2015 Subaru WRX STI

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 10:44 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Don't care about the engine, I am glad to see they stuck with a tried and true combo, it means more parts on the market that fit it.

However, that front end, is UGLY as ****! the body lines suck, it looks like an evo took a **** and we got what's left over.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
The enthusiast in me is bummed that it's basically the same mechanically but that's a good reason to hold onto my 2004 STi. I have no desire to replace it. Actually I think all these new STis are keeping my resale value pretty good.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
shocking subaru
Old 01-14-2014, 12:13 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Wow, wtf is that? I haven't posted or even been on here for awhile now, but after finally seeing this pos I couldn't resist to give my .02. First off, where the hell did that badass WRX concept go? Looks like nothing carried over man, got us all hyped for what, a current Impreza with all the typical STI garnish, what a crock of sh*t! And no, quit saying that it looks like an Evo X cuz it doesn't even come close, that crap doesn't have a bigmouth front end!

Just when you thought Subaru would finally come through with what we really want, they go and pull the same 'ol sh*t out of their now tiredass hat! Whatever happened to all that talk a few years back from them about fully separating the WRX and STI from the Impreza line, having them be their own cars, possibly the WRX as a sedan and the STI as a true hatchback, maybe even returning to the WRC with the more hardcore STI. Turns out it was all bull**** man, what a damn shame, cuz the new ones still look exactly like a regular ho-hum lowly Impreza to me. All they did was slap a 'lil widebody and hood scoop on the WRX. To further shame, the STI is exactly like the WRX but with a huge wing and BBS wheels. No originality, just the same 'ol formula, I guess they'll use the famous quote "If it ain't broke then don't fix it" forever lol! And they even had the nerve to try to fool everyone by dropping the Impreza name from them hahaha please, shouldn't have even bothered.

Now if you look closely, they even reused parts from the outgoing STI-widebody design, same. Small silver STI side emblems, same. Black side wheel vents, same. Dual quad tipped mufflers, same. Hell, even the giant rally wing is the same! Get where I'm going here, looks alot like lazyass uncreative engineers to me, they talk alot of sh*t but never produce.

Well, they tried to spruce up the interior, I'll give them that, but it's still outdated. Using analog guages without LCDs is sooo old now. There's more red but I still think the seats will suck, as they have all been in the past (it's about time to have Recaros now don't cha think). The whole design just isn't sporty enough, just a leather-clad Impreza vibe imho.

I know the chassis has been stiffened up and it's supposed to be the best handling WRX and STI ever, but let's face it, they'll always understeer so let's see if it'll be the same 'ol story or plain better this time around.

Ahh, last but not least, the infamous powertrain. Looks like the WRX is fitted with the already tested '12+ Forester motor (no folks, this ain't no turbo'd BRZ/FR-S engine), how original huh. They even offer it in CVT form, just like the Forester, but at least the WRX now has a 6-speed. I just love that big 'ol fugly plastic cover over the engine, sooo Forester-like hahaha! As for the STI, appears to have the same 'ol tired 2.5L EJ motor from the last generation, once again how original. Same 305 hp/290 tq power for what, like 6+ years now, while everyone else gets better and faster, what a true letdown. Not even the decent courtesy of a few more ponies or ft pounds, I guess that's as far as the stock road goes folks. That stupid SI-Drive returns too, yeah I'll buy that car to drive in I or even S mode, not! STI's are not eco cars that'll get good mpg's, they're for power and speed, defeats their purpose. At least the venerable Symetrical AWD remains, the only bright spot. Oh, almost forgot, equal length headers now, so no more unique Subaru boxer rumble like before. I'm all for better design which equals more power, but a Subie just won't be the same without that badass infamous rumble you can hear a mile away, it'll be sorely missed. But here's the catch, the STI will probably retain it since it'll have the same ol' setup. Pretty stupid to have two different engines, looks like the WRX will be even more closer to it's big brother. To me it appears that the supposedly all-new STI is just the same, just in a different shell while the WRX is a Forester in sedan form, if that ain't the biggest fail in history then I don't know what is. While the automotive world steadily moves on and changes (evolves) for the better, Subaru stays the same and rehashes old stuff into new bodies.

And this is all why I'll probably never get another Subaru my friends, let alone a WRX or STI. I'd rather spend my $ on vehicles with real new tech, with very good and sporty looks, with something I can be proud of. If you happen to like the new ones then more power to you and good luck, this is all my opinions (with most of it facts of course), I'll be looking elsewhere when it comes to affordable sportscars. I'll wait to see how the reviews shape up on them both, but I think we'll be hearing the same 'ol song. I really wanted the next ones to blow me away, instead they strayed me further from the brand I used to love. Well, 'till next time fellas...
Old 01-14-2014, 12:25 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
I will reserve final opinion until I see it in person. Guessing what we will see is this setup for 1-2 years and THEN they will release a new powerplant. Their thinking on this I am sure: don't fix what ain't broken.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:42 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Looks like the Wrx will be a leaps and bounds better value with the new FA and six speed. New Wrx FTW!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:33 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
Bummer...This newer version is no better than the current GR. I was really hoping for a pure enthusiast car. Something like what Chevy did to the new Z28.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:39 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
Buddy at work is gonna get the WRX asap...can't wait for a ride to lunch.

how long til the first trunk swap thread appears?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 PM

Car Info: Too many subarus
Well I was going to rant but you guys pretty much covered it. And how is that interior an upgrade!? Those seats with the red inserts look like the frs seats LOL
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 PM

So glad the motor is tried and true. These new direct injection high compression motors like the forester and the wrx have a weaksauce redline. Sti is made to be a value fast car that can play with the big boys, don't want to be spending a bunch to find out when the motor is going to blow.

Given the new location of the turbo and di lower down placement etc,, what the hell did you want from the motor? Just a new letter and number for bragging rights, or do you care what the motor actually does? Don't be a ******* complainer.

The car is suppose to pull super hi g - forces so for me the reality of this will be all the difference

Sti stuck with hydraulic steering which I like they are thinking about it, although the brz electric is great, in awd meh i dunno?

Car didn't loose weight which is lame,

No super cool cf carbon bits meh

As for the interior don't see how you can't see it's an upgrade; **crack kills

Last edited by slow04wrx; 01-14-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:35 PM

Failed at the internet
Old 01-14-2014, 09:46 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Makes me love my 05 even more
Old 01-14-2014, 11:03 PM

you should drive a new one before making that judgement, anybody who buys a subaru for looks is crazy!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
bugeyes are the sexks
Old 01-15-2014, 07:57 AM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
It resembles a Legacy/Civic cross, the car is far more grown up looking but @40k + that is really putting it out of reach for its original target group. The same 2.5 305hp is a good way to get people to start looking at other car manufacturers. When I test drove the 2014 Sti and then test drove the 2014 Evo GSR it wasn't even close, I've always been a Subaru guy but the Evo X is just better looking,performing and the interior was even slightly better (who would have thought?). Subaru needed to step it up to compete but they didn't and that's really sad.

Quick Reply: 2015 Subaru WRX STI