2015 WRX needs new engine? Other issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
2015 WRX needs new engine? Other issues

IM BACK! Its been a while but still holding onto the SUBIE NAME... until now.

Ive been having numerous issues with my 2015 WRX limited MT. Bought it new and at 5k miles, started having issues. SOA wont respond to me or takes forever to do so. Been dealing with this since MARCH... Any Help?

Summary:
CEL @ 5K~ miles - P000A - accidently cleared but took to the dealers anyways
Contact SOA about car having issue and issues with Dealer - Hansel Subaru Santa Rosa = horrible
CEL @ 21K miles - same code
Went to dealer - low on oil - do oil consumption test
dealer messed up my car (Hansel Subaru Santa Rosa = horrible)
Restart oil consumption at different dealer - 1200 miles, 1 quart low

Waiting on SOA...

Other issues:
PM fluctuations at idle (might be engine related)
Squeaking Clutch petal
clucking noise from transmission
wobbling steering wheel (not moving)
Bluetooth randomly disconnects and wont reconnect

Details!!!!
5k miles into owning the car CEL comes on. P000A - intake camshaft position slow response bank 1
Accidentally cleared the code but took it to the dealers anyways because it was also doing this crazy RPM fluctuations at idle, to the point it almost dies.

Subaru blamed it on the gas being aerated here in CA or the brand of gas. I always do 91 and 99% Chevron or the CBE - highly unlikely but they have to blame something.

about 15k (od 21k~) CEL again, this time after it was doing that crazy RPM fluctuations at idle. Took it in first thing next day.

Noted to Hansel Subaru (Santa Rosa CA) the CEL, the RPM fluctuations at idle issue, Bluetooth issue and the clutch petal was squeaking. Said its probably the firewall and they should look at that too.

Their findings: Car had no/ or nearly no oil (the oil is changed religiously at 3500, and was due for one) They decided to replace the clutch petal (which still squeaks) and that they did an oil consumption test (oil change).

Got my car back a week later with a broken license plate mount and the bumper all scratched to bits. (they paid for it after being accused of hitting something, then they admitted it was their car wash)

SO I wasn't about to take my car back there to finish the test. Now I had to restart it all over again at Hanlee Subaru (Napa CA). Told them about the issues and new found issue of the transmission producing an intermitting clunking noise when compressing the clutch and shifting to first.

Their findings: Car was 1 quart low on oil after 1200 miles of oil consumption test. Tech said I need a new engine or short block (couldnt replicate the transmission noise... of course lol)

Been waiting on subaru for almost 2 weeks now about whats going to happen and keep getting this generic email about sorry for the delay as we collect information about my cars profile.

AND... if it cant get any worse, the steering wheel is wobbling like its going to fall off! The car is falling apart. :sadface:

Anyone else having these issues? Im at a lose for words. If they replace the engine that will depreciate the value of the car. I wouldnt buy a used car with a new engine at 25k miles....

Little insight would be helpful. Ive lost a lot of time, money and its created tons of stress.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'd put together all of your records and see if you fit into the lemon law allowances.

Beyond that I'd work with one dealership to try and resolve it. If you're consistent they'll fight with you to get everything fixed.

Is your car under the oil consumption lawsuit? Many of those cars did need new blocks. I'd just keep going with them and try to get the motor replaced.

As for why things are banging around... have them check that too. It could be a lot of different things.

Mainly... I'd do my best to get it fixed and then I'd trade it in on something else. LOL!
Old 09-17-2016, 09:25 AM

Car Info: WRX 2015
yeah, I have a 15 WRX with none of the issues you reported and I've been stage 2 since 9k miles. So you might want to trade it in and move on to another WRX or another car. too many issues...
Old 09-17-2016, 10:02 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Psst Bay Area Subaru Zone Manager

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mason-delapp-8258055b
Old 09-19-2016, 08:13 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Lemon law. For sure.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
update: SOA approved to do a short block replacement and will check the tranny while in there.
This car is cursed