke.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:22 PM

I was kidding, I know the two are almost exactly the same. But really 270+ hp in that little car? I just see the BRZ/FR-S becoming very similar to the Miata/RX7. Meaning, a little, light, rwd coupe with a high HP engine. Not that this is bad, or good, it is just nutz. Petty soon you will see these little rockets at all the race events, taking all the trophy's like the 60's Cobras.

Is turbo the best way to go? I think I would prefer a supercharged version, maybe with 6psi. Sure less power but I think it would be more street friendly. Really think about the tires, poor little guys are just going to get turned into melted blobs of rubber and smoke.
I'm not bagging on the car by any means, but given all the reviews and the straight line power of the car, I don't think adding more power is going to = a 60's tire smoking shelby cobra.

Given the capabilities of the brz vs. higher priced cars there should be a model that does 0-60 in 5 seconds or less and is still a controllable well balanced amazing car that is not a tire shredding shelby cobra beast or overpowered.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 AM

I'd like to see what these cars would do with a supercharger.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Originally Posted by G_Ride
I'd like to see what these cars would do with a supercharger.
This ^^

Scion tC had (still has?) a supercharger option back in the last gen - curious if they will try to make it work with the FR-S.

Quick Reply: 278hp brz